What Actual Sizes Do Chico's Clothes Fit?

kitty9

We have a new Chico's store in the area and I'm wondering what size they fit? Do they only go up to a 14 or do they go larger? I like their styles, but I had heard they only fit a 12/14 and no larger.

Hi Darcie:) I have a few Chico's pieces. I usually wear a 3 in their sizing and I am a 14 in most other clothing.

I don't know if they have a size 4 or not. I am guessing that would be a 16.

To be honest, the 3 gives me plenty of room. Not sure what size you normally wear.

You might call the store and ask though.

You really need to try on the clothes. Some pieces I wear a 2, some a 3. Their pants are fairly generous in their sizing. The travellers especially, because they have elastic wait bands. The tanks and Ts are pretty true to size, but some of their linene blouses are very roomy. Some of their jean cut pants and slacks have half-sizes, up to a 3.5. I wear a 16 in most jeans, but theirs I wear a 2.5. I'm larger than a 12/14 and have no problem buying clothes there.

I love their looks but you do have to try the clothes on! I have clothes in sizes 1, 2 AND 3!! I have a pants outfit where the top is a different size from the pants. Very unconventional sizing. BTW, in the real world :) I wear a 12. I don't have a Chico's in my country :( but whenever I go to the US I look for one. In fact, I'm going to Washington on business next week and a trip to Chico's is definitely on the agenda :D !!

If you find one, try a Chico's Outlet...I always feel like I am a thief after shopping there, the bargains are that good (then I always feel guilty that they still go to a lot of trouble to wrap up the package!).

I wear a 16 and have never had a problem finding something to fit (usually a 3, but depending on cut might be a 2).

Patty

For me, I take a 1 because I find the clothes run on the larger size, or maybe it's simply because they are the flowing type of clothing as opposed to tailored. Oh, please don't get me wrong. They also have tailored clothes, but the Chicos in my area is more on the comfy side. I like the materials of most of the items because they can be washed in the machine!

No dry cleaning bills!

The travellers line is great, wash in the machine and dry in the dryer, it's good to go again. The whole line is pretty much basic black, with the tops having more color to them. I have the pants in 2 lengths and a skirt, plus numerous tops to go with. The stuff is great for casual nights and some of it can go for semi-formal, depending on how you accessorize. Because it is a knit, it is very soft and comfortable.

The travellers line is great, wash in the machine and dry in the dryer, it's good to go again. The whole line is pretty much basic black, with the tops having more color to them. I have the pants in 2 lengths and a skirt, plus numerous tops to go with. The stuff is great for casual nights and some of it can go for semi-formal, depending on how you accessorize. Because it is a knit, it is very soft and comfortable. Easy to pack, fairly lightweight and reasonably priced. They have a good representation on their web site http://www.chicos.com you could check them out first.

Archived