Tour for seeing Ludwig's castles / Bavaria as day trip from Munich?

Before our cruise to Venice, my wife and I will be in Munich. We arrive around 11am into Munich, have some time to do whatever in Munich, stay the night, then have a full day the next day before we take an overnight train to Venice (around 11:30pm at night).

Although it would be efficient, I'm not a fan of renting a car outside the U.S. So we're looking for tour recommendations to see Ludwig's castles as one very long day trip. Again, the long hours aren't a probem because our train doesn't leave till 11:30pm or so at night. And our luggage would just be sitting as checked baggage at our hotel since we check-out that morning. So we'd need to be otherwise occupied anyway. Would consider trains to the castles, but it seems convoluted--train to bus to castle. I guess we could take the very earliest train to Fuessen, then hop a bus, then do the walk. But even then, to get to see some other places than Neuschwanstein and castle across from it (Schloss Linderhoff and maybe the village of Mittenwald), but I don't know that we'd have time for that without our own transport or as being part of a tour.

What would folks suggest for tour companies?

We don't want any tours that include shopping. Just castles, history, and nature.

Also wondering what we could shoe-horn in, in that first day we arrive into Munich. It would be great to take a train to a place like Garmisch and take the tram up the Zugspitze so we have some sort of Alpine village adventure, however short. Seems like taking the train to Salzburg might also be possible--not too far away and looks beautiful. Yes, Salzburg, the old city center one, not the region, is a city. But it's got a gorgeous backdrop and looks very small and easily walkable once you get there.

Munich, I've heard, apart from the Marianplatz and some very nice Bier Gardens, is "just a regular German city."--nothing super special for tourists. No offense to any Munich residents reading, but to put it in context, we're also not huge fans of cities in general. We decided to fly into Munich for easy access to Bavaria. Not so much into museums, but very much into castles, mountains / short hikes, and quaint alpine villages.

Don't want to run ourselves too ragged. But wondering what folks would recommend as shorter half-day drips from Munich.

It's too bad that, on the night train from Munich to Venice, we'll miss all the alpine scenery in-between. But it is what it is the way we've structured things. King Ludwig's castles are a must. And some sort of alpine summit adventure would be second on the list of Must Dos.

Do any tour companies do half-day excursions out of Munich that leave at noon or early afternoon that we should consider? We're typically independent travelers who like to do things ourselves. But the time windows are so short that we're willing to do the tour bus thing. And we very much dislike being in crowds--in a tour group, you *are* the crowd. :-( But again, we've got time constraints.

I suppose one other option might be, after arriving at the Munich airport, would be to cancel our Munich hotel reservation and stay some place in Fuessen. So we could get a super early start and head for the castles. But I don't know any good hotels in Fuessen, it's getting close to our trip, and connections to / from Fuessen, apart from directly back to Munich (where we would catch our night train), don't seem so convenient. Would love to hear what folks think of the options open to us. The goal here really is not Munich at all--but to see a small bit of Bavaria. We know it would just be a brief intro. So should we really be basing ourselves in Fuessen itself, then take the train back in the late afternoon to Munich to see a small bit of it, like the Marianplatz, before our late, late night train to Venice? Getting very close to our departure date.

It's been many many years since we've been to Fuessen, Munich, Salzburg,etc and we did it on our own. This is a lovely part of Germany and Austria. I dont think you will have time to anything outside of Munich the day you arrive. While I would normally recommend driving a car, you are on such a tight schedule I think it best for you to take a tour the has more guaranteed timing. Here is a company I've seen recommended on Tripadvisor: http://www.stadtrundfahrten-muenchen.de/en/day_trips/angebot/neuschwanstein-1/

While we are not fans of big cities either, we love Munich. My DH loves technology so is a fan of the Deutche Museum. The English Gardens are a nice place to stroll, etc. However, the castles and mountains are special. I only wish you had more time.

You many also want to check www.viator.com. Tour from Munich does make for a long day - 10.5 hours. Not sure if this will work for you.

We toured Bavaria 3 years ago by car. Luckily, we have a friend who lives in a small town outside of Munich, who was our travel guide. Beautiful part of Germany.

I was stationed in Germany during my years in the service and spent many a happy day in Munich. Just a wonderful place to party and have fun.

