Will RCI pay for a hotel in between B2B cruises?

Cruzin-K

I'm sure I've read this on CC somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

Will RCI pay for one night in a hotel in between consecutive cruises? I'm sailing on the Jewel next Jan arriving back in San Juan on Saturday, then I'll fly up to FLL and board the Allure the next day.

If Royal will pay for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, who would I call to arrange this? I know it's early and won't be making arrangements until around final payment date but I figure it's never to early to start planning :D

I'm sure I've read this on CC somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

Will RCI pay for one night in a hotel in between consecutive cruises? I'm sailing on the Jewel next Jan arriving back in San Juan on Saturday, then I'll fly up to FLL and board the Allure the next day.

If Royal will pay for a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, who would I call to arrange this? I know it's early and won't be making arrangements until around final payment date but I figure it's never to early to start planning :D

Yes they will. If you booked through a TA, then they can find out for you. If you booked direct, call RCI Reservations and ask for the B2B desk.

Yes they will. If you booked through a TA, then they can find out for you. If you booked direct, call RCI Reservations and ask for the B2B desk.

Therein lies the problem. LOL. I booked with two different TA's. The first cruise is with my regular awesome TA and the second is with an online discount cruise outlet well known on CC. The online TA was offering an AWESOME package of OBC and other freebies that was too good to pass up.

I don't want to call my regular TA because then she'll know that I cheated on her :o I guess I can try calling the other one but I didn't get the impression that they'll make any extra effort to help me w this since I didn't book cruise no. 1 with them.

I wonder if calling the B2B (or C&A) desk would work :confused:

Edited by Cruzin-K

Either a travel agent or Royal agent can make arrangements for a hotel room for a night between cruises. That being said we have the same situation in Fort Lauderdale coming up and have been assigned a hotel with very conflicting user reviews so we are debating using it.

Hmm, interesting, I'm doing 3 cruises with Royal in August.

A cruise/tour in Alaska Sourthbound then spend a week in Vancouver until we can pick the ship up again to do the B2B which is Vancouver to Honolulu, followed by the trans Pacific Honolulu to Sydney, 39 days all up with Royal.

I wonder if Royal would like to repay my loyalty (5 cruises with them in 18mths) by paying for my hotel for the 7 nights in Vancouver!? :p:D

Dream on....., unfortunately not even any OBC for any of them either as had to book on land prior to any WOW sale a few months back & before my recent NZ cruise to secure cabins as the cruises were selling out fast.

Timing is everything I guess & mine sucked this time round.:rolleyes:

Fingers crossed a C&A voucher will be offered for at least one of them in the next 2 quarters. :)

Anyone ever get any OBC or other freebies for booking 3 or more decent length B2B (almost) cruises at once?

Therein lies the problem. LOL. I booked with two different TA's. The first cruise is with my regular awesome TA and the second is with an online discount cruise outlet well known on CC. The online TA was offering an AWESOME package of OBC and other freebies that was too good to pass up.

I don't want to call my regular TA because then she'll know that I cheated on her :o I guess I can try calling the other one but I didn't get the impression that they'll make any extra effort to help me w this since I didn't book cruise no. 1 with them.

I wonder if calling the B2B (or C&A) desk would work :confused:

If the online TA had that awesome of a deal, then maybe you can just suck it up and pay for a hotel in FLL for less than $100. That's what we found. After debarkation, it was cheaper for us to stay one more night including a night's stay in FLL at a hotel than to fly out that day. There are many no frills hotels in the area. If you still come up ahead then why not? I mean if not confessing to your current TA is that big a deal to you.

In 2011 we sailed on the Majesty out of Miami. At the end of that cruise we had 1 nite in between our 7 nite cruise on the Oasis. We had to get our own transportation up to Fort Lauderdale. RCCL booked us into the Hilton Marina in F ort Lauderdale and provided us with transportation to the ship the following day. We decides to take a cab to the ship instead of waiting for the ship's shuttle. We were near shops and restaurants. Very nice hotel

• 4 years later...

Do they still do this? I tried to find some newer information but couldn't find anything. We booked a 4 night cruise on Enchantment from Miami and 7 nights on Harmony from Fort Lauderdale, one night in between. Does RCI really pay for the hotel (and transportation)?

Sounds almost too good to be true :)

Do they still do this? I tried to find some newer information but couldn't find anything. We booked a 4 night cruise on Enchantment from Miami and 7 nights on Harmony from Fort Lauderdale, one night in between. Does RCI really pay for the hotel (and transportation)?

Sounds almost too good to be true :)

RC stopped paying for hotels between back to back cruises some years ago.

RC stopped paying for hotels between back to back cruises some years ago.
RCI paid for our Jan 2013 hotel during a one-open-night side-by-side. Within a few months (ie Spring 2013) RCI announced they were discontinuing this - they honored reservations already made, but did not pay for hotels for any new one-open-night side-by-sides.

This is one of the many cruise benefits which have been taken away over the years.Several years ago on our first Caribbean cruise on Crown Princess at the end of the cruise we were taken to a fantastic hotel for the day in San Juan with full use of facilities before being taken to the airport. Now the cruise lines want you out of the way ASAP at the end of your cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app