"Live" Enchantment of the Seas, May 19-28

Not quite yet of course, but very soon. Packing is well under way for my first time on RCI and my first cruise from my Baltimore home port. The itinerary:

Leave May 19

At Sea May 20-21

San Juan May 22

St. Thomas May 23

Samana May 24

Labadee May 25

At Sea May 26-27

Back home May 28

To get an idea of my reporting style here's a link to my last cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1391776&page=3

My posts on cruise critic will be primarily narrative. I will try to post a few photos if possible to a companion blog:

http://baltoenchantment.blogspot.com/

I also just got a new toy, a 12-oz scanner and will attempt to post excerpts from the daily programs if internet capability allows.

There's also a link in my signature to the blog with the pictures and attachments.

Roy

I also hav

:cool:I will be following you closely. Please keep ship in one piece and exit promptly. As you leave, I will be boarding. Please check out menu in Chops and report on meat options. Rumors of no lamb and rib-eye are circulating in cruise critic world:cool:Thank You - Sailaway Jack

Roy, I hope you have a great time. My sister and her partner (Nancy and Joe, though they don't do CruiseCritic) will be on the same sailing, and I look forward to comparing your impressions with theirs. The Enchantment was my very first cruise, so I'll always look back on it fondly.

Thank you, all. For the RCI veterans, do they give out souvenir copies of the menu like some other lines? If so, I'd rather scan and post them after the fact, if not I'll try some pictures but doubt how well they'll come out.

Ricki, you're right, I am out of control. Even worse, this is a substitite for a cruise that got cancelled. I was actually supposed to have done a cruise a week earlier than this, only 2 weeks after returning from Symphony, and I'm off again July 12.

buckirj1, I'm not sure how the RCI M&M works but if Nancy and Joe wanted they could possibly just show up at the Viking Crown Lounge 10am Friday.

sailawayjack, I'll try to leave the ship in good shape for you.

Roy

Looking forward to you posting live from the Enchantment of the Seas since I will be cruising on 7/14/11. Please let us know how the overall ship looks since there has been some negative post about the ship. Hope you have a GREAT cruise!!!

Hi Roy,

Dan and I wish you a Bon Voyage with calm seas and great weather! We are curious to hear what you think of RCCL. Our friends that we are joining on the May 26th Princess cruise want us to join them next year on an RCCL sailing.

Can't wait to follow your blog!!!

Barb and Dan

Roy,

We have never been given souvenir copies of the menu on Royal Caribbean. I don't know if they would give them to you if you asked for them, but I'm sure someone on this board should have an answer to that.

Looking forward to your posts as we have an upcoming cruise in July.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you Keith.

I'll start with a bit of personal philosophy here. I've been a bit concerned about climate change and the impact we have on it yet I cruise a lot. One way I try to deal with the conflict is that I try to put an extra vehicle on the road just for myself less often. To that end I boarded an express MTA bus this morning for the 20-mile ride to Baltimore and connected with another to the port area. I am now at a local McDonalds hanging out for an hour or so with coffee and free internet. I'll be walking the remaining 5 blocks or so to the ship in about a half hour.

It's getting real close.

Roy

I dropped off my bags about 10:30. A very helpful porter took hold of my pack directly from my back, much easier than taking it off myself. I walked about a mile to the inner harbor and the Baltimore Symphony Show House on the inner harbor. The BSO has been sponsoring these events. It was a good walk and interesting with some very nice decorating ideas but was quite crowded and turned out not to really be my cup of tea, but still a nice walk.

Roy

Archived