Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

We cruise on Monday and have misplaced our DD's birth certificate. It has just vanished. Monday is a holiday here so we can't get a new rush one.

To add the insult to the injury... We booked this cruise only a week or so ago so didn't add the travel insurance.

Lesson learned: TRAVEL INSURANCE!

Not that it is much consolation, but travel insurance would not cover this event, so no point in beating yourself up for that one.

Check the house again. My guess is that it will show up.

How old is your DD? Maybe you could try using a school I.D. or even a Baptism Certificate if you have one of those. I truly hope you find it! Let us know! Try to look for anything that has her name and age on it that looks the least bit official. One more thing, do you have a copy from you doctor of her list of vaccinations? Maybe you could try using that. I would take everything I had with her name and age on it and try to get on that ship.:p Good Luck!:)

Oh, I just thought of something else. If your DD plays any kind of sport outside of school, such as club soccer, you would have had to have given someone a copy of her birth certificate when she joined the team. Contact that person and rush over there and get a copy if this is an option. Again, Good Luck!

I went on a cruise with my sister's office in March. A few months after we returned, I booked a girls cruise with some friends. I couldn't find my passport in the place we keep all our passports...never could find it. I was days away from filling out for a new passport when I found it. It was in the side pocket of my carry-on bag that I used on the cruise. Check your cruise luggage you used last.

Saying a prayer too!

DJ

Someone who travels with us promised his girlfriend's sons that they would take them on the next cruise. Well they broke up and he kept his promise to the boys; however mom would not let them go. The youngest child about 13, at that time, took their birth certificates(withou mom knowing) and gave them to the ex to keep for the cruise. He was determined to go on his first cruise. Mom did let them go.

To OP, you will find the birth certificate. You have a lot of prayers going your way.

How old is your DD? Maybe you could try using a school I.D. or even a Baptism Certificate if you have one of those. I truly hope you find it! Let us know! Try to look for anything that has her name and age on it that looks the least bit official. One more thing, do you have a copy from you doctor of her list of vaccinations? Maybe you could try using that. I would take everything I had with her name and age on it and try to get on that ship.:p Good Luck!:)

Oh, I just thought of something else. If your DD plays any kind of sport outside of school, such as club soccer, you would have had to have given someone a copy of her birth certificate when she joined the team. Contact that person and rush over there and get a copy if this is an option. Again, Good Luck!

She needs either a certified bc or passport, I don't think even a copy of her bc would work, but I could be wrong, I am sure there are others here that will have better knowledge than I.

Don't give up! It has to be somewhere. If it was not packed away for your last cruise, go through all your papers again. Take a deep breath and try to calm your mind, the panic that is entirely justified is likely blocking your mind & making it harder to find it.

Sometimes thinking "where is the last place in the world this thing should be?" can help unstick you. I've asked that of myself & it turned up the next place I looked.

No matter what time zone, you have a whole day to look & find it. If you still have packing & other things to do to get ready, can you enlist part of your family to pack & others to tear the house apart looking?

The best suggestion I read so far was the one asking if you had the birth certificate out to do an online check in for the cruise. Sometimes I've lost important papers vaccuuming, when it got blown behind the piece of furniture it was sitting on.

I feel so bad for you. I do the same thing, misplace things I normally would never misplace if I am too stressed. Crossing fingers & toes that you find it soon & can relax & enjoy your cruise.

Any chance your DD could go to a trusted friend or relative on Monday, you and the rest of the family depart on schedule, then said friend or relative can get DD's BC in a rush on Tuesday morning, then take her to airport to fly her out to meet you at the next port? Not knowing how old she is, where your cruise is, or the length of the cruise (to determine whether it's worth it or not) I'm just offering a suggestion... this might not be feasible at all. Hope you find it before Monday and all this stress is for naught. :)

Archived