First night - Freedom or Beach house - Oriana

Mysticalmother

We are on Oriana in May and have requested Freedom dining (always had set dining time before) - we know we may not get it as we booked Early saver but...

Two questions...

1. On Freedom dining, Is there usually a queue / wait to get a table on the first night ? We are thinking of eating around 7.30. Not fussy about table size. (I have read elsewhere I think that it can be a bit chaotic on the first night.....?)

2. If we book the Beach house on the first night, is the menu restricted at all or will all menu items be available? Do they have any special offers on the first night? Eg free glass of wine or similar?

Thanks.

We have done freedom dining before if you arrive early there are normally a queue, later normally not. But it helps if you are flexible and willing to sit with other people rather than you a table for two.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

There IS the Beach House on Oriana. It was there last October. We were so disappointed that they had got rid of Sorrento.

The queues for Freedom dining started at 5.15!! However after about 6.30 the queues had gone. I presume they were for tables for 2, but no idea why people would queue at that time.

Also, on the last day of our cruise, they were changing the other pay restaurant to Sindhu.

Edited by jeanlyon

We ate in the beach 3 times last June on Oriana and have booked it for 4 times on our April cruise.

Re freedom dining we have only ever seen a queue once and it was on the first night. We just went for a drink and back 1/2 later. No problem and still got a table for 2.

Sue

Sue I had to smile, I saw it both on Adonia and Oriana. Great snaking queue at 5.15 to 5.30, then by 6 ish, no queue. Do people really want to eat at 5.30?

We like to eat around 7 pm - 7.30 pm so wouldn't have seen the queue at that early time. There obviously is a demand for early eating as people do queue. We could not eat at 8:30 due to health issues. If we finished eating at 10 pm then we would have to stay up until 2 am. It's a good job there are people who like to eat early as it leaves room in the dining room for us a little later.

Sue