Embassy Suites 17th St. FLL - Someone please refresh my memory

elycelynne

I forgot the best side of the hotel to view the cruse ships -- Was it the east side of the hotel (with south being second choice)? Or was it another direction?

If you don't get one, you can just walk over the bridge and have a seat at the top and watch them.

You want to ask for an east facing room. We had one, but we were not high enough to see the ships. You had to be on the top 2 floors in order to be able to view the pier. I would think south side would be good also.

Just ask to be on the top floor.

Claudia

Speaking if the Embassy Suites, I just booked it for our pre-cruise stay and they gave me a choice of a room on a top floor for $15 extra or an early check in for $25 extra. Anyone know how long have they been doing this??

I declined both offers.

Speaking if the Embassy Suites, I just booked it for our pre-cruise stay and they gave me a choice of a room on a top floor for $15 extra or an early check in for $25 extra. Anyone know how long have they been doing this??

I declined both offers.

You need to call the #800 customer service number and let them know they are charging for early check in. That isn't right.

Premium rooms are always more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea why this hotel also offers smoking rooms for $20.00 less than non-smoking? You would think there would be more maintenance with the nicotine, etc. I would have liked to save the $50.00 difference (2 nights and approximate taxes) but the three of us have asthma.

Not trying to start a smoking thread here please! I am out of popcorn :rolleyes:

Anyone have any idea why this hotel also offers smoking rooms for $20.00 less than non-smoking? You would think there would be more maintenance with the nicotine, etc. I would have liked to save the $50.00 difference (2 nights and approximate taxes) but the three of us have asthma.

Not trying to start a smoking thread here please! I am out of popcorn :rolleyes:

I think it is based on demand...the higher the demand, the higher the price...

I don't think the actually maintenace would be any different than a non-smoking room...it is not like they de-smoke the room between guests.

Decided to call the 800 Customer Service #, their take "Each hotel can set their own policies". End of story.

So I thought, wth I am on a roll and called the SE 17th Street hotel directly. Their response (the desk person did not want to transfer me to manager without my telling her why); they have more trouble selling the smoking rooms so that's why they discount them. I suggested that maybe they could sell all their rooms if they were non-smoking then. (Insert cricket chirps here please.)

Then she asked if I wanted to speak to the manager and transferred me. I got voice mail :rolleyes:. Left my message, starting off with a laugh as I said that I wondered if she told you why I was calling, thus the voice mail, lol. Of course, I do understand that they are busy and unable to answer the phone for every call, but it did make me chuckle!

Oh well, at least I got to have my say .... even if it was automatically deleted :cool:

I think it is based on demand...the higher the demand, the higher the price...

I don't think the actually maintenace would be any different than a non-smoking room...it is not like they de-smoke the room between guests.

I realize that they don't likely do anything different on a day to day basis but overall I would imagine that the rooms (walls, drapes, etc) would get dirtier sooner from the nicotine, ashes etc. I used to smoke many, many years ago too and I would think that people smoking in smaller rooms would build up faster than in a whole house.

That said, its just be me wanting the cheaper price, lol (stamps foot childishly!) so no worries.

Decided to call the 800 Customer Service #, their take "Each hotel can set their own policies". End of story.

So I thought, wth I am on a roll and called the SE 17th Street hotel directly. Their response (the desk person did not want to transfer me to manager without my telling her why); they have more trouble selling the smoking rooms so that's why they discount them. I suggested that maybe they could sell all their rooms if they were non-smoking then. (Insert cricket chirps here please.)

Then she asked if I wanted to speak to the manager and transferred me. I got voice mail :rolleyes:. Left my message, starting off with a laugh as I said that I wondered if she told you why I was calling, thus the voice mail, lol. Of course, I do understand that they are busy and unable to answer the phone for every call, but it did make me chuckle!

Oh well, at least I got to have my say .... even if it was automatically deleted :cool:

I had a different experience with the Embassy Suites manager...A couple of years ago I had read a few negative reviews on Trip Advisor..Already had a reservation there and so I e-mailed the manager...He quickly e-mailed me back assuring me about my concerns. And when we did arrive for a very early morning checkin (7:00am) he called our room to welcome us and expressed that he was available for any thing that concerned us...We had a wonderful few days there pre-cruise and will be staying again next week.

Archived