'Mad' Ludwig's castle is a site everyone should see. The model for the castle in Disneyland, it is truly amazing. I believe he has several others dotting about in Bavaria.

We have also been to Garmisch and the Zugspitze, truly amazing places. If I am not mistaken you can walk across the border from Germany to Austria atop the mountains.

Don't know if you are interested but a short ride from Munich is the Dachau Concentration Camp. If you have never been to something like this, it is well worth the time to visit. IMVHO everyone should visit something like this, just to be reminded of what really happened back then.

I'm not sure how far the village of Oberammergau is from Munich, but here is where they hold the original Passion Play, once every 10 years. Just a magnificent, charming village right in the heart of Bavaria and it is everything you would picture a German village to be like. http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS527US527&q=oberammergau&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x479dab099e172f7f:0xb3a682a0f0a67535,Oberammergau,+Germany&gl=us&sa=X&ei=H4hpUaP7HPOn4AOmx4DQDA&ved=0CKQBELYD

Cheers

Len

@SoBay, thanks. Wish we had more time too, but it is what it is. I'm fine with an intro, however brief, to Bavaria. To see if I'm enchanted enough to want to return for a longer stay. Glad you've enjoyed Munich and that it definitely has good things to offer. But it really wasn't a priority for us--just the closest airport to Bavaria. Castles and mountains are a priority. You may ultimately be right about not being able to do much after arriving in Munich. But I feel it's due diligence to see, since who knows when I'll be back. Lots of other regions on the globe I've yet to see.

@Stelladoro, thanks and no problem for a 10.5 hour tour. That may be the best option open to us given time constraints and not wanting to rent a car. Also best if we keep our overnight hotel reservation in Munich versus taking a train directly from the Munich airport to Fuessen or some other easily accessible by train village in Bavaria.

@Giantfan, Cool on the cross-border summit step cross at the Zugspitze. I believe you're correct that you can walk over to Austria. Maybe we can take the train to Garmisch on the day we fly into Munich (we arrive around 10am in the morning) then take a late train back to Munich. I believe I've read, or been told, that Garmisch is very walkable. No bus or additional transport required--except for the tram to the summit. :-) May be more doable than a half day trip to Salzburg? Not sure. Have also heard about Oberammergau. But also Mittenwald. Wonder which has more charm. Or more importantly for us, which is more easily accessible via public transportation given our time constraints and not wanting or having a rental car.

@Scuba, thanks but will have to pass on Dachau. Wife explicitly says no. We've both been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC. Deeply moving and intense. Probably too much so. The real thing, well I can only imagine.

@CruiserBruce--thanks, will have to do that check on all the historical places we plan to visit.

Mikeerdas we're sorry if there is any confusion on our part but we did not suggest Dachau. The photos are Neuschwanstein and Salzburg. The link shows all of the Radius tours. The day trip to Neuschwanstein is 9 hours and this is the specific link.

http://www.radiustours.com/index.php/en/neuschwanstein-castle-day-trip

Mikeerdas we're sorry if there is any confusion on our part but we did not suggest Dachau. The photos are Neuschwanstein and Salzburg. The link shows all of the Radius tours. The day trip to Neuschwanstein is 9 hours and this is the specific link.

http://www.radiustours.com/index.php/en/neuschwanstein-castle-day-trip

Sorry Scuba. Tried to answer and thank too many people at once. Giantfan made the Dachau suggestion.

Thanks again for the tour company recommendations. Will be looking at Viator, Radius, and another mentioned that I can't pronounce. :-) If there are any other good ones folks know of, please post. But those should be sufficient.

Will have to check the details, but I wonder if there are any half-day tours from Munich that we could catch around 12 noon or 1pm that last later into the day. Since traditionally, I think most excursions leave in the morning. But we don't fly into Munich until past 10am. I know Dachau is close, but again wife says no.

Or DIY stuff like perhaps taking the train into Garmisch, doing the Zugspitze, and taking a late train back to Munich. Or maybe the train to Salzburg for the afternoon / early evening--think it's a 1.5 hour journey each way. Presumably, at least I hope, you get dropped into the city center. Wife mentioned touring the Eagle's Nest, but that seems like it would be quite a long trip for a half-day. Thought about overnighting in Salzburg, but then it seems difficult to get anywhere else quickly from that far away.

