What kind of shops are onboard?

dbali

I can't seem to find any information about shops on AZ. It doesn't look like there is much but what is there? Any interesting items?

Clothes and sundries, certainly. We don't buy jewelry, but we hung out with a bunch of people who do, and who collect, and they were very impressed. One jewelry designer was on board and she had a special show that folks loved.

I can't seem to find any information about shops on AZ. It doesn't look like there is much but what is there? Any interesting items?

There are two shops, The Journey/Quest Shop and Indulgences. The Shop sells a limited range of clothing for men and women, like shorts and polo shirts. They also sell Azamara branded merchandise from caps and jackets to mugs and bags. There is also an area that sells toiletries, perfumes, bathroom products and medicines like cold remedies and other essentials. Indulgences sells watches, jewellery and sunglasses. All good makes likes Tissot watches, Rayban sunglasses. They also set up a stall outside the shops at certain times selling the cheaper bargains like $10 watches. That's about all I can think of.

Phil

Any handbag sales?

Yes there are.....my particular area of expertise I may add! :) I am something of a handbag collector and have over 300.

Azamara sell a quite limited range of Guess bags, mostly from last year's styles and a few Radley bags. There are some generic leather bags as well. Also occasionally some rather expensive Mary Frances evening bags, but they are very cute. They also have the standard cruise sales of $10-$20 evening bags but these are not my style at all.

If you love your handbags like I do, then you will find much better options ashore. If you are on a Med cruise and visiting Spain or Portugal then the Parfois and Carpisa shops have very unusual and very inexpensive bags, not seen in the UK at all and I always seem to buy at least one. Florence and Lucca have absolutely beautiful but expensive leather handbags too.

Happy Handbag Shopping! :)

Of course it is Josie! And I'm a very law abiding person. :D

Oh and did I mention shoes! But I probably have more handbags then shoes but I particular love the Guess shoes.

We are doing the 16 night Asian cruise from 1 March 2016 - only 4 weeks now to go and I wonder if there will be any good handbag shops. We are visiting Komodo Island, Borneo and I would think no but may be Manila and Japan?

I dunno, you girls:rolleyes::) I'm afraid my weakness is watches. They have some really nice ones onboard.

Phil

Yes they do Phil. I love Skagen watches....have about 6 now.

Josie....definitely good handbag shopping in Japan and are you going to Singapore? If so then Orchard Rd shops are handbag and shoe heaven! :)

Just bought a pair of Ted Baker flowery shoes on my last cruise....they are beautiful but I can only walk about 20 metres in them. Definitely what I call "sitting down shoes". :D

Yes they do Phil. I love Skagen watches....have about 6 now.

Josie....definitely good handbag shopping in Japan and are you going to Singapore? If so then Orchard Rd shops are handbag and shoe heaven! :)

Just bought a pair of Ted Baker flowery shoes on my last cruise....they are beautiful but I can only walk about 20 metres in them. Definitely what I call "sitting down shoes". :D

HI Lottie, no we are not going to Singapore although we do pass through the airport on our connecting flight to Bali and then on our connecting flight from Japan back to the UK. We are also going to Taiwan and it would be interesting to know what if any shops are nearby. We are in Japan at the end of the cruise where the ship docks for 2 nights before we disembark. We have arranged a one day excursion and it would be nice if there were any shops within walking distance or a short ride from the cruise terminal.

I know what you mean about walking - I in a moment of madness bought a pair of lace extremely high court shoes. They are the type that have a hidden platform in the sole. They are beautiful and really elegant and so long as I can hold on to the ship's rail or have at least my husband nearby I am determined to wear them. I would love and simply adore to have a pair of Laboutins but unfortunately they are out of my price range.

WHilst on the subject of bags etc, do you take a bag with you when you go to dinner on the ship? I am thinking whether I need to pack a clutch bag for the evening or a normal small black bag? Packing them is not the problem it is just knowing whether to carry them to dinner. I have got a few understated black cocktail dresses (3) which I was planning to wear for the special restaurants and Chefs Table but I don't want to appear too "overdressed".

I dunno, you girls:rolleyes::) I'm afraid my weakness is watches. They have some really nice ones onboard.

Phil

Phil, why on earth do you want more than one watch? (lol) I know......... as my husband says to me why do I need more than one bag, you only carry one bag never two..............

And that is why men are from mars and women from venus.......

Speaking of watches, I have a feeling that my husband may just treat himself to a new watch.

Phil, why on earth do you want more than one watch? (lol)

Josie, you haven't met me, but it's because I'm a fashionista. :D. I'm up to 6, but OBCs are always a good excuse. I have to keep requesting watch adverts are hidden from my Facebook page. They pop up regularly. Clever marketers those people at Facebook!

Phil

Josie, you haven't met me, but it's because I'm a fashionista. :D. I'm up to 6, but OBCs are always a good excuse. I have to keep requesting watch adverts are hidden from my Facebook page. They pop up regularly. Clever marketers those people at Facebook!

Phil

6 watches? Oh that's ok then, I have got about 50 handbags and 40 pairs of shoes!

YOu need to play catch up.

Phil, my OH has two Tag Heuer watches, a Rolex Submarine , a Patek Philippe, an Omega and the Skagen I bought him. When he says "not another handbag" in that long suffering man way....I just say "watches?" :D

Josie, I always carry a small evening bag for some Lippy, a small hairbrush, the Daily Pursuits and my cruise card. Some women do....some don't, so whatever you prefer is fine.

Josie, if ever you see a photo of Phil, you will realise he's a devilishly handsome guy and has to keep up with the latest styles as a duty to his fans! :D:D:D

Phil, my OH has two Tag Heuer watches, a Rolex Submarine , a Patek Philippe, an Omega and the Skagen I bought him. When he says "not another handbag" in that long suffering man way....I just say "watches?" :D

Lottie, I love those and yes, Facebook has tried to tempt me with all of them. One of my ambitions is to own a Jaeger Le Coutre. One day maybe.......

Sorry OP, you have got a lot more detail than you asked for! Will go off and timepiece dream for a bit:o

Phil

Josie, I always carry a small evening bag for some Lippy, a small hairbrush, the Daily Pursuits and my cruise card. Some women do....some don't, so whatever you prefer is fine.

Josie, if ever you see a photo of Phil, you will realise he's a devilishly handsome guy and has to keep up with the latest styles as a duty to his fans! :D:D:D

Ooh please post a photo of him. Need something to brighten my Sunday.

Ooh please post a photo of him. Need something to brighten my Sunday.

I can't do that Josie but he is very handsome. I can just picture Phil hiding his face in embarrassment now.....he's also very modest! :D LOL!

Perhaps we had better spare his blushes and go back to the shops on AZ theme. :)

I can't do that Josie but he is very handsome. I can just picture Phil hiding his face in embarrassment now.....he's also very modest! :D LOL!

Perhaps we had better spare his blushes and go back to the shops on AZ theme. :)

Thank you for your discretion Lottie and kind comments, but I think you are over selling me:o

Phil