Rooms smaller on Freedom than Voyager

Hi

I have just been playing around on RC board and noticed the followin interesting fact about D1 cabins the measurements refer to sq feet.

Freedom Voyager Class

D1 188 D1 205 -210 depending on ship

I am quite suprised at this I assumed they would be the same if not bigger

Guest OBAYbee

I found there to be a large discrepancy when you compare the deck plans for FOS and the measurements given by RCCL for these very cabins. They don't match. Not even close. We have 2 owners suites booked on FOS. If you look at the cabin measurements the balcony is smaller then the JS. HOWEVER, looking at the FOS deckplan for the room they are much larger.

Guess we will find out Friday. At least I hope we will.

I have a JS booked on both the Jewel and the Freedom.

The Jewel JS is 293 sq. ft. The Freedom JS is 277 sq. ft. Brand new, absolutely huge ship with a smaller JS than their newest Radiance ship. :rolleyes:

That's disturbing! What does it say about the JS? I know the JS on the Serenade is bigger than the JS on the Mariner.

Guest OBAYbee

I am starting to dread the Friday reveal of FOS.

If the rooms are smaller and they are advertising "more room" because they now a use a flat screen TV and not a regular TV set, I will be disappointed.

Most of the time, for standard balcony cabins, Carnival's are bigger. ;)

on the Carnival ships I have seen, the measurements of the room may have been greater but the furnishings were oversized and filled the room to the extent that there was little space to move around. :(

• 2 months later...

The room might be smaller in sq feet but RCCL has made more space in the rooms so you might have a junoir suite on one ship thats bigger but on the freedom it will probably be the same size

RCCL explorer ot seas 3/01

RCCL brilliance 7/1/04

RCCL adventure 6/26/05

RccL freedom 6/25/06

Most of the time, for standard balcony cabins, Carnival's are bigger. ;)

On the conquest their Deluxe balcony is 185.On Victory and Liberty,their 8e highest balcony sans suites,also 185...This is equal to a E1 on Mariner and other Voyager class ships...D1s are 211..(close)

Even on Rhapsody,the D1 is 184...

So I don't see how they are bigger.

They do have 1 Cat...can't remember if it is an inside or OV..that is huge system wide...(for this cat)...But they are not larger across the board.And they have much fewer balconies.

Royal Caribbean currently list the cabin dimensions as:

Mariner and Navigator

Royal Suite - 1,325 sq ft - balcony 248 sq ft

Owner's Suite - 618 sq ft - balcony 131 sq ft

Grand Suite - 390 sq ft - balcony 80 sq ft

JS - 299 sq ft - balcony 65 sq ft

D1 - 206 sq ft - balcony 42 sq ft

Voyager, Explorer, Adventure and Freedom

Royal Suite - 1,188 sq ft - balcony 170 sq ft

Owners Suite - 506 sq ft - balcony 64 sq ft

Grand Suite - 381 sq ft - balcony 95 sq ft

JS - 277 sq ft - balcony 69 sq ft

D1 - 202 sq ft - balcony 50 sq ft (on Freedom 188 sq ft - balcony 50 sq ft)

I emailed RCI and asked if the cabins would be smaller on the Freedom and this is part of the response I received:

"...The first 3 vessels, VY, EX, AD are all the same. Next came NV and MA, which are larger. Freedom staterooms and suites are identical to the larger versions of NV and MA. They are not smaller. Plus, the Freedom stateroom balconies are significantly larger than NV and MA. Further, the Presidential suite should be of particular interest to families. It is unprecedented, with an enormous balcony area for open air parties."

Have a Great Day!

Marta I. Barrios

Executive Assistant to Adam M. Goldstein

President

Royal Caribbean International

FREEDOM IS … A FAMILY AFFAIR

Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas Offers

Expanded Family Stateroom Options and Activities for All

MIAMI, May 5, 2005 – Royal Caribbean International is giving families more opportunities to play together and stay together while cruising the Caribbean. The line’s newest ship, Freedom of the Seas, will offer six different family-focused stateroom categories specially designed to accommodate larger families and groups of friends.

“The new stateroom categories on Freedom of the Seas give guests the ability to spend downtime together comfortably between onboard activities and shoreside adventures,” said Richard D. Fain, Royal Caribbean Chairman and CEO. “We’re introducing several new configurations, giving guests the freedom to choose from different stateroom sizes and price ranges.”

The biggest addition will be the 14-person Presidential Suite, the largest stateroom the line has offered to date, with 1,215 square feet of interior space and an 810-square-foot outdoor living area. The oversized suite will have dual entryways as well as two master bedrooms, sleeping two people each, with 30-inch, flat-panel televisions and en suite bathrooms with bathtubs. Two additional bedrooms will accommodate four people each, with convertible twin/queen beds and two Pullmans. Both of these rooms will feature a 23-inch, flat-panel television, which also will be found in all staterooms shipwide.

The common area will include two additional bathrooms with showers, a spacious living room with a sectional sofa that sleeps two, a card/dining table and an extensive entertainment center, including a 42-inch, plasma TV. Suite guests will be tempted to spend all their time outdoors on the spacious balcony equipped with a whirlpool, wet bar, eight lounge chairs and a 14-person table for dining al fresco.

(more)

Freedom is … A Family Affair – Page 2

Freedom of the Seas will offer five additional types of extended family accommodations over and above the standard triples and quads. Each category includes twin beds, convertible to a queen bed, as well as additional bunks to accommodate the whole family. Guests can choose from:

Four eight-person Royal Family Suites, each with two bedrooms, including a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom with bathtub, a second bathroom with shower, and a living area with a sectional sofa and an entertainment center with a 30-inch, flat-panel TV. Royal Family Suite balconies include four lounge chairs and an al fresco dining table for eight. Each of the four suites can be expanded to accommodate 10 people via a connecting door to a neighboring stateroom. (600 sq. ft. with a 270 sq. ft. balcony)

One six-person Accessible Family Stateroom with balcony, featuring a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa, an accessible bathroom and shower, and accessible closets. (400 sq. ft. with a 120 sq. ft. balcony)

Eight six-person Family Oceanview Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa and two or more windows. (Up to 495 sq. ft.)

Four six-person Promenade Family Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove with bunk beds, sleeper sofa, walk-in closet and bathtub. These suites also have two windows, each with a window seat, overlooking the Royal Promenade. (335 sq. ft.)

Two six-person Inside Family Staterooms, each with a curtained-off sleeping alcove, sleeper sofa and walk-in closet. (330 sq. ft.)

Dotsie

I am starting to dread the Friday reveal of FOS.

If the rooms are smaller and they are advertising "more room" because they now a use a flat screen TV and not a regular TV set, I will be disappointed.

I'm curious too, what does Friday bring and where are they bringing it too?

I think the "Friday" they are referring to was back in May. That's when the message was posted. I could be wrong, but that was the only "Friday" I saw referenced (in May).

Archived