There's still the option of canceling our hotel night in Munich. But it's getting a lot closer to our travel time. Any strong recommendations to ditch Munich after flying in, then overnighting in Fuessen, Mittenwald, Garmisch, etc? Again, not so interested in Munich itself. Just getting a very brief intro to Bavarian landscapes, villages, and castles.

I'm sure we'll have a terrific time whatever we decide--even just touring Munich a bit on the first day, then doing a whole-day tour of the castles on the second. But then again, when our time was limited on a two night pre-trip tour of Rome, we hit the ground running after arriving early in the morning and saw the Forum, the Coliseum, etc. In order that we'd have a full day to see the Vatican the next day. Of course it's a little different this time. We could walk to the Forum and other ancient sites from our hotel...

If we did insist on doing some sort of mini alpine village adventure on our first day being based on Munich, and kept the hotel night in Munich, what would be the most convenient using public transportation? Sounds like Garmisch might be. Is it true you can walk to everything from the train station? Would be cool to do Garmisch and also see Mittenwald. Guess I will need to check the train connections to see if that's feasible, e.g. to not backtrack, etc. Really, those are the two things we want to do in Bavaria: tour the Ludwig castles and get a small taste of the Bavarian alps (e.g. at least one village strolling around and taking a tram up to a summit or great view).

When I did a land based vacation in April 2009 I stayed in Garmisch the entire time. We went into Munich a few times. Once was just to sighsee around the city, hit up some museums and just walked about. The second time was more on the outskirts. Did an aquarium and the soccer stadium tours. Then we went to Dachau.

Other then that, we toured around the castles. Salzburg is easy from Garmisch as you note. Innsbruck is also very close. Eagle's Nest might be closed depending on the time of year you are there. When we were there we were only able to tour the museum and a bunker at Berchtesgaden. To actually get up to Eagle's Nest, the road was closed. But all are in the same vicinity.

It sounds to me like you should ditch Munich and go further south. If you aren't interested in what is right in town, it'd be best to stay away. I know you are against renting a car, but I say just go for it. That's going to be the only way you will fit in what you are trying to do. We did both castles in Fussen, had lunch there then Linderhof all in the same day (done by dinner) and we were not rushed anyplace. We also came across a beautiful lake while driving between them and stopped for pictures.

When I did a land based vacation in April 2009 I stayed in Garmisch the entire time. We went into Munich a few times. Once was just to sighsee around the city, hit up some museums and just walked about. The second time was more on the outskirts. Did an aquarium and the soccer stadium tours. Then we went to Dachau.

Other then that, we toured around the castles. Salzburg is easy from Garmisch as you note. Innsbruck is also very close. Eagle's Nest might be closed depending on the time of year you are there. When we were there we were only able to tour the museum and a bunker at Berchtesgaden. To actually get up to Eagle's Nest, the road was closed. But all are in the same vicinity.

It sounds to me like you should ditch Munich and go further south. If you aren't interested in what is right in town, it'd be best to stay away. I know you are against renting a car, but I say just go for it. That's going to be the only way you will fit in what you are trying to do. We did both castles in Fussen, had lunch there then Linderhof all in the same day (done by dinner) and we were not rushed anyplace. We also came across a beautiful lake while driving between them and stopped for pictures.

The only reason I would argue against the car is they have to catch their overnight train in Munich. That means driving into town during evening rush hour and I've done that...never again. I guess one could return the car to the airport and take public transport to the central station.

The only reason I would argue against the car is they have to catch their overnight train in Munich. That means driving into town during evening rush hour and I've done that...never again. I guess one could return the car to the airport and take public transport to the central station.

My wife and I were wondering about renting a car again. Does seem the most efficient way to go. And from what I've seen, even on the 10.5 hour all day tours, it seems like you can't see all 3 Ludwig properties in a day. Or at Linderhof, they don't allow enough time to see the grotto--which sounds incredible.

Weren't sure about the details, e.g. pick-up at the airport but drop near the Munchen HBF rail station for our overnight train to Venice? That is, if any car rental agency will allow pick-up at MUC and drop-off at another location. Or if we could pick-up a rental car near the train station super early in the morning, the day we'd want to visit the castles. Also wasn't sure about car insurance. In the U.S., I'm covered through my Allstate insurance for any car rentals. Not so sure about Europe and what to expect. Sometimes paying with the right credit card will allow you to waive the CDW/LDW.

