Do Royal still do 20/30% off drinks packages after you have booked your cruise?

Hi

About to possibly book a 7 day summer cruise from Southampton on the Navigator..likely an inside guarantee so we will not get the onboard credit.

Last time we sailed we did a buy one get one free thingie and got a package included and with Royal's price we want to maybe buy the the deluxe package as its the only one they do now.

I have heard that once you are booked and in your cruise planner you can often get offers on packages but didn't know how often this happened/if it was a constant.

We have 7 crown and anchor points (obviously Gold members)if that helps anything.

Thanks!

We are o9n Liberty next month ( also doing Navigator in Nov) for last several months they have 20 percent off and still have 20 percent off , for a few week a few months ago they had 30 percent off, never know when it will change

I am not 100% certain, but I think it is a function of how well the package selling is going for a particular cruise. For our trip on Adventure OTS this past February, we had originally bough the Deluxe package for $58 (US) a day, plus the 18% gratuity. Mid summer last year, it went on sale for $48pp. Then in early January of this year, they had another big sale and we got it for $38pp. In January though, there were other cruises in the same time frame as ours that did not have the sale offered.

The procedure is simple for taking advantage of the better price. You simply cancel the package you currently have, then rebook the new package at the lower rate. The credits and charges simply flow to your credit card. This all assumes you haven't entered the "no changes" window, which is like the week before you travel or there abouts.

Happy cruising.

I've seen the drink package discounts come and go, well after our cruise was booked. However, I don't know if this is the same for UK bookings.

It is the same in the U.K. Just need to keep checking to see when the discounts are offered. I got a great offer on the drinks package a couple of months after we had booked.

We booked Symphony and when I checked today it is £41.50 per day, is this good, I have no idea, cant remember what it was last year on Ovation as we had select as part of the deal and had to upgrade on board and they really hiked the prices up.

When did they change the packages and is the one they do now like the ultimate ?

Edited by debgreg

We booked Symphony and when I checked today it is £41.50 per day, is this good, I have no idea, cant remember what it was last year on Ovation as we had select as part of the deal and had to upgrade on bard and they really hiked the prices up.

When did they change the packages and is the one they do now like the ultimate ?

The packages changed around April 2016. The current Deluxe package is the old Ultimate package. The old Select and Premium packages are gone.

The packages changed around April 2016. The current Deluxe package is the old Ultimate package. The old Select and Premium packages are gone.

Thanks Bob so its all or nothing now ;p is £41.50 discounted do you know or is that the usual price around $52 a day ?

Do you know can we cancel and re book here in the UK ?

It's not a bad price, I bought it for Rhapsody for £33.88 and Oasis for £37.26 both for 7 day sailings. Both prices +18% gratuity

Thanks how long ago was that and was it before the £ took a dive :(

Thanks Bob so its all or nothing now ;p is £41.50 discounted do you know or is that the usual price around $52 a day ?

Do you know can we cancel and re book here in the UK ?

I believe the minimum non-discounted onboard price is $55 per day, plus 18%. Different ships/itineraries might have higher prices. So if 41.5 GBP is your full price, including gratuity, that would be around a 20% discount. Sorry, but I don't recall if UK rules allow cancellation.

I've booked the new Symphony too via a travel agent. Can't see my booking yet on RCI as they haven't updated their site. How did you book the drinks package so soon?

Someone mentioned earlier that Symphony is now in the dropdown box, so you should be able to add your booking to your My Cruises account.

I've booked the new Symphony too via a travel agent. Can't see my booking yet on RCI as they haven't updated their site. How did you book the drinks package so soon?

Symphony has been added to the list in 'My Cruises' today, so I have been able to access my bookings.

Am in the U.K., so am not sure if this is the case everywhere

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah yes, it's there now. The Deluxe package for my sailing next June is £48.28 each per day which includes the service charge of 16.36%. This comes out at approximately $60.45, ($51.95 without the service charge). Does this seem a good price compared to what the onboard price could be? The page also says that it can be cancelled. I think I'll book it and keep checking the website to see if the price goes down. If it does, I'll cancel and rebook. So I've got to pay £675 for drinks for one week which is causing me to gulp!

We cruise April 2nd and I got an email invite for 20% off today- $44/person.

Interesting. I cruise on April 2nd and mine's 20% off, bringing it to $48 per person. I'm on the Oasis; what ship are you on?