Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aqua-Class on Celebrity Equinox

Are there any cabins in the Aqua-Class that will sleep three? In addition, what is the difference in regards to amenities between Concierge and Aqua Class?

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:47 PM
5,000+ Club

All Aqua Class cabins are for double occupancy only (or single, by paying for two passengers). There are no triples in Aqua Class.

Old April 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenr597 View Post
Are there any cabins in the Aqua-Class that will sleep three? In addition, what is the difference in regards to amenities between Concierge and Aqua Class?
No, all the AQ cabins are designed for just 2 people. The difference between CC and AQ is Blu for AQ which is like a specialty restaurant. Also Persian Gardens which is nice, and also water, and tea in the stateroom.

Old April 24th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

The main difference between Aqua and Concierge is Blu, the main dining room for Aqua Class. Blu and Celebrity Aqua Class has spoiled us for life, now thats the only way that we want to cruise anymore.

RCCL Song of Norway-- E. Carib.
NCL Starward-- W. Carib.
NCL S.S. Norway-- E. Carib
NCL S.S. Norway-- W. Carib.
Big Red Boat-- Bahamas
Seawind Crown-- S. Carib.
CCL Paradise-- E. Carib.
NCL Majesty-- Bermuda
NCL Sky-- E. Coast/Canada
NCL Jewel --W Carib.
NCL Pride of Aloha-- Hawaii
RCCL Spendor-- Med.
PCL Golden Princess-- Alaska
HAL Westerdam-- Alaska
NCL Jade-- Med. & Egypt
NCL Star-- Pacific Coast
RCCL Vision--W. Europe Repositioning
Celebrity Equinox--Med. & Transatlantic
HAL Zuiderdam--So. Carib & Panama Canal
Celebrity Equinox--Greek Islands and Turkey
Celebrity Infinity-- British Isles
AMA Prima--Danube Christmas Markets cruise

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Have to agree, after just doing Aqua Class and dining in Blu I think that we will have a tough time going back to the regular dining room. Yes these cabins are for up to 2 people only.

Enchantment of the Seas, Nov. 9-14, 2009
Emerald Princess, Sept. 19-29, 2010
Celebrity Eclipse, April 9-16, 2011
Freedom of the Seas Nov. 13-20, 2011
Celebrity Silhouette April 10-22, 2012
Emerald Princess Nov. 7-17, 2012
Celebrity Silhouette April 14-29, 2013 part 1 of B2B first Transatlantic cruise
Celebrity Silhouette April 29-May11, 2013 part 2 of B2B first mediterranean cruise
Carnival Liberty Sept 28-Oct 5, 2013
Royal Princess March 30-April 6, 2014

Ad Sponsored By
Old April 25th, 2012, 09:13 PM
10,000+ Club

The next new ship Reflection will have Aqua Class Suites, a totally new category. I did a phantom booking and was able to put in three for those suites but who knows in reality what will happen...

Old April 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
The next new ship Reflection will have Aqua Class Suites, a totally new category. I did a phantom booking and was able to put in three for those suites but who knows in reality what will happen...
We're sailing Reflection A1 TA next year and wondering if they are expanding Blu to handle all the additional AQ's and AQ Suites.

Old April 25th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenr597 View Post
You might want to call the cruise line and ask. When I was on Eclipse last month I wanted to go have a look a my future AQ cabin. I spoke to a Cabin Steward and he said that the AQ could accommodate 3 by making up the couch for a third person.

Old April 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM
5,000+ Club

Well, you can always try, but the response is likely to be as reported -- Aqua Class staterooms are double occupancy only. There was a report about a year ago of a family of three booking one, and the hue and cry afterwards was intense. It was apparently a booking error that allowed it to happen.

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:21 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eburg View Post
You might want to call the cruise line and ask. When I was on Eclipse last month I wanted to go have a look a my future AQ cabin. I spoke to a Cabin Steward and he said that the AQ could accommodate 3 by making up the couch for a third person.
Cabin steward is obviously not aware of Celebrity's booking policy. You cannot even book three people into an AQ cabin, computers won't allow it.

The incident stitch wrote about involved a baby and there were some other details that were not clear so who knows what happened in that instance.

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:23 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-O View Post
We're sailing Reflection A1 TA next year and wondering if they are expanding Blu to handle all the additional AQ's and AQ Suites.
Probably will increase the size, they added an extra deck so I would expect they are doing something with the space needed. Remember on any given cruise they can eliminate all the suite passengers from Blu so I don't see it as a problem.

Old April 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
Cabin steward is obviously not aware of Celebrity's booking policy. You cannot even book three people into an AQ cabin, computers won't allow it.

The incident stitch wrote about involved a baby and there were some other details that were not clear so who knows what happened in that instance.
Yeah you're right. I just tried. Too bad. He got my hopes up because I was thinking of bringing my daughter. Oh well she'll just have to wait because I'm dying to try out Blu!!!

Old April 27th, 2012, 09:46 PM
5,000+ Club

Blu was wonderful! Just off Silhouette and loved it. Did miss the large table atmosphere of MDR a little( especially when linked with Cruise Critics from the Roll Call and not just taking a chance on table mates:-), but most nights sat with another Cruise Critic Roll Call couple. Have it booked again on EQ TA but will move back to MDR next March as three couples we are sailing with are booked for MDR too.