Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

I stumbled on this thread and have been cheering for this family. It sounds like you're on a path to resolution. Happy sailing! I've already checked to see if my passport is in the same drawer where I last left it.

I just checked ours because of this post. Haven't made it to the end yet so the suspense is building......Hope they found it!

So good to learn of the happy ending and that she & her family were able to board together.

14 pages in a couple days! We all are a bunch of cruise junkies aren't we? :D

Nothing gets us riled up like the possibility of missing out on the desperately needed cruise.

Whew that was a nail bitter! So who else besides me checked to make sure they had their BC or passports "just in case"! LOL And yes it is right with all my cruise documentation safely in my file cabinet in my home office! :) We have 25 more days until we sail but ya just never know!

I've been a member since 2007 and really haven't participated that much until we booked our upcoming cruise several weeks ago. I started noticing that no matter what the topic was about there seemed to be contention every time, until this thread, I thought. I was reading and was proud that everyone was pulling for this family. I made it through 3 pages of positive comments, suggestions, and prayers. It brought memories of how everyone used to pull together and helped their neighbors. I especially enjoyed the Facebook idea about posting and sharing in attempts to find a worker in that office through the social media. I actually know of several counties where this would have worked and the people would have come in during their holiday weekend to help. Shoot, I know counties where you pick up the phone and call that person because everyone knows each other.

Well anyway, then it happened. A very few people made comments that others didn’t like and then feelings were hurt and the lashing out at each other started. But on the bright side, people did pull together during the crisis period. Thank you all for bring found memories to this old man's heart of is pulling together for the good of someone else.

And Remember!

We're Goin Cruisin, We're Goin Cruisin

Maybe we'll see you there!

From John Heald's Facebook page:

remember Myra Jo M****** who lost her daughters birth certificate - well she was able to board and is now having fun on her cruise. Night night

That is great news, I hope she will post a review when she gets back.

Way to Go! I'm glad it worked out for them. My $.02 worth to all is to check between the sides of the recliner. My drivers lic & debit card suddently disappeared, they had been missing for 3 days, after searching pants/car/work uniform dresser/dining rm table I remembered the cell phone that was MIA for 3 mths finally showed its face when chair was moved to hang a picture, that same chair ate my lic & debit card.

One thing I think we can all agree on, if she hadn't come here for advice, she would not be on the ship right now.

Don't know if her successful action was directly attributed to this thread but the positive comments sure kept her spirits up and not quit so quickly.

I've been a member since 2007 and really haven't participated that much until we booked our upcoming cruise several weeks ago. I started noticing that no matter what the topic was about there seemed to be contention every time, until this thread, I thought. I was reading and was proud that everyone was pulling for this family. I made it through 3 pages of positive comments, suggestions, and prayers. It brought memories of how everyone used to pull together and helped their neighbors. I especially enjoyed the Facebook idea about posting and sharing in attempts to find a worker in that office through the social media. I actually know of several counties where this would have worked and the people would have come in during their holiday weekend to help. Shoot, I know counties where you pick up the phone and call that person because everyone knows each other.

Well anyway, then it happened. A very few people made comments that others didn’t like and then feelings were hurt and the lashing out at each other started. But on the bright side, people did pull together during the crisis period. Thank you all for bring found memories to this old man's heart of is pulling together for the good of someone else.

And Remember!

We're Goin Cruisin, We're Goin Cruisin

Maybe we'll see you there!

I'm so happy for them. This could have been me or someone I know and love. No matter how careful we are, busy schedules and stressful lives can exact a toll on the most organized among us. We've all learned something, and for me it was to not only check my documents, but also to acknowledge that a group of strangers with a common interest can be a powerful force for good.

Well done!

Soo happy to hear they found what they needed to go!! Been checking each time I could to see if we heard anything. Prayers and Good Wishes to them for a great cruise!!

Funny story -- my sister and I cruise together, last one was in April of this year. Night before, I'm all packed, getting everything finished and go for the passport (I knew it was in my jewelry box!) - fast forward a couple hours ~~~ I've been through every possible place in the house, I have husband & son looking too! We are to the point where we are looking in places that it could not possibly be....the freezer, the basement, sugar canister, etc. Finally, I had to call my sister, dreading it every minute........sweat on my brow......tears in my eyes......lo and behold, I left it with her in "our" travel document case! I have never been so happy in my life, and I sure did sleep good that night! :D

I sure hope this tale has a happy ending -- I am feeliing pain in my heart for the OP!!

After OP finds the birth certificate and is safely on her way, could those of you with the great suggestions help me with something? Right after the Loma Prieta earthquake in '89 I put a $1,000 savings bond somewhere safe so that no one would find it in case we had raiding. I thought it was in a book, but 22 years and two moves later, I still can't find it :mad:. Suggestions are welcome!

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so someone may have already mentioned this, but you can get lost savings bonds reissued. I had to do it for my aunt's estate. You don't have to have the bond numbers. Search for it on the official US savings bonds website.

Archived