What's the time range for rush hour in Munich?

My wife and I were wondering about renting a car again. Does seem the most efficient way to go. And from what I've seen, even on the 10.5 hour all day tours, it seems like you can't see all 3 Ludwig properties in a day. Or at Linderhof, they don't allow enough time to see the grotto--which sounds incredible.

Weren't sure about the details, e.g. pick-up at the airport but drop near the Munchen HBF rail station for our overnight train to Venice? That is, if any car rental agency will allow pick-up at MUC and drop-off at another location. Or if we could pick-up a rental car near the train station super early in the morning, the day we'd want to visit the castles. Also wasn't sure about car insurance. In the U.S., I'm covered through my Allstate insurance for any car rentals. Not so sure about Europe and what to expect. Sometimes paying with the right credit card will allow you to waive the CDW/LDW.

What's the time range for rush hour in Munich?

I don't remember the time of rush hour but I do remember that we were returning to the city from an excursion but wanted to be on the other side of the city. There is a bypass ring road and we missed the exit so ended up going into town (I'd say about 6ish). It took us 2 hours to make our way across the city.

Another time we were staying in Salzburg and wanted to drive through the Alps to the road that descends to Fussen and Neuschwanstein Castle. It was a gorgeous weekend day and apparently a lot of Bavarians decided on a drive to the mountains also that day... It took us 3 hours to make our way down the mountain to Fussen. ( just the downhill part) I don't mean to scare you. We normally love driving in Germany. Where else are you going to find a town sign as you enter a village of about 10 houses and a sign that you are leaving! :). I'd just be concerned that you have a fixed time that you HAVE to be at the Munich Bahnhof and unexpected things do happen.

However, if you decide on a car, you might think about renting the car immediately upon arrival and drive immediately to Fussen. See Neuschwanstein Castle that day and the next day spend time seeing something else. Return the car to the airport in the afternoon, and then take transportation into the city. Find out if there is luggage storage there beforehand. Then you are free to explore a little of Munich and don't have to worry about traffic delays.

I'd just be concerned that you have a fixed time that you HAVE to be at the Munich Bahnhof and unexpected things do happen.

However, if you decide on a car, you might think about renting the car immediately upon arrival and drive immediately to Fussen. See Neuschwanstein Castle that day and the next day spend time seeing something else. Return the car to the airport in the afternoon, and then take transportation into the city. Find out if there is luggage storage there beforehand. Then you are free to explore a little of Munich and don't have to worry about traffic delays.

Thanks SoBay. That's not a bad option. But I'd have to find a hotel in Fuessen. And may be so jet-lagged as not to be able to enjoy much. Really hard to say--could either be energized and hit the ground running. Or exhausted.

The option I'm gravitating toward is checking into our Munich hotel and giving Munich sights a chance that first day. Then possibly finding the first train in the AM from Munich to Fuessen, then bus to the castle entrance. Too bad Schloss Linderhof isn't easily accessible by public transport. Or that there's no shuttle between the two. In any event, trying to see less is probably a wiser option. I don't actually enjoy driving in general. Would rather be relaxing on a train.

A friend of mine at work who was stationed in Germany for several years cautioned me against driving in Bavaria. That roads were narrow, parking hard to find, etc.

If I did take the train from Munich to Fuessen and back, are there any stops along the route back where there's interesting stuff to see within walking distance? Guess I'll need a good rail map of Bavaria and a current timetable.

Thinking we'd prefer keeping our hotel booking in Munich for the night we arrive. I'd have to research and book a Fuessen hotel to do otherwise. Although I think it's a great idea for efficiency to drive to Fuessen right from the airport then drop off next afternoon. Maybe next time if we return. I'm sure we'd be perfectly happy just seeing more stuff in Munich that first day. Maybe focus more on beer gardens, etc. And I think there's at least one palace you can get to easily by train. Nymph-something or other?

Not sure how tired we'll be when we arrive in Munich. So even getting in a rental car that first day may not be so pleasant. Hard to say.

A few more questions about the car rental option:

* If we wanted to get up really early on a Thursday morning at our hotel in Munich's city center, what time would we want to be on the road to miss any morning rush hour traffic on our way to Fuessen? Or not, since this would presumably be a Reverse Commute.

