traditional dining room on Ruby

Love to Cook!

Does anyone know which dining room is used for the traditional dining?

As mentioned, Botticelli for both early and late seating and, additionally, either the Da Vinci or the Michelangelo (I don't recall which) will be used for early seating, traditional.

Edit: Just looked at Patters from January cruise and it was the Da Vinci.

Edited by ar1950

• 2 weeks later...

If we have a traditional dining time, can we choose anytime dining if we want to? Or is it fixed in stone? I assume that if we don't want to wait for our later dining, we can always just grab grub from the buffet... since people have been saying the food there is pretty good :p

If we have a traditional dining time, can we choose anytime dining if we want to? Or is it fixed in stone? I assume that if we don't want to wait for our later dining, we can always just grab grub from the buffet... since people have been saying the food there is pretty good :p

No.

If you miss your assigned dining time you can go to the buffet, other restaurants or room service.

Dining assignments are capacity controlled. When diners move around it really messed things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the buffet is good, especially at Royal and Regal. IMO.

If you don't make a habit of it yes, you can go to an ATD venue, once in a great while an excursion will be late getting back to the ship and we will be late for TD so we will go to the ATD venue and will be seated without a problem. I know that gets the CC TD police all in a knot but it does happen.

No you can't just switch back and forth between ATD and trad, if you want to change to ATD ask now, but yes otherwifpse the buffet the grill or a specialty.

If you don't make a habit of it yes, you can go to an ATD venue, once in a great while an excursion will be late getting back to the ship and we will be late for TD so we will go to the ATD venue and will be seated without a problem. I know that gets the CC TD police all in a knot but it does happen.

Yeah it does happen. One of the main reasons why we don't look to Princess as our first choice for cruises.

What it does is push back the dining times of those who chose ATD from the start. Too bad ATD just can't go to any empty seat in the MDR.

Edited by SadieN

We prefer late traditional (hated anytime the one time we got stuck with) and if we happen to miss our seating, we gladly go to the Horizon. There's a lot of choices other than the MDR for dinner.

If the OP goes on the Princess website, there is plenty of info about dining and other topics.

Traditional Dining (Fixed Seating) on Ruby normally:

Botticelli ... First Seating, 6:00 PM. Second Seating, 8:15 PM.

Da Vinci ... 5:30 PM (Early seating only ...then coverts to AnyTime at 7:30)

Enjoy! :)