Think we just ruined our cruise!

huneymoonerz

She, along with many of us, could just have easily misplaced a passport. :rolleyes:

+1

Exactly! ;)

Whether it's a birth certificate, passport, or passport card, "misplaced" = "misplaced." I don't see how having a lost passport is any better than having a lost birth certificate.

We're all human, and all (but the most perfect) of us have lost something at one time or another. :)

Let me just say "WOW" you guys have given a bunch of great suggestions on where to look for the birth certificate! I hope they find it. There is still time. A couple of years ago there were a couple of older ladies at the port who were behind us and forgot their passports. Someone from Carnival took them away and I thought never to be seen again. Later on the cruise I got on the elevator and there they were. I almost screamed in excitement "how did you get on the ship?" They just shhhused me and said to be quiet. I never did find out how, but they did it and so can you!

Wiz

Oh gosh.........I really hope you find it. You've kinda made me paranoid. I'm gonna have to go look at the place I keep my passport and make sure its still there. :D

My cruise friend is a newbie and told me when we first booked she had only a bc and she didn't want to get a passport. Then she came back and said she couldn't find it. I reminded her monthly to send in for her bc (reminding her also it had to be official with a seal and everything.) and she finally told me she sent off for it last week. We have a little more than a month to go. I think I will have her text me a picture of it when she gets it to make sure its the right type..........can't be too careful with those newbies.:D

Never forget to look in the non so usual places. Heck, look in the bathroom, check under the towels. My mom had a bill once and she couldn't find it. Well, she was putting towels away from the laundry and had walked into the kitchen to put away a kitchen towel and set the towel stack on the counter. Then she pick them up and put them in the closet. The bill went missing and she eventually called and had them send her another one. When we had gone through some towels in the closet.........we found the bill. It had been on the counter and she had set the towels on top of it and it got picked up with the towels and put away. Look everywhere!

Pull out furniture from the walls, pick up blankets and shake them, pull every single stack of paper apart by each piece of paper (paper tends to stick together sometimes, look in photo albums, look between books on shelves. Be like bc CSI. Start in one room in one corner and move inch by inch through any area it could be and then move through the whole house like that.

I sure hope this tale has a happy ending -- I am feeliing pain in my heart for the OP!!

After OP finds the birth certificate and is safely on her way, could those of you with the great suggestions help me with something? Right after the Loma Prieta earthquake in '89 I put a $1,000 savings bond somewhere safe so that no one would find it in case we had raiding. I thought it was in a book, but 22 years and two moves later, I still can't find it :mad:. Suggestions are welcome!

And it doesn't hurt to say a quick prayer to St. Anthony. He works for other faiths too.

Good luck!

My grandmother has also had very good fortune with St. Anthony's help. She has said prayers for family members too and it always tends to pay off.

We also couldn't find our own birth certificates for our cruise, or even passports for that matter, and didn't want to go through the whole hassle of getting new ones. We dug through almost everything in the house where we thought we would have them. After almost giving up we decided to look through each and every item we had around and ended up finding them in a folder buried within a file box. Saved us a ton of time and money. Afterward we realized we used them for some family history research... so think back to what you might have used them for.. a job, school, etc?

Hope OP logs on again before giving up...

Last Christmas we sailed from FLA and met a very distraught woman from Germany.

Being the trusting sort they parked outside the hotel and left the windows down.

Yep, everything gone.

Purses containing a ton of cash and passports.

Poor woman was frantic!

I walked her to the hotel check in desk and relayed what she had told me, asking if he could call Princess's hotline and see what could be done.

Happy ending!

Never got to thank her for the fruit basket, lol!

So.

OP- take a deep breath and call Carnival. They just may have a solution to salvage your cruise.

mimi

At this point I would be calling my county commissioner, state representative, and congressman, to see if they could call a friend in the county to help you out.

I know it's Sunday, but they are the ones that can pull some strings to help you if you can get in contact with one of them.

