Sorry, Another Labadee Question

Zigggypup

Does anyone know if Labadee is rigged for nightime use? The reason I ask is because a future itinerary of mine has been changed to an overnight in Labadee. We arrive at 4:30 PM and leave at 5:00 the next day. I've been to Labadee numerous times in the past and never noticed any significant lighting or anything of that nature. Just wondering what we will be able to do on the island when we are arriving that late in the afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if Labadee is rigged for nightime use? The reason I ask is because a future itinerary of mine has been changed to an overnight in Labadee. We arrive at 4:30 PM and leave at 5:00 the next day. I've been to Labadee numerous times in the past and never noticed any significant lighting or anything of that nature. Just wondering what we will be able to do on the island when we are arriving that late in the afternoon. Thanks in advance.

Interesting question. I'm curious too.

What ship/date?

I must tell you this is the first I have heard of this.

I have been to Labadee 4 x's and love it!!

When are you sailing and what ship?

Oh My, I want to do it!!!!!

Please post more.

Sea Ya

It's a March 2015 sailing on board the Quantum. Without getting into it too much, they basically butchered the itinerary. But that's not really relevant to my question. The funny thing is that if you go onto RCI's website and look at the itinerary for the March 21, 2015 sailing, it isn't correct. The only way that you are able to see the correct itinerary is to log on and go into "My cruises". Once logged on they show you the updated itinerary with an overnight in Labadee. I spoke to RCI and they confirmed the updated itinerary. I don't understand why they have been posting an incorrect itinerary on their main page. And it has been incorrect for months now.

Edited by Zigggypup

It's a March 2015 sailing on board the Quantum. Without getting into it too much, they basically butchered the itinerary. But that's not really relevant to my question. The funny think is that if you go onto RCI's website and look at the itinerary for the March 21, 2015 sailing, it isn't correct. The only way that you are able to see the correct itinerary is to log on and go into "My cruises". Once logged on they show you the updated itinerary with an overnight in Labadee. I spoke to RCI and they confirmed the updated itinerary. I don't understand why they have been posting an incorrect itinerary on their main page. An it has been incorrect for months now.

They continue to have website programming problems.

It's a March 2015 sailing on board the Quantum. Without getting into it too much, they basically butchered the itinerary. But that's not really relevant to my question. The funny thing is that if you go onto RCI's website and look at the itinerary for the March 21, 2015 sailing, it isn't correct. The only way that you are able to see the correct itinerary is to log on and go into "My cruises". Once logged on they show you the updated itinerary with an overnight in Labadee. I spoke to RCI and they confirmed the updated itinerary. I don't understand why they have been posting an incorrect itinerary on their main page. An it has been incorrect for months now.

I would be very surprised to see an overnight in Haiti. I would be looking into what precautions I needed for malaria if I were on that itinerary.

They continue to have website programming problems.

That's all well and good. But for someone that is looking to book this cruise they can be easily deceived by this error. I booked it the first day the itineraries became available. Since then they have removed Samana. Originally San Juan was a full day, now it is only from 4 PM to 11 PM. And then they added an overnighter in Labadee.

Edited by Zigggypup

That's all well and good. But for someone that is looking to book this cruise they can be easily deceived by this error. I booked it the first day the itineraries became available. Since then they have removed Samana. Originally San Juan was a full day, now it is only from 4 PM to 11 PM. And then they added an overnighter in Labadee.

I agree with you, it seems deceptive. It's just hard to say if it's intentional deception, or just the usual programming incompetence.

I just checked both my TA's site and another site I use for quick rates and they have the Following:

21th - Departing 5:00pm

24th - San Juan 4:00pm - 11:00pm

25th - Labadee arriving 4:30pm

26th - Labadee departing 5:00pm

29th - Cape Liberty - 8:00am

So it looks like the newest information is getting to the TA's sites.

I just checked both my TA's site and another site I use for quick rates and they have the Following:

That is presently the correct itinerary Fred. My TA told me about it months ago when she became aware of the change. But RCI still continues to show one of the older itinerarys on their website. In my opinion, it is a pretty lousy itinerary for an 8 night cruise. 7 hours in PR and a day in Labadee just isn't doing it for me. But I was just curious what they have planned for the night in Labadee?

Edited by Zigggypup

That is presently the correct itinerary Fred. My TA told me about it months ago when she became aware of the change. But RCI still continues to show one of the older itinerarys on their website. In my opinion, it is a pretty lousy itinerary for an 8 night cruise. 7 hours in PR and a day in Labadee just isn't doing it for me. But I was just curious what they have planned for the night in Labadee?

I agree. I just checked the 8 night cruise on January 3rd and it does an overnight in San Juan and then goes to Labadee.

That's an awful itinerary! You are essentially getting only one beach day on an 8 day cruise.

That's an awful itinerary! You are essentially getting only one beach day on an 8 day cruise.

Exactly. I am wondering how many people will get on board without even being aware of the itinerary change. I think only a very small percentage of cruisers actually read this or other cruise line forums. Hopefully they will add to this itinerary at some point. I am just waiting for the Quantum 2015 summer schedule to come out so I can book something else instead. But from what I am getting from past posters, RCI has not yet done an overnighter in Labadee. Still curious as to what they have planned.

Exactly. I am wondering how many people will get on board without even being aware of the itinerary change. I think only a very small percentage of cruisers actually read this or other cruise line forums. Hopefully they will add to this itinerary at some point. I am just waiting for the Quantum 2015 summer schedule to come out so I can book something else instead. But from what I am getting from past posters, RCI has not yet done an overnighter in Labadee. Still curious as to what they have planned.

On our last cruise we had a port time change of 2 hours and I received a copy of the new itinerary. I don't remember if it was from my TA or RCL but the full page form I received looks to be issued by RCL but our TA may have forwarded to us.

Why, would you do that? There has never been anyone passenger of Royal Caribbean that visited Labadee that got malaria. Have you ever been to Labadee?

I would be very surprised to see an overnight in Haiti. I would be looking into what precautions I needed for malaria if I were on that itinerary.

Well, they could have a really fun nighttime beach party, too. Something that isn't normally done- and would be a BLAST.

I can see people wandering off looking for a romantic location and getting lost.............lol. Nightime Cabanas sounds like fun.

Edited by Zigggypup

What a terrible itinerary for an 8 night cruise on a very expensive new ship. I'd be very unhappy. I suspect they will have a lot of tiki torches or something lighting the paths as there certainly is no rigged lighting that I have ever noticed. I would hate being penned up in RCI's compound over night.

Why, would you do that? There has never been anyone passenger of Royal Caribbean that visited Labadee that got malaria. Have you ever been to Labadee?

I think the point that the poster was trying to make is that Malaria is usually contracted from a mosquito bite. And mosquitos come out by the millions at night.

Edited by Zigggypup

Well, they could have a really fun nighttime beach party, too. Something that isn't normally done- and would be a BLAST.

That was what I was thinking. I might have to look into booking this cruise. I wanted to cruise on the Quantum on an itinerary that would allow me to focus most of my fun on the ship. This might be what I was looking for. Thank you for posting this thread!:)

If you are real quiet, you might hear the drum beats from a Vodoo ceremony in the hills. That would be cool. Although I have to tell ya', it's a kinda spooky sound.

But, yes the mosquitos are brutal at night. Mosquito nets and repellant/coils were standard operating procedures in our apartments.