NEW to RC..... have a few questions.

HI! we have only cruised with Carnival. 6 times. we like it, never disappointed BUT my husband wants to try RC. Harmony of the Seas in particular. Can y'all tell me what is extra on the ship with RC we might not be accustomed to on Carnival? I just read room service is $7.95. I know you pay extra for Johnny Rockets & Ben & Jerry's. How are the prices? Are they comparable to the prices you would pay if you visited them at home?

thank you in advance

I LOVE GUYS!! we just compared Carnival Vista and RC Oasis of the Seas.... Carnival is $1000 more with the RC sale..... hard to NOT save $1000

I'd rather go on Oasis than Vista. Enjoy!

Sent from Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I frankly love both Carnival and RCCI but they are both different. RCCI ships seem a bit more upscale to me. The crowds are different too. They do have upcharge restaurants but the buffet and MDR on the AOTS in 16 was great. I am a coffee snob but I didn't feel the need to pay for prem coffee. My sister got the coffee package but it wasn't worth it IMO since she didn't drink enough to warrant it. They have specialty coffee shops that you can purchase specialty coffees or get the free cruise coffee. I'm an early riser and found my way down there a few mornings. So, in short, you don't have to pay the upcharges if you don't want to. Its optional for a reason. I never felt they were needed. DH and I are looking at another RCCI cruise in Jan. Another thing I loved: adult pool area on RCCI.

The Oasis class ships like the Harmony offer a lot. Johnny Rockets is great and free for Breakfast. The Park Cafe has really good Breakfast and lunch which are also free.

Full Broadway show as well. You will like it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums