Allure of the Seas secret areas

batman1975

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows about "secret" areas on the Allure/Oasis.

I read that on the port side on deck 14 at the front is the section above the bridge. not sure if this is inside or outside?

Anyone know of any other secrets?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone knows about "secret" areas on the Allure/Oasis.

I read that on the port side on deck 14 at the front is the section above the bridge. not sure if this is inside or outside?

Anyone know of any other secrets?

Thanks!

it's outside. good spot for sailaway.

Decks 11, 12, and 14 AFT on both sides of the ship provide balconies with chairs and maybe a lounge chair or two which provides a nice view of the Aqua Theater and sea. Simply walk down the hall the entire way and you will see a door leading out to the balcony. I watched sailaway from Deck 11 AFT and it was quiet and peaceful.

The spot above the bridge is on deck-14, and it is outside. You can look down upon it from the front of the solarium, but there was no obvious way to get to it. I suppose that's why it seems to be a "secret" location - just because it's not obvious how to get there. Just walk through the interior hallway (past all the staterooms), and at the end of that hall is a door leading outside to the area above the bridge. On each side, they have some high-powered binoculors, which we thought was a nice touch by RCI. It was very windy when we were there - almost strong enough to knock you over! But still an interesting place to go.

We also discovered the balconies above the aqua theatre. On decks 8, 9, and 10, those balconies are private (part of the Aqua Suites). But on the other decks, they are accessible to anyone. To get to the one on deck-7, just take the stairs from the back end of the boardwalk (by the aqua theatre). It's the same location as the rock wall. To get to those balconies above deck-10, walk to the end of the hallway (inside), and there's a doorway to the balcony.

The spot above the bridge is on deck-14, and it is outside. You can look down upon it from the front of the solarium, but there was no obvious way to get to it. I suppose that's why it seems to be a "secret" location - just because it's not obvious how to get there. Just walk through the interior hallway (past all the staterooms), and at the end of that hall is a door leading outside to the area above the bridge. On each side, they have some high-powered binoculors, which we thought was a nice touch by RCI. It was very windy when we were there - almost strong enough to knock you over! But still an interesting place to go.

We also discovered the balconies above the aqua theatre. On decks 8, 9, and 10, those balconies are private (part of the Aqua Suites). But on the other decks, they are accessible to anyone. To get to the one on deck-7, just take the stairs from the back end of the boardwalk (by the aqua theatre). It's the same location as the rock wall. To get to those balconies above deck-10, walk to the end of the hallway (inside), and there's a doorway to the balcony.

Do you happen to know if the area on deck 7 at the rock wall is accessible from the hallway for the staterooms on deck 7? We have a stateroom on deck 7, and it would be great to be able to access the Boardwalk from both the 'main' entrance and this potential 'secret' one!

Do you happen to know if the area on deck 7 at the rock wall is accessible from the hallway for the staterooms on deck 7? We have a stateroom on deck 7, and it would be great to be able to access the Boardwalk from both the 'main' entrance and this potential 'secret' one!

I didn't notice, but I just asked my daughter and she is certain that you CAN access that balcony from the stateroom hallway on deck-7. Which means you can quickly get from your stateroom on 7 to the boardwalk. (Something that folks on decks 8 and up cannot do, because of the private balconies for the aqua suites.)

That balcony on 7 was a nice location for the sail-away. They had some kind of dreamworks show at the aqua theatre, so you can view that and also look the other direction to see land as the ship leaves port.

Decks 11, 12, and 14 AFT on both sides of the ship provide balconies with chairs and maybe a lounge chair or two which provides a nice view of the Aqua Theater and sea. Simply walk down the hall the entire way and you will see a door leading out to the balcony. I watched sailaway from Deck 11 AFT and it was quiet and peaceful.

