Passenger evacuated from cruise ship

I just had an E mail with sad news re this incident.. The people (husband and wife) involved are friends of mine from Batemans Bay.

Unfortunately, the lady evacuated, passed away at the hospital.

The couple had done many cruises around the world.

RIP Y.

(RKMW on CC - Bob and Kay from Cootamundra, whom I know, are on board, we might get something from them on here.)

I just had an E mail with sad news re this incident.. The people (husband and wife) involved are friends of mine from Batemans Bay.

RIP Y.

(RKMW on CC - Bob and Kay from Cootamundra, whom I know, are on board, we might get something from them on here.)

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

RIP Y.

I am so sorry to hear that. I had hoped that the passenger was OK. It must be very traumatic for all concerned. The Navy did a wonderful job in evacuating her in difficult circumstances by the sound of it; very sad that it turned out the way it has. Sorry to hear as well that you know the people concerned - it is always a shock.

RIP Y.

Les, yes we are onboard but we have not been told anything, i have read it on here

we are still having a good time and arrive in Adelaide tomorrow about 8am, the seas have been ok and not rough

Going by posts on Royal Caribbean's facebook page it looks like it wasn't just the Sea Princess that had a helicopter medical emergency yesterday. Apparently the Voyager also had a similar issue. The Voyager emergency was a broken leg so I am guessing that the ABC have been getting mixed information.

Also sorry for the loss of a friend.

Going by posts on Royal Caribbean's facebook page it looks like it wasn't just the Sea Princess that had a helicopter medical emergency yesterday. Apparently the Voyager also had a similar issue. The Voyager emergency was a broken leg so I am guessing that the ABC have been getting mixed information.

That will explain why the story on the ABC is incorrect - though they seem to have really got it mixed up. Doesn't look good for the country's premier news service.

Archived