Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

Haven't read all the replies, so don't know if anyone mentioned checking the trash. Have thrown things away a few times when the thing I meant to trash was safely filed/tucked away. Good luck!

I could not find my drivers liscense and a credit card and I found it in the last place I looked - outside in the trash.

That's why I was thinking it would be illegal because when you get on at Catalina it changes the cruise from a round trip from Long Beach to a cruise from Catalina to Long Beach which according to the PSVA you would have to pay a fine of $300pp since they would then have to visit a "DISTANT" foreign port and Ensenada wouldn't qualify. AFAIK anyway.

You are correct that if they boarded this cruise in Catalina, it would be a violation of the PVSA, and they could possibly be subject to a $300 per person fine. Hopefully this is moot and they are onboard the ship now and finally able to relax and enjoy their vacation.

You are correct that if they boarded this cruise in Catalina, it would be a violation of the PVSA, and they could possibly be subject to a $300 per person fine. Hopefully this is moot and they are onboard the ship now and finally able to relax and enjoy their vacation.

So all of those who didn't board in SanJuan as scheduled but rather in Barbados could be fined because it wasn't a closed loop cruise?

So all of those who didn't board in SanJuan as scheduled but rather in Barbados could be fined because it wasn't a closed loop cruise?

Those passengers arent board and disembarking in two different us ports.

Plus Puerto Rico is exempt.

From Carnival FAQ

Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act)

Federal Law prohibits ships on Non-U.S. registry from embarking and debarking guests at two different U.S. ports. or example, you cannot board the ship in New Orleans and then debark in Tampa. Such travel would constitute point-to-point transportation between two U.S. ports, which is prohibited on foreign flagged ships. Any guests who insists on debarking under these circumstances accepts responsibility for any and all resulting penalties.

NOTE: Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas; St. Croix; St. John) are not in the category of U.S. ports under this act.

Nope. In that case it wouldn't be a violation, because it starts in a foreign country - so not a one way cruise between two different US ports.

And just saw that she made it onboard!! WOO-HOO!!!

From John's facebook

M*** J* M***** Thanks all! We made it. Had to do more hospital paperwork. Would someone mind telling to CC crowd? Thanks to John and the entire embarkation team.

Those passengers arent board and disembarking in two different us ports.

Plus Puerto Rico is exempt.

From Carnival FAQ

Jones Act (also known as the Passenger Services Act)

Federal Law prohibits ships on Non-U.S. registry from embarking and debarking guests at two different U.S. ports. or example, you cannot board the ship in New Orleans and then debark in Tampa. Such travel would constitute point-to-point transportation between two U.S. ports, which is prohibited on foreign flagged ships. Any guests who insists on debarking under these circumstances accepts responsibility for any and all resulting penalties.

NOTE: Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Thomas; St. Croix; St. John) are not in the category of U.S. ports under this act.

I could not find my drivers liscense and a credit card and I found it in the last place I looked - outside in the trash.

Not to be a wise arse, but don't you always find something in the last place you look, even if it is the first place you look? Usually you stop looking for something when you find it, so where you found it would be the last place you looked...;)

Not to be a wise arse, but don't you always find something in the last place you look, even if it is the first place you look? Usually you stop looking for something when you find it, so where you found it would be the last place you looked...;)

Ha ha - very wise and true statement!

glad they made it!

Now that they aren't frantically looking for that elusive birth certificate, I'm sure that they will find it as soon as they get back home and open the first drawer!

just put them on ignore. most of this persons post are like the one they posted .

Bill

Good idea, thanks.

glad they made it!

Now that they aren't frantically looking for that elusive birth certificate, I'm sure that they will find it as soon as they get back home and open the first drawer!

Yup! :D

Archived