11, 12 & 14 became my newest Happy Places thanks to CC! Wasn't as peaceful as it could have been because of the Madagascar Aqua Show training but was a great spot to get away. As you can see in the reflection I was there with absolutely no one! Only drawbacks are that the washrooms are so far away and once I ended up on one side only to find out the sun was on the opposite side of the ship :(

<a href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/5275958413_0b01cb46ac_z.jpg' alt='5275958413_0b01cb46ac_z.jpg'>

Untitled by Beth_Hfx, on Flickr[/img]

I didn't notice, but I just asked my daughter and she is certain that you CAN access that balcony from the stateroom hallway on deck-7. Which means you can quickly get from your stateroom on 7 to the boardwalk. (Something that folks on decks 8 and up cannot do, because of the private balconies for the aqua suites.)

That balcony on 7 was a nice location for the sail-away. They had some kind of dreamworks show at the aqua theatre, so you can view that and also look the other direction to see land as the ship leaves port.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear... I figure we'll probably watch a bit of the sailaway show, then head back to our room to enjoy our own balcony. I've always loved being where the action is for sailaway... nothing quite like it!

Although these are Oasis photo's I would think these things are smiliar on both ships. I anxiously await our Allure cruise in 2012. Bon Voyage.

The "wing walk" on Deck 14 is a great view.

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

Yes, the area on the back of deck 7 is accessible from the hallway. We stayed on Deck 7. It's a great spot to watch the Aquatheater show too..no reservations required and there are a few comfy chairs. :)

As far as a "secret" spot, get up early and snag one of these cool chairs in the Solarium

IMG_2895.jpg

Keep an eye out for all the artwork on board. It's everywhere and so interesting. Royal spends a lot of money on artwork around the ships, and they spared no expense on Oasis.

IMG_2586.jpg

Also, find a little nook in Central park and just sit and enjoy your surroundings. It's a special space for a ship.

IMG_2648.jpg

Go to the "On Air Club" and purchase a Scavenger Hunt Book for $12.00 and start the hunt. You will be going all over the ship looking for different things hidden on the ship. It is a lot of fun for adults and kids and the book is worth the money because it has all kinds of information about the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

You beat me to it! Those spots are great for photos as there was rarely anyone around when I was at these spots aboard the Oasis last March. :)

Go to the "On Air Club" and purchase a Scavenger Hunt Book for $12.00 and start the hunt. You will be going all over the ship looking for different things hidden on the ship. It is a lot of fun for adults and kids and the book is worth the money because it has all kinds of information about the ship.

Thanks for the heads up, this is something newish I guess. They didn't have anything like this when I was on the Oasis last March. Although they did offer an art tour that went to some of the hidden art spots. I quickly learned to look in every nook and cranny on that ship, they had art hidden all over the place and some of it very well worth trying to find. :)

Joe W.

Does this book exist for Allure? Thought I had heard that it doesn't, on.the scavenger hunt thread.

Any overlook balconies on deck 6??:)

The boardwalk is on deck six, so there are no overlook balconies there. There are public overlook balconies on deck 7, 11 and 12. Also by Adventure Ocean to the front of the ship there is a quiet area on deck 14.

Overtyme, there is no book for the Allure like there was for the Oasis.

The boardwalk is on deck six, so there are no overlook balconies there. There are public overlook balconies on deck 7, 11 and 12. Also by Adventure Ocean to the front of the ship there is a quiet area on deck 14.

Overtyme, there is no book for the Allure like there was for the Oasis.

How close to the public overlook balconies is the rock climbing wall?

If my wife climbs the rock climbing wall and I stand on the balcony on deck 11 - will I be able to get som cool photos of her climbing?

Given that she reaches as high as deck 11. :p

is the scavenger hunt something that is done every day or on a specific day? is there a prize other than the satisfaction of a job well done? is is something we could do with the kids? sounds like something new and fun for us to do!

Seems like I read that the 'scavenger hunt' book is called "Live the Oasis". So far, it doesn't seem to be available on the Allure, which is too bad. Sounds like a great way to find/see things on the ship that you wouldn't normally encounter, and would make a great souvenir.

Anybody on the Allure recently, that can comment on the availability of this book and, if it does exist, where to get it?

13 days to the Allure....not sure, but the Oasis had a bank of computers (internet access) "hidden" somewhere between cabins and linen closets. The dambdest thing I've ever seen. I miss the good old Library/Internet rooms.

Archived