Upgrade Fairy...

We booked a Grand Suite and at 29 days out I got the call from the Fairy offering the Owner's Suite for $2450 more and I just laughed. I asked if that the best she could do and she said, "YES" so I said NO.

Edited by Professor69

:eek: LOL

We booked a Grand Suite and at 29 days out I got the call from the Fairy offering the Owner's Suite for $2450 more and I just laughed. I asked if that the best she could do and she said, "YES" so I said NO.

I had a call a couple weeks ago (my cruise leaves on 4/21, so about a month out). We are in an aft-extended and they offered ocean suite for $510 more. I said "how about for $200 more," he said no. So I told him to call me back if it dropped to $200 more. He just laughed.:o

Anybody have any luck lately? We're leaving in a month and I'm just dreaming of a nice call :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you see a room better than yours available online, just call. The upSELL (not upgrade) fairy isn't going to give you a much better price.

The UPGRADE Fairy was replaced by the UPSELL Fairy. As long as there are people that will pay for the upgrade that used to be free why should they give them away? It's sad to see the demise of the UPGRADE Fairy. :(

We cruised in December on the Breeze. we booked a balcony on deck 9 and the upsell fairy called us 3 days before we were to cruise. He said we could get a bigger balcony and bigger closets for $700 more dollars. NOPE!!!

I love the balcony but I'm not on it that much to justify that much more money.

I cruise may 24 th, I have gotten 2 emails with the same offer. I have a balcony on lido and I can upgrade to junior suite empress for the low cost of $880.00. What a deal!!!! No thanks!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's too bad free upgrades are a thing of the past. We had a free upgrade once on Princess from a mini to a full suite. It was really nice!

I'll never forget the time we got a cabin on the FASCINATION that was very inexpensive...the cost of an inside room, but with portholes. I was soooo excited about being in that porthole room, since I had never been in one. Yet, it was an incredible deal to me when a guy from CARNIVAL called and offered us a MIDSHIP OCEAN view for a mere $50 more, total. I LOVE midship! Now, THAT'S A DEAL. Of course, now I've experienced a balcony on CARNIVAL and a JUNIOR FRONT HUMP SUITE on RCCL; but that's got it's own set of struggles. :o

I'll never forget the time we got a cabin on the FASCINATION that was very inexpensive...the cost of an inside room, but with portholes. I was soooo excited about being in that porthole room, since I had never been in one. Yet, it was an incredible deal to me when a guy from CARNIVAL called and offered us a MIDSHIP OCEAN view for a mere $50 more, total. I LOVE midship! Now, THAT'S A DEAL. Of course, now I've experienced a balcony on CARNIVAL and a JUNIOR FRONT HUMP SUITE on RCCL; but that's got it's own set of struggles. :o

You mentioned being on the hump on RCCL. We did that on Mariner of the Seas and really enjoyed it.

Cruising is great! Now if I could just win the lottery! :D

We got a call Friday. We were in a junior suite and upgraded to a grand suite for $320 more. Our cruise is in 20 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're in a JS on the Miracle in July, and while I've already paid a painful penny for it, I'm having second thoughts about the investment. I booked it last year and can't make any changes without it costing a bootie-load more! Right now, they've got a sale where the JS and GS are the same price...but they're both almost a grand more than I originally booked for.

I'd totally CONSIDER the upsell, if it were less than 3 bills more....

Seems there are now fewer complimentary upgrades. We have recd several over the years. Lately, there are some emails offering upsells. We received one yesterday with $50 upsell each to move our Upper interiors to midship Empress OV. Fascination April 28th, 5night. There was no single supplement, so we have 2 adjoining interior cabins. So, $100 total. Ship is far from full, so we are holding out for a complimentary call or ask once on board.

Well not exactly the upgrade call, but I did get a call last night to offer me a second week - 5/18 sailing, for $900 for two on a balcony room. I can't be away from my business that long:(

We got called last week, for our 4/27 sailing on the Glory...$720 for an ocean suite, from a balcony. We declined. Even the "upsells" aren't usually a good deal anymore.

I got the same quote for the same sail date, but on the Conquest. I actually called in to switch our dining and the lady says "Oh you have an offer". We are cruising with another couple and had the offer been reasonable, I would have left them in the dust! My husband said no while I waited for the cost - then she told me $720 and I laughed! I'll keep my drinking funds and enjoy my regular balcony!