sharedshuttle.it

nekzaadvakil

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Has anyone used the services of http://www.sharedshuttle.it to book a transfer from rome to civi port? They are offering Euros 89 for 4 people which is cheaper than most other operators, however I am not sure if they are reliable. Has anyone used their services?

Nick

Did you use this company, Nick, and if so were they efficient and reliable?

Can't seem to find out anything about them, so any information would be welcome.

Thanks!

Never heard of that one, but we have used Bob's limo several times, their shared limo picks up at your hotel and drops off at you ships check in area. Be careful with discount shuttle service as some shuttles can not enter the port ,and drop you off at the main entrance..

We booked their service for Euros 84 for 4 people (Hotel near Termini to the port). Few days before we arrived, they mailed me stating the price was down to Euros 73 since another couple were sharing.

Unfortunately, Turkish Airlines lost my dad's baggage and we had to make a trip from the hotel to the airport and then to the port. So I wrote to them stating that I would need to cancel, they offered to help and send a private vehicle to take us to the airport first and then the port. They sent the driver in 20 mins and it was excellent service. They helped with the bags, waited at the airport and also the driver had access to drive us straight to our ship.

The port can be tricky to circumnavigate, but our driver was excellent. I will definitely use their services again.

Did you use this company, Nick, and if so were they efficient and reliable?

Can't seem to find out anything about them, so any information would be welcome.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
We booked their service for Euros 84 for 4 people (Hotel near Termini to the port). Few days before we arrived, they mailed me stating the price was down to Euros 73 since another couple were sharing.

Unfortunately, Turkish Airlines lost my dad's baggage and we had to make a trip from the hotel to the airport and then to the port. So I wrote to them stating that I would need to cancel, they offered to help and send a private vehicle to take us to the airport first and then the port. They sent the driver in 20 mins and it was excellent service. They helped with the bags, waited at the airport and also the driver had access to drive us straight to our ship.

The port can be tricky to circumnavigate, but our driver was excellent. I will definitely use their services again.

That is really reassuring. Thank you. I have booked a shuttle from the airport to the port for my daughter and myself and so far they have been great communicating with me. Emails are promptly replied to even on a Sunday. Hope our experience is as good as yours - they don't seem to want any money up front, so was a bit worried but glad your experience was good.

I too was in 2 minds, since I didn't see any reviews of them online (good or bad), so I understand why you guys are confused as well.

The lady I spoke to was Shorena, and she was wonderful. I cancelled last minute (just informed her why I was cancelling) and she was most understanding. She asked if I needed assistance to the airport and then to port and provided me with a quote instantly. The car also was sent immediately.

The driver waited patiently at our hotel, helped with our 4 heavy bags (actually he loaded the bags himself) and took us directly to the airport, and then to the cruise port in Civitavecchia.

They were really good when we needed them the most. I really don't know why they don't market themselves enough. I am sure you guys will also have a good experience. My suggestion is email them your number and ask them for theirs as well.

Do they drop you off directly to the new temp cruise ship pick up point or to the ship directly?

Puffy, they dropped me off right at the place where you drop off your bags and enter the huge tent to checkin. Our driver showed the security guys a pass, which allowed us to drive right inside. Without this pass, we would have to get off at the main entrance, wait for a shuttle bus and then its a 5 minute drive to the check-in point.

So this was very convenient.

That is good to know, I have a bad shoulder and cannot drag the bag for too far even though I pack it light. I request to change the pick up time from 3 to 2pm just for safe side, they respond right away and it is excellent .

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI to folks using Sharedshuttle.it.... I got back to the cruise port in Rome on October 6, 2014 only to find that my ride to the airport vanished leaving 5 people stranded at the mercy of a private car service which charged us an addition 50 euro. So instead of 149 euro, I wound up playing 200 euro to get to the airport and a ton of anxiety. The driver actually showed up and told us to wait that he was sending another car after he left with a group of three other people. The best description of that experience was chaos. Poorly run outfit. Would not recommend.

Do not use this company.

Shuttle booked for 8am port to airport. Arrived but did not leave until 8.40 as driver waiting more passengers. Asked driver twice when r we leaving very rude attitude and told me if i pay him 200 euros he would leave the others behind!! He complained about amount of luggage.

When the others arrived we were 40mins leaving our agreed time.

He dropped of others at different airport and then took us. On arrival he asked for full amount but we said it should b cheaper as we shared the shuttle. The driver stated shouting at me saying never to call them again (as if i would)! and next time pay 200 .

Worst service ever.

• 6 months later...

WARNING - do not use this company - 1 hour late leaving the port - rude driver- demanded 3 times the agreed fare

I prebooked a shuttle from Civitacecchia to (FCO) Da Vinci Airport in Rome for my parents at 8am today. The company confirmed the time and a price of €60 (as another couple had also reserved for 8am). It was confirmed in an email with a voucher code.

At 9 am (1 hour after the arranged time) the driver was still refusing to leave supposedly waiting on the other couple that failed to show up for 8am. My parents were obviously worried about missing their flight.

The driver ignored repeated requests to leave without them and had the cheek to say he would leave without them for €200!!

My Dad insisted that the driver call his boss - only after some time did they finally agree on a fare of €120 - double the price and a delay of one hour!

I have used this company myself in the past and found the service to be good, which is why I booked it for my parents. After their experience I will never use them again. Last time I used them in October 2014, there was a contact number on their website. This is no longer there, which is very suspicious. I tried to contact them via Facebook to resolve the situation this morning, but there wasn't any answer there either.

Edited by pdr80