How do you do the Meet N Mingle?

Hi there!

Ive been trying to figure out how to be a part of the "Meet N Mingle" on our cruise in July. This is our 2nd cruise and are going alone (Me & Hubby) this time so thought it would be fun to meet other cruisers and maybe some from our area ? We are in middle Tn. Thanks and hope to meet some friends on the ship!

Hi there!

Ive been trying to figure out how to be a part of the "Meet N Mingle" on our cruise in July. This is our 2nd cruise and are going alone (Me & Hubby) this time so thought it would be fun to meet other cruisers and maybe some from our area ? We are in middle Tn. Thanks and hope to meet some friends on the ship!

Go to the Roll Call forum (click above on link to Cruise Critic Messsage boards, and then find the Roll Call forum). Find your cruise line, and then your ship, then the date of your sailing. or click here for RCCL's roll call forum..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

There will be a RCCL link near the top of the page that takes you to the RCCL site where you can register for the Meet n Mingle for your sailing or.... click on the link below.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Once they have a group of 25, RCCL will hold an official gathering of the Meet n Mingle members. It is usually on the first or second day of cruising (depends on the ship).

It is great to meet in person those you have met here on the net.

Go to the Roll Call forum (click above on link to Cruise Critic Messsage boards, and then find the Roll Call forum). Find your cruise line, and then your ship, then the date of your sailing. or click here for RCCL's roll call forum..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

There will be a RCCL link near the top of the page that takes you to the RCCL site where you can register for the Meet n Mingle for your sailing or.... click on the link below.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Once they have a group of 25, RCCL will hold an official gathering of the Meet n Mingle members. It is usually on the first or second day of cruising (depends on the ship).

It is great to meet in person those you have met here on the net.

Getting involved with your roll call makes the Meet & Mingle much more fun - you will have gotten to "know" the people here before hand and just put faces with names at the party.

Getting involved with your roll call makes the Meet & Mingle much more fun - you will have gotten to "know" the people here before hand and just put faces with names at the party.

I think the name says it all. Too many people "sit and wait" - never make an attempt to talk to anyone and as soon as the draw is over leave.

I think the name says it all. Too many people "sit and wait" - never make an attempt to talk to anyone and as soon as the draw is over leave.

I agree there are some that join just for a freebie, and quickly hit the door, it is sad because there are so many new and unique people out there.

But, there are some individuals who just by attending the meet and mingle is an accomplishment. For them standing up and going over just to say hello is a hard thing to do. So if you are that outgoing type, please make an effort to pull some of the shy ones out of their shells, by going over and at least saying hello and acknowledging them attending. I hope to say hello to at least 5 new people at my upcoming meet n mingles, my DW, that is a different story.

I agree there are some that join just for a freebie, and quickly hit the door, it is sad because there are so many new and unique people out there.

But, there are some individuals who just by attending the meet and mingle is an accomplishment. For them standing up and going over just to say hello is a hard thing to do. So if you are that outgoing type, please make an effort to pull some of the shy ones out of their shells, by going over and at least saying hello and acknowledging them attending. I hope to say hello to at least 5 new people at my upcoming meet n mingles, my DW, that is a different story.

We friendly Alberta people!

It would also be nice if people stayed to the end of the event. I sent DH and DS, who aren't members, ahead of me. They got there not even halfway into the stated hour, and almost no one was there, and the bartender said no one was there. When I got there there were two people, one of whom was holding a gift basket. DH is normally very gregarious but hadn't introduced himself, and I was pretty peeved that no one was obviously there for the M&M and didn't *want* to find out if the people were from it...so we just left.

IF I sign up for another, I'll try to be there at the start AND I'm staying to the end. And if lost-looking people come in later in the hour, I'll greet them. And I'm the introverted one in my family!

As a whole family on the introverted side - with one extrovert thrown in - I understand what you mean. That is one of the great things about participating in the roll calls - you get to feel like you "know" some people beforehand - it is more like meeting friends than meeting new people.