PRICE INCREASEquestion

rabin1

Hello

This is more of a question than anything else. I have said I have never sailed on Azamara before.

When I purchased my aft cabin in January and am going solo so I paid a total $5344 not including insurance. I have to pay 125%.. Now the same cabin is up to over $8900. Is that indicative of Azamara or is it because of supply and demand. I see a lot of cabins still left on the Dubai to Athens segment so I don;t understand why such a drastic increase. That is over $3550 increase. Glad I bought when I did.

Kathy

I think nobody will be able to give you an answer : RCCL group seems to have a yo-yo price policy, which remains a mystery for everybody. Last year, I wanted to book a balcony cabin on Celebrity and (happily!) my connection failed. The day after, I was able to get a suite for less than the balcony's price the day before. Then prices increased again. Same thing this year with Azamara : prices increased (25%) two days after my booking. Don't know from which country you are, but in EU there's a german website which allows you to put a "price alert" on the cruise you want to book, so you are able to know in real time when the cruise price suits you and which cabins are available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think nobody will be able to give you an answer : RCCL group seems to have a yo-yo price policy, which remains a mystery for everybody.

Yes indeed this is my observation too. Out of interest I just did a dummy booking of the April 2018 Dubai-Athens cruise. £6300 for a VX balcony. No way would I book at those prices. I've done Mumbai-Athens and the other way round a few times and have paid less than half that. Of late the prices have been going up and sometimes drastically. Personally I don't see this as sustainable, but Azamara are testing it and time will tell whether they are successful or not.

You guys made me laugh. They may find the waters to themselves.

Here is another question. I just looked up what 6300 pounds is. It is about $7900 correct? On the Azamara web site here in the US the VX is $8900 on that April 26 2018 Dubai to Athens. How can there be such a difference in price? I know I pay 125% for a single but jeez that is whackadoodle.

Kathy

You guys made me laugh. They may find the waters to themselves.

Here is another question. I just looked up what 6300 pounds is. It is about $7900 correct? On the Azamara web site here in the US the VX is $8900 on that April 26 2018 Dubai to Athens. How can there be such a difference in price? I know I pay 125% for a single but jeez that is whackadoodle.

Kathy

Different markets, different prices. Just depends upon where Azamara want to attract bookings from more. Sometimes it works the other way round.