flights from Newark to Fort Lauderdale

erfarb

Quick question regarding flights from Newark to Fort Lauderdale. We have a cruise booked for May 24th( Memorial day weekend) the flight prices seem very high.I would not think that Memorial day weekend was a busy travel day, but the prices leaving the day before we sail ( May 23) are around $385-$400.00 per person.

I am looking to fly on the airlines that Royal Caribbean allows luggage valet service: American, Delta, United, Jet Blue, Air Tran, Southwest and US airways.

Am I correct that this price is quite high, or is this normal pricing for Memorial day weekend?

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds about right. Because of high fares to southern FL, I've flown into West Palm Beach and rented a cheap car, drove 30 minutes to the airport and took a shuttle to the port. It was a huge price savings. Plus when the ship returned, we had time before our flight & went site seeing.

May be an option...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

I would not think that Memorial day weekend was a busy travel day, but the prices leaving the day before we sail ( May 23) are around $385-$400.00 per person.

Usually any holiday weekend will have enough increased demand to cause prices to be higher. With Memorial Day weekend, you have people taking advantage of the long weekend, plus the start of summer vacations, plus people traveling for graduations, etc.

Quick question regarding flights from Newark to Fort Lauderdale. We have a cruise booked for May 24th( Memorial day weekend) the flight prices seem very high.I would not think that Memorial day weekend was a busy travel day, but the prices leaving the day before we sail ( May 23) are around $385-$400.00 per person.

I am looking to fly on the airlines that Royal Caribbean allows luggage valet service: American, Delta, United, Jet Blue, Air Tran, Southwest and US airways.

Am I correct that this price is quite high, or is this normal pricing for Memorial day weekend?

One other thing to consider is that most airlines are increasing their fares due to a rise in fuel prices which always happens at the begining of the spring/summer season. Holiday's in general are almost always more expensive to travel during.

Are you in NJ? I just checked the rate out of Trenton on Frontier and roundtrip to Ft. Lauderdale is total $468 for two.

I just booked flights last week. LGA to FLL roundtrip was $320 pp on Delta non-stop. Leaving Thu May 22, return Mon, May 26. If you are OK flying out of the Queens airports, you might get better fares out of LGA or JFK.

That sounds about right. Because of high fares to southern FL, I've flown into West Palm Beach and rented a cheap car, drove 30 minutes to the airport and took a shuttle to the port. It was a huge price savings. Plus when the ship returned, we had time before our flight & went site seeing.

May be an option...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

You are one helluva fast driver.:D

Bill