* Since traffic may be an issue returning from Fuessen to drop off the car either at the airport or city center location, is there some other option we may be missing, e.g. take a train outside the city center and pick-up a rental car there? Then drop off at same location, taking a train back to the city center?

* Or yet another variation, take the earliest train we can to Fuessen on Thursday morning and possibly do a car rental from Fuessen, doing a circle tour and dropping off in the same location. Then taking the train back to Munich for our night train to Venice?

* What should we expect car insurance-wise? I typically am insured under my U.S. car insurance policy, pay with a credit card that often provides car insurance, and decline all rental car insurance come-ons. Will that approach work well in Germany or would I be pound-wise, penny foolish? Want to be sure I'd have appropriate coverage. Not something I want to be guessing at. Car rental agencies are famous for scare tactic upseling on insurance, tank refills, etc. Most of the time none are worth it.

What I may end up doing is reserving both a tour (that at least hits Neuschwanstein) and make a car rental reservation--being sure of the cancellation policies for both. Then make a game time decision. And maybe go with the tour company with the best cancellation policy.

Here is a company I've seen recommended on Tripadvisor: http://www.stadtrundfahrten-muenchen.de/en/day_trips/angebot/neuschwanstein-1/

Anyone know more about the tour company and castle tour above? Seems to somehow be Grayline. But maybe it's subbed out to a local company?

When I google directly for Grayline I get the following link with a higher price and less time at Linderhof. Edit: looking more closely, the above is quoted in euros and the below grayline link in USD. The tour for the link above seems to include a tour of the grotto @ Linderhof while the one below does not. The grotto looks very cool from what I've seen. Is it a Must if you are at Schloss Linderhof?:

http://www.grayline.com/Munich/Neuschwanstein_Linderhof_German_Castle_Tour_Day_Trip_from_Munich#Additional%20Information

The Viator version of the tour also hits Linderhof but explicitly says it does not include a tour of the grotto:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Munich/Royal-Castles-of-Neuschwanstein-and-Linderhof-Day-Tour-from-Munich/d487-285016

The Radius tour only goes to the grounds of Neuschwanstein and does not include Linderhof at all and isn't a bus, but basically buys you train tickets? Makes me wonder why I wouldn't just book the earliest train myself and public bus if I chose to skip Linderhof and focus on Neuschwanstein and its adjacent castle:

http://www.radiusmunich.com/index.php/en/neuschwanstein-castle-day-trip

Driving around Munich does sound like a mess. If only I had more time...

How do Linderhof and Neuschwanstein compare? Will I likely be sorry if I don't see both (for example, if I never return to Bavaria)? People seem to say the interior of Neuschwanstein isn't very impressive. Would like to know more about the grotto and other features of Linderhof.

Anyone know more about the tour company and castle tour above? Seems to somehow be Grayline. But maybe it's subbed out to a local company?

When I google directly for Grayline I get the following link with a higher price and less time at Linderhof. Edit: looking more closely, the above is quoted in euros and the below grayline link in USD. The tour for the link above seems to include a tour of the grotto @ Linderhof while the one below does not. The grotto looks very cool from what I've seen. Is it a Must if you are at Schloss Linderhof?:

http://www.grayline.com/Munich/Neuschwanstein_Linderhof_German_Castle_Tour_Day_Trip_from_Munich#Additional%20Information

The Viator version of the tour also hits Linderhof but explicitly says it does not include a tour of the grotto:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Munich/Royal-Castles-of-Neuschwanstein-and-Linderhof-Day-Tour-from-Munich/d487-285016

The Radius tour only goes to the grounds of Neuschwanstein and does not include Linderhof at all and isn't a bus, but basically buys you train tickets? Makes me wonder why I wouldn't just book the earliest train myself and public bus if I chose to skip Linderhof and focus on Neuschwanstein and its adjacent castle:

http://www.radiusmunich.com/index.php/en/neuschwanstein-castle-day-trip

Driving around Munich does sound like a mess. If only I had more time...

How do Linderhof and Neuschwanstein compare? Will I likely be sorry if I don't see both (for example, if I never return to Bavaria)? People seem to say the interior of Neuschwanstein isn't very impressive. Would like to know more about the grotto and other features of Linderhof.

