labadee zipline

kimlet

would like to do this with my son but the price now is 127.35 per person, would it be any cheaper maybe booking it on the ship.

seems like a lot for the little time you have.

It will run you about the same.. For the record, it was an amazing ride, with unbelievable views. It was worth the money for us.. If you are afraid of heights, you may want to rethink it.. Have fun on whatever you decide on..

Yes, you get a full 50 seconds for that price.

Unless it has changed when we did it and timed it-----we got a little more than that it was like a 1 min. 40ish seconds.

So............maybe averaging a tad over a dollar a second:eek:.

WOW

Wow, we paid around 96 in November and thought that was high.

Good experience to do once, and thought about a repeat on a future cruise, but maybe not at those prices.

Their website still shows US 95.75 though. Maybe it is the exchange rate.

Edited by h20skibum

Wow, we paid around 96 in November and thought that was high.

Good experience to do once, and thought about a repeat on a future cruise, but maybe not at those prices.

Their website still shows US 95.75 though. Maybe it is the exchange rate.

Yes. The price the OP quoted was in CDN$.

Being that I just did this, it does come out to just under $100 pp USD. It's great, most of the time is spent preparing for the ride and checking everyone in and getting everyone up to the top of the hill. Its more of a bucket list type of thing you do once (record it if possible) and don't do it again. Shore excursions are just about never discounted as those costs are mostly fixed (RCI employees are not involved for the most part with the exception of the private islands).

But again, its your vacation, can't expect a massive discount or a deal on everything now can we? Get an overall budget, and stick with it through hell or high water.

Edited by TwoTimer81

We did it in November and loved it. Yes it's expensive for a short burst. If the cost will prohibit you from doing other things, I wouldn't spend that much. However my group all wanted to do it and we had a blast doing it. Yes there are cheaper and longer zip lines over the world, but we felt the dragon's breathe was unique since you are over ocean and race the waves. There are a million canopy zips, not so many over ocean zips.

My son and his friend want to do it (both 15) but my husband and I do not. Can we sign them in and they go alone? Or do they need to be with an adult? Both boys are close to 6 feet tall and built like foot ball players so they're bigger than a lot of adults (me included) so they are not "kid like".

It might be cheaper to wait. The day before labadee we got a not in our cabin that all shore excursions were 20% off (new bookings only). The trade-off, of course, is that it might be booked. I'd risk it and wait. (But I was also to cheap to do it in the first place :) )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
It might be cheaper to wait. The day before labadee we got a not in our cabin that all shore excursions were 20% off (new bookings only). The trade-off, of course, is that it might be booked. I'd risk it and wait. (But I was also to cheap to do it in the first place :) )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Didn't know they offered such a discount! Has anyone waited and been able to book the zip using the discount? The price is STEEP for what you get, but at the same time as others said it's a "bucket list" type of experience. Won't inhibit us from doing other things on our trip, but yikes.....they are making a $$$$ on this one!

Thanks!