Toursaver coupons and Princess lodges

petlady7

Hi

Has anybody used the toursaver coupons for the lodges whilst booking direct with princess cruises , do they accept them without a problem ?

Have only used the Northern Lights coupon but it was accepted for 50% off a 2 night stay - no problem. I don't think you'll have any problem with the Toursaver coupon either :)

Hi

Has anybody used the toursaver coupons for the lodges whilst booking direct with princess cruises , do they accept them without a problem ?

If you saying you want to book the lodging through Princess Cruises, I'm really thinking they wouldn't take the coupon, because Princess Cruises is a different division then the Princess Lodges.

Now, if you call the Princess Lodges themselves, and want to book using the coupons, then I think you'd have no problems.

Again, be warned as someone has said that sometimes vendors will only allow so many coupons per day or such.

Susan in Anchorage :)

We made our reservation by calling the number on the coupon which connects you with reservations at Princess Lodges.

http://www.princesslodges.com/?gclid=CO6k_5zZ9LECFcyA7QodfDkA9Q

Order your Toursaver or Northern Nights book as soon as they are available and then keep in touch with Princess Lodges to find out when they will accept reservations for the following year. Make your reservations as soon as possible! Good luck and enjoy the savings :D

We made our reservation by calling the number on the coupon which connects you with reservations at Princess Lodges.

http://www.princesslodges.com/?gclid=CO6k_5zZ9LECFcyA7QodfDkA9Q

Order your Toursaver or Northern Nights book as soon as they are available and then keep in touch with Princess Lodges to find out when they will accept reservations for the following year. Make your reservations as soon as possible! Good luck and enjoy the savings :D

The 2013 Northern Lights book should be out mid to late October and the Tour Saver book usually come out late October/early November.

Sounds right! I'm sure I ordered mine by mid October. Loved the 2 for 1 deal on the Glacier Cruise out of Whittier too :D

I've been ordering the Northern Lights book since they started. He tries hard to get them out by the time the old one expires, but, the last couple of years, it's been about 7 to 10 days after that.

Thanks for all your posts , we booked with princess cruises UK and it looks like they will not accept them , such a pity as we don't seem to get the same offers and discounts as you do in the States

Thing is, you wouldn't be able to use the Toursaver coupons if you booked your rooms through Princess cruises. You'd have to call the Princess Lodges themselves to book with the coupon. So, even people here in the U.S. that book through the cruise line wouldn't be able to book with the coupons either. You'd have to book those independently to use those coupons.

Thanks for all your posts , we booked with princess cruises UK and it looks like they will not accept them , such a pity as we don't seem to get the same offers and discounts as you do in the States

Are you trying to apply a coupon to lodging within a cruisetour? I can see where that wouldn't be acceptable.

But if you're booking a room independently, why can't you call Princess Lodges just as we would do? as LEtue suggested.

There are other hotels besides Princess with offers in the coupon books. Perhaps they would be easier to work with?

The 2013 Northern Lights book should be out mid to late October and the Tour Saver book usually come out late October/early November.

Where do you order them from & how much do they cost?

Here are the links to the two different companies http://www.alaska-discounts.com/ and http://www.toursaver.com/

Please remember that these websites are current for the 2012 offers, and it will probably be a month or two before the 2013 editions come out!

Both books have a web site. When the 2013 books are available the sites will be updated with the current offerings. For now you can look at what was available in 2012 to get an idea of possible savings.

Google Northern Lights Coupon book and Alaska Toursaver coupon book.

Thanks for all of the great tips. Just planning first cruisetour to Alaska for graduatingson and myself for May/June 2013 so will certainly look into those booklets for savings!

Keep in mind that if you're going to do a cruise tour more than likely the lodging coupons won't work (they would if you'd book independently), but, hopefully, the tours that will be available for the 2013 season will work.

• 2 months later...
We tried to book with Princess Wilderness Lodge using the NLC, and despite coming to Alaska on a Princess Cruise (but doing our our land tour) they would not accept the coupons - couldn't find any dates available for next year where they would use them.

Did you call them and they said they had absolutely not a single date available in 2013 to use the coupon? I can hardly believe that. My guess is you tried online.

Emailed Toursaver this morning and asked if the Princess Lodging 2 for 1 coupon was in Toursaver for 2013. Scott McMurren (from Toursaver) replied very quickly and said "not this year". So I guess we have to look at other properties in the Toursaver or Northern Lights book.

Hope this helps.

Judy

I try not to post until I've had my morning coffee, so I may be coming back to edit this...but I've just checked both coupon book lists of coupons, and I don't see a coupon for the Denali Princess Lodge. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Ah, I see daju22 posted while I was trying to look for the coupons again.

Hi - just to say did call (as well as email and on-line booking) and our TA rang direct and apart from dates in late May, they will not release any rooms (we didn't even mention coupons) until next Spring unless you book a land tour with them. The fact we are cruising with them makes no difference at all. We want to get all our arrangements sorted before the end of this year, so started looking elsewhere.

What annoys us is the fact they never mentioned this in correspondence we have had with them since July - just told us at that time that rooms would not be released until October and to contact them then - which we did and got the above response.

Managed to book at the Grande Denali Lodge using 2 for 1 NLC - wanted to be at the Princess for 'mobility' reasons as we are travelling to and from Denali by coach and train - but hopefully their shuttle bus system will work OK to get us to and from the Park entrance.

Hi - just to say did call (as well as email and on-line booking) and our TA rang direct and apart from dates in late May, they will not release any rooms (we didn't even mention coupons) until next Spring unless you book a land tour with them. The fact we are cruising with them makes no difference at all. We want to get all our arrangements sorted before the end of this year, so started looking elsewhere.

What annoys us is the fact they never mentioned this in correspondence we have had with them since July - just told us at that time that rooms would not be released until October and to contact them then - which we did and got the above response.

Managed to book at the Grande Denali Lodge using 2 for 1 NLC - wanted to be at the Princess for 'mobility' reasons as we are travelling to and from Denali by coach and train - but hopefully their shuttle bus system will work OK to get us to and from the Park entrance.

I just booked 2 rooms for July 2013 on line at the Denali Princess Lodge web site last night. Try the Princess Lodges web site directly and you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks for input. Guess we are unlucky on the nights we want to stay, as the Sunday & Monday end July still saying Not Available.

We appreciate that they need to save a certain number for their own land tour guests - it is the fact that despite correspondence with them prior to October in which we gave them our dates, at no time did they mention to us that certain dates would not be released until 2013.

Will stick with the Grande Denali and hope it will be OK.

Thanks for input. Guess we are unlucky on the nights we want to stay, as the Sunday & Monday end July still saying Not Available.

We appreciate that they need to save a certain number for their own land tour guests - it is the fact that despite correspondence with them prior to October in which we gave them our dates, at no time did they mention to us that certain dates would not be released until 2013.

Will stick with the Grande Denali and hope it will be OK.

IMHO, you will be FAR better off at the Grande Denali than at the Princess lodge. Quieter, great view, good shuttle service.

The Princess lodge can be a zoo with people all over the place all the time, buses and people in and out. And there are parts of the one in Denali that are getting pretty worn out and tired looking. Was shocked how crapped out parts of it looked when we went to pickup friends there in September.

Archived