Have you looked at TripAdvisor? Look here. There are a lot of reviews of tours from Munich. Pure Bavaria is small groups...maybe that might be a compromise between big buses and totally independent travel. Only you can decide what is best for you. Personally, I can only take so much gilt and finery. I love natural beauty and history more than gold displays. But that's me. Look at what the different companies offer and decide what YOU like the most.

Have you looked at TripAdvisor? Look here. There are a lot of reviews of tours from Munich. Pure Bavaria is small groups...maybe that might be a compromise between big buses and totally independent travel. Only you can decide what is best for you. Personally, I can only take so much gilt and finery. I love natural beauty and history more than gold displays. But that's me. Look at what the different companies offer and decide what YOU like the most.

Thanks for the link! Will definitely check it out.

I have a funny story on our walking adventure to Englisher Park in Munich. It was warm and we were looking for a place within the park to purchase water and came across a map on a huge billboard. We told our two young daughters (11 & 15) to go sit on a park bench over in a shaded area where we could still see them so we could decode the map. What we didn't know that behind the billboard was a lovely stretch of grass that was a nudist area that was clearly visible to my children but not us. My daughters claim they had nightmares for years... That taught me to be sure to read something about EVERY area or site we go to.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a couple suggestions....having lived in SE Germany for 8 years...and loved it...have been back every couple years.

From Munich, I highly recommend renting a car. The road to Garmisch is well marked and a very easy drive. Takes about an hour/hour and a half at most. We stayed several times at a Bed and Breakfast in Garmisch - Haus Marie.

http://www.gaestehaus-maria-gap.de/haus_en.html

Fabulous guest house with great breakfast..a bit of Bavaria for sure. From Garmisch, so much to see and do. Lindenhof is one of King Ludwig's castles (outside of Oberamergau) of which Oberamergau is worthy of a stop and walk around. Neuschwanstein is not far from Oberamergau and across from Neuschwanstein is King Ludwig's father's castle. In Garmisch, go to dinner at a Bavarian restaurant complete with music and dancers. Drive back to Munich and side step to Bad Toelz. Also look into flying from Munich to Vienna. Local flight like this often is not a budget buster and cost effective in time.

If renting a car is just not your thing....if you are staying at a big western style hotel chain, call them and talk to the concierge and they can hook you up with a tour while you are there. I would also recommend going to Rothenburg - walled city on the Romantic Strasse (Road). This is another must see city to do in Munich area and something that can be arranged through your hotel concierge inquiry.

Enjoy everything about Bavaria!!!

Thanks Cruise4ME. Definitely not renting a car and have run out of research time. But thanks for all the great suggestions! We leave for the airport in less than one hour from now.

Guess we will decide what to do when we are at our hotel. We would have the better part of a day to just enjoy Munich itself. Then one full day to do something different. May end up booking a tour to the castles. Or do public transport to the castles. Other options would be train to Garmisch or even Salzburg (seems to be about the same time between Munich and Fuessen).

Typically I DIY everything. But time is short and I don't want to overly stress myself--so a tour may be better. It is, after all, vacation. Very much looking forward to seeing Munich/Bavaria. Hope we don't have to rush too terribly much.

Have a couple suggestions....having lived in SE Germany for 8 years...and loved it...have been back every couple years.

From Munich, I highly recommend renting a car. The road to Garmisch is well marked and a very easy drive. Takes about an hour/hour and a half at most. We stayed several times at a Bed and Breakfast in Garmisch - Haus Marie.

http://www.gaestehaus-maria-gap.de/haus_en.html

Fabulous guest house with great breakfast..a bit of Bavaria for sure. From Garmisch, so much to see and do. Lindenhof is one of King Ludwig's castles (outside of Oberamergau) of which Oberamergau is worthy of a stop and walk around. Neuschwanstein is not far from Oberamergau and across from Neuschwanstein is King Ludwig's father's castle. In Garmisch, go to dinner at a Bavarian restaurant complete with music and dancers. Drive back to Munich and side step to Bad Toelz. Also look into flying from Munich to Vienna. Local flight like this often is not a budget buster and cost effective in time.

If renting a car is just not your thing....if you are staying at a big western style hotel chain, call them and talk to the concierge and they can hook you up with a tour while you are there. I would also recommend going to Rothenburg - walled city on the Romantic Strasse (Road). This is another must see city to do in Munich area and something that can be arranged through your hotel concierge inquiry.

Enjoy everything about Bavaria!!!

Archived