Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

We cruise on Monday and have misplaced our DD's birth certificate. It has just vanished. Monday is a holiday here so we can't get a new rush one.

To add the insult to the injury... We booked this cruise only a week or so ago so didn't add the travel insurance.

Lesson learned: TRAVEL INSURANCE!

We cruise on Monday and have misplaced our DD's birth certificate. It has just vanished. Monday is a holiday here so we can't get a new rush one.

To add the insult to the injury... We booked this cruise only a week or so ago so didn't add the travel insurance.

Lesson learned: TRAVEL INSURANCE!

That's really a bummer, here's hoping you find it before Monday, so you can go on your cruise, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

First question.....at the time you booked the cruise, did you have the bc in your hand (or had you seen it some time shortly there after)?

Or did you book the cruise without checking for the bc first?

(trying to help jog the op's memory - not be mean)

Places I have found my passports and bc before:

In a stack of "to be filed" paperwork.

Jewelry chest

Junk drawer

On the floor behind my desk (fell behind the desk)

Filing cabinet

Safety deposit box

Stuffed into a plain envelop or blank yellow file folder

See if you placed it with the boarding passes/luggage tags/passports. (I just filled out everything online 2 days ago,and noticed all that stuff is together in my book I am bringing.)

hope you find it soon so you can relax!:)

It's a case of... Well it's always in the drawer with all the other BCs and Passports! No. Sigh...

I went through the papers when I got DH's passport out for the #. I swear it was there and now it isn't.

We booked this cruise because we are totally overwhelmed, overworked and full of anxiety. I am a big planner (or I wouldn't be on this site) so it is a hard pill to swallow knowing that I screwed this up for us.

See, we live 5 minutes away from the Birth Certificate place and they turn them around in an hour. If the cruise only left Tuesday we'd be fine.

I can't believe I did this to myself.

Well, I am going to go look. I may not sign on again until tomorrow AM but thank you for all the advice and encouragement.

On my hubby and I's first cruise together he left his bc and passport in his lockbox at the bank (we now have a safe in our home). We left for our cruise on Sunday and he realized this Saturday night. He took his id (state and military) and had no problem. They made him sign some form and he was fine. However security has become stricter lately... I will say a prayer for ya.

Have you had to use it to sign her up for school, sports, camp, etc? Maybe its in an old purse or the car?

I remember reading a similar post a year or so ago, and they ended up finding it in a pile of junk mail in the laundry room! There's still hope, keep looking and relooking. Good luck!

Do you have a cat or dog? There was a thread from a gal who couldn't find her passport and found it in the animal's bedding. Glad that's not my pet!

When was the last time you saw it/used it?

Good Luck!

ETA-- You saw it in your desk drawer, could it have fallen behind the drawers? I have 'lost' many things because my drawers are full and things skim off the top and fall back.

When did you use the birth certificate last? Was it for a trip? Did you file away any paperwork from the cruise at that time - go check that file. Was it for school? Maybe it's in her school paperwork.

After one cruise I didn't put my passport up immediately and when my mother came over a couple of days later to help me sort my mail, she filed my passport with my credit card statements.

In my boss's case, her passport was in an old briefcase.

It's there somewhere - alot of good possibilities posted so far. I misfiled our passports one year...10 minutes of panic until they turned up. Since you know you had it and they don't move on their own I'm confident it will turn up. Keep at it and good luck!

Archived