Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

Can you fast talk your way ONTO the ship and have someone meet you on return with the birth certificate? It's getting back IN the country that is the problem, right? My brother was in Canada once with his kids, awhile ago, not realizing he needed a BC to get them back to the states. He had a friend in Georgia (where they live) get the certified copies and somehow get them to where he was in Canada and they let them back in.

So when you dock, the friend brings the BC to Customs?

Good ideas and do you know a nurse in hospital connected to records..the hospital chaplain helped me once get some records about a surgery..the death/birth certibicate people have contacts..baby book and family pictures??...do you have that?? could be there and every darn place you run for snacks, food in your house when doing two things at once..found keys and sunglasses and car title behind fridge, in fridge by pop, by warm spare pop, canned goods, in paper piles ready to file, and spare tp apnd paper products area..behind bed between fridge ans counter..pull that sucker out..

St, Anthony and Archangel Michael watch over this family and send them their needed rest and this birth Certificate or something useable..safe blessed travels prayed for you...sarah

What about a baptismal slip, that might work, also. This may have been mentioned already if so sorry.

Your children are so young and your

cruise is just a four days (I think).

Bring ID for the child (some kind) and ID

that proves you are the parents..then

maybe you can get on. Maybe they

will make an exception. Who knows..

only thing you can do is try.

A child isn't a danger or going to cause problems.

best of luck!

PS.

I would still look in every drawer in the house..

same places many times..how many times do you

find something in a place you already looked in.

You've searched everywhere, but have you searched the kids' rooms? They have a way, especially at that young age, of walkng off with things.

Yup! At our house, if a TV remote control is missing, we know that we need to check the storage compartment in our son's Mickey Mouse airplane. That's where he stashes anything he finds around the house.

If a birth certificate ever goes missing in our house, that will be the first place I search! :D

Just a thought, here in NC the BC office is the Register of Deeds office. This is an elected office. Someone is bound to know the person and be able to get up with them to help you out. Dont know if this is the same where you live though. You could always post a help to everybody on your facebook account for anyone who knows anyone who works at the office. Im just throwing everything I got, but the facebook one might work. Ask friends to post to all their friends. Eventually somewhere will know someone who works there. Gotta Love the world of Social media.

Just a thought, here in NC the BC office is the Register of Deeds office. This is an elected office. Someone is bound to know the person and be able to get up with them to help you out. Dont know if this is the same where you live though. You could always post a help to everybody on your facebook account for anyone who knows anyone who works at the office. Im just throwing everything I got, but the facebook one might work. Ask friends to post to all their friends. Eventually somewhere will know someone who works there. Gotta Love the world of Social media.

Oh I like this one...because a worker will do it if they can be found...this is the kind of good vacation karma one wants to pass on and OP are so not alone...Darn we all care and i am inspired to sort through my life better,,i am in a bit of a paper and thing mess...i found the darn passport right away...as soon as you get this OP..copies and all in several places...something is going to work out...have a good feeling do not give up on all options...sarah

This is not likely to happen - as from what I read the OP lives in CA. Everything is run from the county offices. Now the chances of them knowing someone in the county offices of over 5 million people is slim to none.

But it is helpful advice for those living in the country.

Just a thought for when you go to Immigration (at the pier) in the morning, take everything you have from her birth. Hospital bills (if you keep those things) to prove where she was born, birth pictures, vaccination records, doctor bills....anything you can find. Too much info is always better than none at all.

I pray you can get on the ship! If for some reason, could either you or your husband board with one child and then the other stay behind to get the BC and then meet the ship? That way it wouldn't be as expensive for you? I really hope you all get on board tomorrow! I can tell you I will have nightmares about us not getting on the ship because this will be on my mind-please keep us updated and good luck!

