Will balcony cabin go up or down?

superdavexox

My wife and I are looking to cruise in February (20th wedding anniversary) on an NCL cruise out of New York. The balcony cabin price we see right now is something we can manage but if we wait will the price go up or down. How do cruise lines determine the price? Should we just book now or wait?

Edited by superdavexox

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Cabin prices can go up or down as supply and demand for the cruise changes. If you're happy with a current price you can book it. If you see a price drop in the cabin before final payment your TA (or NCL if you book directly with them) should be able to get that same price drop for you.

After final payment there is no guarantee that price drops will be given.

Prices depend upon supply and demand. If that cruise sells well, the prices may go up. If demand is slack, prices may fall.

I believe there is are certain popular Jan or Feb weeks where demand is high as some NE US schools are out. Maybe somebody will jump in and tell you which weeks might be predictably popular next year.

We all wish it were easy to predict where prices might go, but it is not always obvious.

One good thing...If you book now, and the price drops before final payment, you likely will be able to get the new, lower rate. So IF you book early, watch for price drops before final payment.

PS...If you must travel a substantial distance to the port anyway, are you sure you do not want to sail out ofa a warmer port in Feb? Maybe Florida? Or do you hope to drive to port or see NYC?

Edited by Starry Eyes

I just checked the school calendar. New Hampshire has February vacation the week of the 23rd - 27th. That means Massachusetts is the week of 16th - 20th since they are always a week before NH. Many New England schools have vacation on of those two weeks.

I just checked the school calendar. New Hampshire has February vacation the week of the 23rd - 27th. That means Massachusetts is the week of 16th - 20th since they are always a week before NH. Many New England schools have vacation on of those two weeks.

I didn't know that about NE - just that NJ/NY usually have off for Presidents Week.