Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

I've been a member since 2007 and really haven't participated that much until we booked our upcoming cruise several weeks ago. I started noticing that no matter what the topic was about there seemed to be contention every time, until this thread, I thought. I was reading and was proud that everyone was pulling for this family. I made it through 3 pages of positive comments, suggestions, and prayers. It brought memories of how everyone used to pull together and helped their neighbors. I especially enjoyed the Facebook idea about posting and sharing in attempts to find a worker in that office through the social media. I actually know of several counties where this would have worked and the people would have come in during their holiday weekend to help. Shoot, I know counties where you pick up the phone and call that person because everyone knows each other.

Well anyway, then it happened. A very few people made comments that others didn’t like and then feelings were hurt and the lashing out at each other started. But on the bright side, people did pull together during the crisis period. Thank you all for bring found memories to this old man's heart of is pulling together for the good of someone else.

And Remember!

We're Goin Cruisin, We're Goin Cruisin

Maybe we'll see you there!

I don't normally post a whole quote, but this was very valuable and I thank you for posting. I totally agree with you. Silver

Is it in the printer/scanner? I "lost" 2 credit cards that way:o

I thought I was being so careful on our family (extended family too) cruise in 2008. I scanned and printed out color copies of each passport to have in case of misplacing one on the cruise...cruise day we were heading to the port and for whatever reason I decided to count passports (i was the keeper of all docs) and my daughters was missing! I freaked out...we turned around and searched the house to no avail.

Luckily I had her birth certificate so we grabbed that and headed out...it dawned on me that I left it in the scanner/printer at my office, so I had a runner drive 40 min to meet us. Talk about a rocky start to a cruise.

I have to echo just about everything jackjoy1 had to say.This thread was so genuine - people wanting to help in whatever way they could.

I am so glad this family made the ship and can't wait till she gets back and tells us the happy ending details!

I have to agree with this one as well. I've been lurking on this board for a long time and usually hesitate to post because of some of the uncalled-for negative responses. But almost all of the replies were helpful and caring and reflective of the genuine spirit of this board. And I love, of course, the happy ending. Hope they're having a wonderful time!

So glad they could board. Was on pins & needles hoping for the best. Makes you appriceiate this site so much and also the assistance John H and Carnival provided. None of us want to see anybody miss out on something we all hold so dear!

CRUISING VACATION!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I totally feel like opening a beer and toasting to OP's happy ending! Who's with me?? :-)

I am only going to be a wine sipping alternated with ice tea..LOL doing bills....I got as far back as the op posting about work with the hospital...YEAH..and the J H quote...so glad there are more supporters than judgers here:):),,,,

OP congrats and give us all the details including how you got the paperwork and new friends are very very very happy for you..this could have been anyone...and boy did I recheck where my passport was and the due date..hope I use it a few times before then and pray the Med is part of the plan LOL...sarah

I totally got consumed reading this thread this evening. Read every page missed Chopped Champions episode but 16 pages later I'm glad they made it onto the ship. Like someone else mentioned a total nail biter.

Now I'm mad because I really wasn't online this weekend, just hit and miss and I missed the saga unfolding. LOL!!! :D I feel like I wasnt there for the family in time of need. LOL!! Not like I could do anything but for moral support.

One thing I have to say, Welcome aboard HUNEYMOONERZ family, Welcome aboard. (In your best Extreme Makeover voice.)

Please pull out the drawer completely. I was looking for something once, and I had so much junk in the drawers that the document ended up in the back of the drawer, and the only way to get to it was to pull the drawer completely out, and it was butted up against the back panel, its possible if it was in a nightstand that it might have fallen to the drawer below, that has happened to me as well.

I get a three ring binder...and tab pages...and I have a black zip lock bag that I've used for passports/birth certificates in the very front. It fits on two of the binder tabs.

The other tabs I include luggage tages, boarding passes, ports of call, ship layouts, contract, lodging pre-cruise and other miscellaneous sections.

It works GREAT and keeps everything neatly organized in one place. If I'm gonna pay for a trip like this I want all my stuff together at a fingertip notice.

I get a three ring binder...and tab pages...and I have a black zip lock bag that I've used for passports/birth certificates in the very front. It fits on two of the binder tabs.

The other tabs I include luggage tages, boarding passes, ports of call, ship layouts, contract, lodging pre-cruise and other miscellaneous sections.

It works GREAT and keeps everything neatly organized in one place. If I'm gonna pay for a trip like this I want all my stuff together at a fingertip notice.

Sounds like a good system. I have a slash folder and make copies of EVERYTHING! I staple each thing (like pre-cruise, excursions) I might have to get a notebook for each cruise, each retreat, each convention, each group I am a member of and do that, though. Sounds like it works for you.

Please pull out the drawer completely. I was looking for something once, and I had so much junk in the drawers that the document ended up in the back of the drawer, and the only way to get to it was to pull the drawer completely out, and it was butted up against the back panel.

Good tip -- that is where I found the warranty for my washing machine, after hours of searching!

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so someone may have already mentioned this, but you can get lost savings bonds reissued. I had to do it for my aunt's estate. You don't have to have the bond numbers. Search for it on the official US savings bonds website.

Thanks, I'll try this! I tried a few years ago but the website wasn't up to par at that time. Hopefully it's improved by now.

Do you have any hidden compartments in your jewelry box??

That's a good tip, but no. I'm almost sure I put it in a book, but I was so freaked out about the earthquake I can't remember for sure. Unfortunately, I have thousands of books and subsequent to the earthquake I got my husband who also has thousands of books, and various searches through them have come up empty handed.

Archived