It's a long shot, but I have seen them go into action before. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Good Luck

And it could have easily as been one of the passports that went missing~ this is not a case where a passport would be better than a BC~

Not in this case, she knows where the Passports are. Apparently, they are kept in some place the OP knows well. For whatever reason, the BC was removed from that place (you would necessarily need a BC for several more reasons than you would need a Passport-so this makes sense). So, it then stands to reason that had the Passport been removed for the daughter it would likely have ended up back with the rest of the Passports rather than wherever the BC is now. This is just as case of "If this, then this".

Not in this case, she knows where the Passports are. Apparently, they are kept in some place the OP knows well. For whatever reason, the BC was removed from that place (you would necessarily need a BC for several more reasons than you would need a Passport-so this makes sense). So, it then stands to reason that had the Passport been removed for the daughter it would likely have ended up back with the rest of the Passports rather than wherever the BC is now. This is just as case of "If this, then this".

Wow I guess there is no talking to you about this as you think that a passport could not be misplaced. So I'm done.

I feel your pain. My mom misplaced her passport the day before our cruise. We turned the house upside down but finally found it. You should have heard our sigh of relief. :eek:

That's what we heard way down here in Louisiana :p. We were wondering where that sigh of relief came from.

OP- Here's the info for the Catalina Express leaving out of Downtown Long Beach.

http://www.catalinaexpress.com/portLongBeach.php

http://www.catalinaexpress.com/scheduleFaresLongBeach.php

Park at the Queen Mary and get a taxi to the Catalina Express dock. The Queen Mary porters can help with that. The Express office at the Queen Mary is only for groups.

Before you go make sure the Paradise is anchored. Sometimes she cannot.

Get some taffy at Lloyds, you deserve it!

Vanessa: That is so true.

Every time one of my four boys had to register for a sport (baseball, basketball, soccer, AAU track,) we had to get out their real BC. I tried to always put the BC back, but I know things can get busy!

Never had to take our passports out to show anyone except when we cruise or went to Europe. We were extra careful to put them back.

I do think it is easier to misplace those BCs.

Still.....prayers for OP to find BC!!!

Wow I guess there is no talking to you about this as you think that a passport could not be misplaced. So I'm done.

Vanessa: That is so true.

Every time one of my four boys had to register for a sport (baseball, basketball, soccer, AAU track,) we had to get out their real BC. I tried to always put the BC back, but I know things can get busy!

Never had to take our passports out to show anyone except when we cruise or went to Europe. We were extra careful to put them back.

I do think it is easier to misplace those BCs.

Still.....prayers for OP to find BC!!!

Case in point, Alliezona.

Ask for help. Say out loud "Saint Anthony, Saint Anthony please come around

**name of person whose birth cert is lost** birth certificate must be found. Say it out loud. Over and over. Then if you get a feeling to look some place do it even if you have looked there before. Have faith. Also call in one person to help look. Only one.

St Anthony has helped me find things many times.

Before our first cruise I lost all of our papers. They were under the bed, had fallen off the pillow at the head of the bed.

Good luck

I sure hope this tale has a happy ending -- I am feeliing pain in my heart for the OP!!

After OP finds the birth certificate and is safely on her way, could those of you with the great suggestions help me with something? Right after the Loma Prieta earthquake in '89 I put a $1,000 savings bond somewhere safe so that no one would find it in case we had raiding. I thought it was in a book, but 22 years and two moves later, I still can't find it :mad:. Suggestions are welcome!

It ran away and quite possibly eloped with my key to my hope chest. My key has been missing about that long. Some day I will break into the chest to see what treasures have been in there for 20+ years that I have long forgotten.

The OP's children are only 1 and 3 years old (read some of her postings). Is it possible then perhaps OP that you placed her birth certificate in her baby book?

Another place to look - the glove compartment if you ever took it in the car - say for getting her shots or something. I lost one of my sons immunization records for several years there - it slipped out the back of the GC and was stuck underneath it. I knew I had put it in the GC - but when I went to bring it in a few days later, it wasn't there. I just assumed I brought it in - and proceeded to misplace it. Well, when it came time to sell the car, I still had this feeling it was there. We unscrewed the GC - and sure enough, there it was along with a couple other tidbits of days gone by.

Archived