Nassau

FirstRodeo

HEY!

Heading to the BaHaMaS this January! Wahoooo, see ya later WV winter.

Stopping at Nassau. Heard mixed reviews of things to do and positive vs. negative experiences there.

Any recommendations for the best beaches in Nassau and why?

Warmer than 20 degrees in WV :)

We leave for Nassau on Jan 8th. We kept getting warned about it being "not so warm there" that time of year also, but coming from -10 in Chicago it will be like a heat wave for us ;) . Have fun on your cruise. We booked the day pass at Melia Resort.

We are going to Nassau on a cruise in January, also. We're from neighboring VA, so I hear ya about leaving the cold temps behind!! We've booked a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton, as we've done many times in the past. If the ocean temps are too cool, there's a great pool area and tiki bar.

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to Nassau on a cruise in January, also. We're from neighboring VA, so I hear ya about leaving the cold temps behind!! We've booked a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton, as we've done many times in the past. If the ocean temps are too cool, there's a great pool area and tiki bar.

How much is the Hilton day pass?

We are cruising MSC Divina in early April, and have a stop starting around noon in Nassau. We have never been, and I was initially just thinking we would get off and walk over to Junkanoo beach for a few hours. However, some of the reviews I've read have given me pause. I'm now wondering whether it would be better to get a day pass at Melia or Hilton.

We are a group of four adults and four kids (ages 6 to 13). Which would be our best bet? How much do the passes cost and what is included with them? We are all on budgets this year, and are trying to keep our excursion spending down to a reasonable level.

Thank you!

We leave for Nassau on Jan 8th. We kept getting warned about it being "not so warm there" that time of year also, but coming from -10 in Chicago it will be like a heat wave for us ;) . Have fun on your cruise. We booked the day pass at Melia Resort.

Hi! The Melia looks great! I went to the site but I am not sure how to book a day pass? Thank you!!!

We just went last week and we did a day pass at Breezes. 5 ships in port and it was not busy at all. You have to catch a taxi which we didn't mind ($40 round trip). I booked passes online for $65.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've done the Breezes Daypass in the past. We were able to walk into the resort and pay at front desk. Also - used the Jitney Bus Service for round trip transportation from and to the port. Very inexpensive and a good way to get in some sightseeing.

We are cruising MSC Divina in early April, and have a stop starting around noon in Nassau. We have never been, and I was initially just thinking we would get off and walk over to Junkanoo beach for a few hours. However, some of the reviews I've read have given me pause. I'm now wondering whether it would be better to get a day pass at Melia or Hilton.

We are a group of four adults and four kids (ages 6 to 13). Which would be our best bet? How much do the passes cost and what is included with them? We are all on budgets this year, and are trying to keep our excursion spending down to a reasonable level.

Thank you!

Just spend the time at Junknoo...its free and walking distance....day passes for 8 ppl plus cab.......not worth it at all...

Just spend the time at Junknoo...its free and walking distance....day passes for 8 ppl plus cab.......not worth it at all...

Yeah I'm going to agree on that one. If we had 8 people, we would have skipped the day pass!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums