Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

Update... We are getting an Affidavit of Birth from US Customs. Everything should go smoothly (knock on wood).

I'll try to update here tomorrow through the phone. If not, check John Heald's page on FB. I'll def do an update there as he's trying to help if needed.

3.gif

Keeping fingers and toes crossed till we hear you are safely aboard, children in tow and DoD in hand. :cool:

Oh yes, passports for the kids are the next step.

Update... We are getting an Affidavit of Birth from US Customs. Everything should go smoothly (knock on wood).

I'll try to update here tomorrow through the phone. If not, check John Heald's page on FB. I'll def do an update there as he's trying to help if needed.

Crossing fingers for you!

Keeping my fingers crossed it all works out for you and your family and will be on your cruise having fun in a few hours.

I admit to overkill. I keep our passports seperate from our birth certificates in my office at home and also have an extra copy of our birth certificates and a photo copy of our passports in my bank safety deposit box. My son can get into the safety deposit box if necessary. I always make a point to keep my passport in my "cruising/travel" folder and putting it back in it's place is always the first thing I do when we return from a cruise/vacation.

Oh, I really hope the OP got it worked out and they are able to have a fun family trip!

We cruise in 5 weeks and I just went and double-checked the location of our passports and checked the expiration dates to be sure we're good there. I put them in the travel wallet and locked everything back up safe. Now I just have to grab and go when it's time. :D

If nothing else this thread probably helped a lot of other people and saved them some panic. Not that that helps the OP at all. :(

This attitude is part of what is wrong with this country. It is a holiday weekend for goodness sakes. These people deserve a day off, and if they are stupid enough to go in and work on a national holiday then they don't deserve to be reelected.

This is what's wrong with the country???? Asking an elected official for help on a vational holiday???

Let's make sure I get this right. Asking an elected official for help is a bad thing....Sorry...I don't think I understand....

As long as the child doesn't have the shape of a bottle of liqour it might just work;).

hehehe

We once tried our teenager daughter out in a zip-up suitcase we called "BIG RED" and she fit perfectly! Picking the suitcase up off the floor proved to be a little difficult. :eek:

sure. Don't we all have their personal day off numbers to get in touch

Luckily, we do. ;) However, it would not be difficult to get the number. Just find someone that might know someone else, who knows someone else, that knows the number. :D

First off I hope the OP gets this worked out and is able to go on the cruise.

Also I wish to mention that as a former elected official (small town Mayor) I pretty much know everyone in town, some I have no use for but many times during my tenure I was asked to help someone with a problem on holidays and at times it interrrupted family time but I always helped when I could whether I liked this person or not because I felt it was the right thing to do.

Hoping to hear soon that they are ALL on board and all is well!! ;)

For sure!

for the future, for someone who finds themselves in a similar situation...

I am a notary in the province where I live because of my profession. A friend needed to fly on short notice from Newfoundland to Ontario due to a death in the family, and had had her wallet lost/stolen with all of her ID the day before. Of course, as it always is, it was on a long weekend. I brought her to the police station and we filed a report, and she was fingerprinted and I swore a statement that she was who she said she was, They verified her details that were in the Motor Vehicle Registration system, and they gave her a letter countersigned by myself and a court clerk or registrar stating that her information was lost, but she is who she says she is, and I and the clerk notorized the photos. Some nice Sergeant gave his cell phone number for the airlines to call anytime to verify. A lot of work, and a LOT of funny looks later, she safely got to Ontario and I had her replacement cards couriered up :)

I went and checked my passports because of this post.......and we don't leave until January 2012. But this situation made me nervous. (They were all there. But they did make me think because I opened the packet I keep them in and I thought, "Why are there four?" I had forgotten we had to renew our daughters in July 2011 because her passport was for a child and her time had expired. This time she was 18 and got a 10 year passport. I HAVE to make sure I bring the correct passport for her in January....:eek:)

I'm hoping no news is good news from the OP.

Tracked down their post on FB.

I spent the AM getting a birth certificate type form from the Dept of State notarized. I suspect we'll be okay. Will update. Leaving for the port now. With kids that means in 30 minutes.

That was about an hour ago, hopefully everything is fine!

I hope original OP is now on board for their family cruise.

We are sailing next March so plenty of time, just wondering-my DS girlfriends passport expires in May 2012--two months after cruise. I read somewhere about it not expiring within six months of cruise--or is that mostly for non-us citizens? We are sailing from San Juan. I am going to try to get her to apply for a renewal passport though.

I sure hope this tale has a happy ending -- I am feeliing pain in my heart for the OP!!

After OP finds the birth certificate and is safely on her way, could those of you with the great suggestions help me with something? Right after the Loma Prieta earthquake in '89 I put a $1,000 savings bond somewhere safe so that no one would find it in case we had raiding. I thought it was in a book, but 22 years and two moves later, I still can't find it :mad:. Suggestions are welcome!

Do you have any hidden compartments in your jewelry box??

Archived