I hope you make your cruise. ;) Please come back and update us. If we don't hear back, we will assume that you are cruising. :)

BTW - About 25 years ago, we kept two grade school girls while their parents toured Europe. Their babysitter had fallen through at the last minute. I happened to hear the mother telling the story of how they could not find another sitter, or anyone willing to keep the children. I barely knew this lady, but offered to keep the girls (I had two girls around the same age). She took me up on the offer, as well as one other lady, so we split the duties having the girls a week each.

Twenty five years later, we too were able to go to Europe, but we waited until our children were old enough to take care of themselves (30,26, and 23 :D ).

Borrow a birth certificate from a friend or relative of a female child approximately the same age as your daughter. Call Carnival and tell them you need to do a name change. It may cost $50.00, but it needs to be done IMMEDIATELY!!

It will work. Problem solved.

Wow!

Good Thinking!

Not only will they lose the cruise fare but they will get shiny new bracelets and a free ride in a police car with pretty lights. The kids will love seeing that.

Wow!

Good Thinking!

Not only will they lose the cruise fare but they will get shiny new bracelets and a free ride in a police car with pretty lights. The kids will love seeing that.

I am a facebook user and when I read this i wanted to "like" it... great response.

since OP hasnt posted again hopefully they found a resolution and are on the ship.

I have one question about the plan to join the ship in Catalina. Would that have violated the PSVA?

Bill

Catalina is an odd port. Only 26 miles (as the song goes) from the coast and in the same county as Long Beach. You can even get the Catalina Express from Long Beach. How many ports can be like that?

So if you leave from Long Beach, on a different ship, would that be in violation of the PSVA? It could be argued that it isn't.

I hope it's been found.

I haven't read all the posts so maybe my brainstorm for finding lost objects has been mentioned. I have much experience with losing things. I noticed when I'm looking for something I usually find several things I misplaced before. Hmmm. So next time I lose something I'm gonna look for something else. Has anyone tried this?

One thing I've never figured out: how come you have a button on your car keys to blow the horn on the car so you can find it. But you really need a button on your car to blow a horn on your keys. Even I've never lost something as big as a car. For long anyway. I just wait 'til everyone else goes home.

Wow!

Good Thinking!

You really have to be kidding! It's not like they are going to hijack the ship. Just a little harmless act to get around a minor mishap!

Each time I come back to read post, I almost hold my breath as I go thruthe posts hoping that the OP comes back to say 'I found it!' But sadly not. There have been excellent suggestions though in helping find it.

Thinking of someone else that would have a copy of it is a great idea - like daycare, church for baptism or doctor's office.

And the social media suggestion was a really good one. Small world sometimes. Example, a guy from Canada we met 2 years ago on the Valor posted today that he just boarded the Magic in Barcelona. Our closest friends are also on that sailing that live just a few miles from us in Louisiana. Canada, Louisiana, Barcelona.... small, small world.

I've thought about the OP all day. I also realized that getting on the ship was not as much of the issue as getting back into the country after the cruise. Shoot, if they do get on, she'll need a gallon of alcohol to calm down!

Anxiously waiting to here an update tomorrow.

Kathy

Meet the ship in catalina. Be ready to take off as soon as the office opens. I wouldn't think it would be illegal since it is US, and thus you are still going to Mexico. Best of luck- this is one stress you didn't need. Was she born in a local hospital? They may be able to do something for you. Call the hospital and see what they can do by FAX- and then call Carnival. Do you have her SS card?

We had one guy in our party that filled out the FunPass and listed his passport info on it. We flew from the west coast to the east cost and stayed prenight. When we got to the cruise pier before getting in line to board he realized he had left his passport home in his safe. He thought he could give them his police ID and that would be ok to get on the ship - well it would be - but it wouldnt be good enough to get him back into the country. He talked to the lady that takes your info when you sign in - found out since he did fill out the funpass with the passport numbers he could be verified but still needed a bith certificate to get back into the country. But... in this case a copy would do so he got his son back in AZ to go to his house and get his bith certificate - fax it to the ship - and he was good to go and return back to the US afterwards. We all held our breath on that one.

Archived