Flying into West Palm Beach for cruise leaving Port Everglades - Transport Questions?

aimcat

we have free mile plane tickets and it seems the only way I can get times to work is fly into west palm beach the day before our cruise leaves then back on departure. I can make ft Lauderdale work for arrival but not departure. Miami doesn't work at all. so my question is - what is the best way to do transport? I'm sure a taxi would be a lot and private transport a lot. so would a rental car be easiest? seems like it might be a huge hassle to rent for just getting to port, returning, then depending on another shuttle. so maybe just keep the car for the week might be easier. I don't know.....any ideas from anyone who has done this?

As this is about ground transport, not air, check the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

A search there will find several threads on your questions. Are you flying in the day of your cruise? It is an hour plus from Palm Beach to Ft Lauderdale. Consider that, and the ground transport costs into your equation. Is it really that much cheaper?

There is a light rail from W Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. I considered using that in the opposite direction when I could only get a flight out of PBI after a cruise. Thanks to a schedule change, I was able to rebook to depart from FLL.

To add to this, I don't know where the tri-rail stop is in W. Palm, but in Ft. Lauderdale it's not at the airport but is nearby. Not sure if they offer any kind of shuttle or if you'd just have to Uber between airport and rail stop but it's not far so wouldn't cost much.