Breakaway: Which side (port/starboard) balcony to book to view fireworks?

fstuff1

going to Bermuda in July in a balcony.

I want to be able to view the fireworks show from the balcony.

Which side (port or starboard) to book?

and port = left side, if you're standing in the middle of the ship facing the bridge?

Edited by fstuff1

In Jan 2015, the port side cabins had a view of the fireworks. I don't know if this holds true for every cruise. (And yes- port is left)

Another great area to view the fireworks is outside on deck 8. Since we had a starboard cabin, we viewed them from there. Spice H2O was mobbed.

In Jan 2015, the port side cabins had a view of the fireworks. I don't know if this holds true for every cruise. (And yes- port is left)

Another great area to view the fireworks is outside on deck 8. Since we had a starboard cabin, we viewed them from there. Spice H2O was mobbed.

That's good to know. We have a balcony room on starboard side, deck 8. Is there any particular place there (middle, aft, etc.) that is best?

That's good to know. We have a balcony room on starboard side, deck 8. Is there any particular place there (middle, aft, etc.) that is best?

The fireworks are launched near the aft just above Spice H2O. But, they can be seen from anywhere along the port side of the ship. We watched them from forward of the Mojito bar near La Cucina. The more aft you go the more crowded it gets.

To the best of my knowledge they always shoot them off from the same spot on the port side. I managed to see most of them from my aft balcony, but there were some low ones I just couldn't see.

cool!

I plan on getting an aft port balcony on the breakaway.

thx!

I was exhausted from a shore excursion and had gone to sleep early, but the fireworks woke me up so I watched them for a bit from our port balcony which was in the front third of the ship - we were in a spa suite on Getaway. So I believe any balcony on the port side can see...and hear...the fireworks.

We made late dinner reservations at Cagney's for fireworks night. We did have to get up from our table to go to the empty railing to see them fully but it was great and u crowded.

Going on the Breakaway to Bermuda first time. Which day of the cruise are the fireworks? What time?

Thanks,

We had a port mini suite balcony. We went up on the top deck (between the two big white satellite balls) get view. We could have seen them from our balcony if we had stayed there. They are usually on the Friday night when you leave Bermuda, they start at 9:45. It was very windy last week and they did them on Saturday night at 8:45 instead.

Since you're balcony is on the starboard side, you'll need to cross over to the port side along deck 8 to see the fireworks. Aft is best, since they shoot them off from the aft part of the ship. We walked back towards Cagney's until we had an open viewing spot at the railing. Or walk all the way to the rear of the ship on Deck 8. You will hear some of the music from Spice H2O. I forget which song "signals" the start of the fireworks; someone here will remember!

Since you're balcony is on the starboard side, you'll need to cross over to the port side along deck 8 to see the fireworks. Aft is best, since they shoot them off from the aft part of the ship. We walked back towards Cagney's until we had an open viewing spot at the railing. Or walk all the way to the rear of the ship on Deck 8. You will hear some of the music from Spice H2O. I forget which song "signals" the start of the fireworks; someone here will remember!

Thanks! We will have our kids with us (11 and 3) so being able to see them from somewhere that isn't crazy wall to wall people is nice.