Best Cruise Directors RCI

boozecruise1

Just returned from Independence of the Seas 8th September (14 nights), I have to say the entertainment was incredible! Our cruise director Joff made the cruise from the first to last minute he gave it 110% and was amusing at every moment. I have cruised 8 times and this was the best Director ever!

Just returned from Independence of the Seas 8th September (14 nights), I have to say the entertainment was incredible! Our cruise director Joff made the cruise from the first to last minute he gave it 110% and was amusing at every moment. I have cruised 8 times and this was the best Director ever!

A good question and I'll enjoy reading some of the answers and people's rationale. On my first cruise Voyager May '06, I barely noticed the CD and can't tell you whom it was. Can anyone? I know it was a male. We were so overwhelmed (in a good way) with everything, we didn't notice. My next cruise Ricky on Majesty did a great job. When we went back on Majesty 3 years later, his act was the exact same and I didn't enjoy him nearly as much. Now I know its probably hard to be new and different every week, but 3 years? Some of your favorites might not be your favorites the 2nd time. I think we had Graham on Freedom and he definitely added his own style to Quest and Love and Marriage. I enjoyed Ken Rush on Allure. Dennis on Jewel was fun. I think anyone who keeps it fun and changes things up would get my vote, but Ricky is my only CD I've seen twice.

When I read the title, my first reaction was Joff Eaton. Although we have enjoyed all of our CD's, Joff was the most entertaining. Most of our previous CD's are no longer with RC.

Kieran Buffrey

Abe Hughes

Mike Hunnerup ( he is still with RC)

Erik Dowes

I don't think the CD makes or breaks the cruise, but I believe a good CD can enhance the experience.

When I read the title, my first reaction was Joff Eaton. Although we have enjoyed all of our CD's, Joff was the most entertaining. Most of our previous CD's are no longer with RC.

Kieran Buffrey

Abe Hughes

Mike Hunnerup ( he is still with RC)

Erik Dowes

I don't think the CD makes or breaks the cruise, but I believe a good CD can enhance the experience.

Well stated.

Richard Spacey... hands down!

I have cruised with him twice, and wishing we could meet up again! Now, it has been a while, but he had more energy and enthusiasm than any other person I've met in my life.

I was so excited to cruise with him on my honeymoon, and was bragging to DH how awesome he is. Unfortunately, he was sick the whole time and just not "himself". Hoping my DH can get the real Spacey experience!

We've only done 1 cruise so far. On Rhapsody of the Seas Nov 2011. Wasnt impressed with the then CD Anna Bass.

We're booked on Voyage of the Seas this coming January and it looks like our CD will be Gordon Whatman. Have heard he's pretty good!

Joff Eaton was a big part of the reason we booked to sail again this year straight after last year's cruise, he really helped make the cruise fun. Unfortunately this year his "straight man" Rob (the Activities Manager) wasn't as much fun as Steve was last year but they still made a fairly good team.

Have only had three:

Spacey on Oasis: The funniest without a doubt. Maybe a tad too much at times.. 8/10

Abel on VOS: Great language skills which was handy with so many international guests (Adriatic cruise). However, shows such as L&M, Belly Jump and the Quest was no way near as good as with Spacey. 6/10

Warren Allen on AOS: I really liked him, specially at the morning shows. Great combination between warm and funny. However as 60-70 % of the ship was spanish with very limited english knowledge he didnt get very much contact with the audience at the shows. Would have loved to have try him out of an american or british port. 7/10

Archived