Veendam Dry Dock April 14-21. What's scheduled?

debcruising

Hi, Veendam will be in Dry Dock 04/14 - 04/21. How can I found out what changes are being done? Is there a way to find out?

I have booked the Veendam after the drydock and would like to know.

Thanks in advance, Fellow HAL cruisers!!

I hope they put the aft deck palm tree out of our misery. PLEASE!

PALM_zps578d23b7.jpg

BTW that's all of it there is :(

Where is the tree? I've got several pictures of the retreat on the Veendam from our Oct/Nov cruise last year and I can't find it.

I hope they put the aft deck palm tree out of our misery. PLEASE!

Wish I'd had the guts to toss it overboard in Antarctica. I can just picture some scientist rushing over to see it after it had washed ashore. :D

Figuring that they have to refit the beauty while Easter vacations time, I wish that they do not take much days off because I think there's a lot of «refit» to do.

Including the palm tree..! Why they don't simply photoshopped it ?

Holacanada abord the Veendam in 37 weeks from now.

As you face the aft the THING is to the right of the hot tubs next to the tables and chairs. Port side

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forums mobile app

I don't think it's there anymore. I don't recall seeing it. The only picture I have that sort of shows that area is shot across the hot tub area from aft forward, and I can't see the top of anything that looks like a tree (sick or otherwise) when I zoom in.

2ppbmgj.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers, I would like to know where the Veendam been refurbish and what are the new developments.

Does anyone have pictures? — I think there is a minimum dry dock.

Holacanada on Veendam in 77 days, 2 hours 14 minutes and 77 seconds… :p

• 4 years later...
Hi, Veendam will be in Dry Dock 04/14 - 04/21. How can I found out what changes are being done? Is there a way to find out? quote]

The only gap in the schedule is between April 6 and April 14. This is not enough time to make any significant changes or updates. and all current reviews are horrible with a/c not working, dirty cabins, dirty toilets, dirty windows, bad service, bad food, terrible entertainment.

11 days Caribbean cruise starts on march 26, ends on April 6 and April 14 it repositions to Mediterranean for 21 days cruise to Venice and from there on every 7 days new cruise

I was thinking of booking a cruise on this ship but after current reviews, I will pass

I am booked on veendam in June 2019 specifically because it is still in the old HAL fitout (haven’t converted crows nest etc or removed library) however I also noticed the gap 6 -14 April 2019 and contacted HAL customer services. They confirmed it is going into dry dock at the end of its Caribbean programme and before it goes to Europe. Curstomer services couldn’t tell me what is to be done and referred me to ship services. Ship services to.d me they had no idea and even the ship crew themselves don’t know until after the dry dock (which I find hard to believe). So I went back to customer services who said ship services made a file note to let me know when the schedule is known. Not sure why when ship services claimed they don’t get told. I don’t expect to hear any more as it seems to me HAL don’t want any information released. I am quite concerned as if they are changing to the “new” configuration I would cancel as my husband and I enjoy the dance venues (ocean bar and crows nest) which material change on other refits.

• 7 months later...

Haven't seen any evidence the Oasis Grand Bahamas drydock failure would impact this scheduled refit in one of the smaller docks, but anyone else seen anything to the contrary?  With all due respect to the poor folks put out of work, probably many more hands now available to work on Veendam.