Best beach with small children?

Samara318

We will be in Aruba from 8 - 4 and are looking for a nice beach that would be family friendly. We need bathrooms, food, and some amenities would be nice. We will have DS 6 and DS 19 months with us. I've heard about Reflextions Beach Bar & Restaurant - would that be a good option? We're SUPER excited!! Can't wait! :)

All of the beaches are public...and there are restrooms, food/drink, etc...up and down the beaches.

You won't want to stay all day..the sun is about 5Xs stronger than you're used to....liberal and frequent sunscreen applications will be in order!

All of the beaches are public...and there are restrooms, food/drink, etc...up and down the beaches.

You won't want to stay all day..the sun is about 5Xs stronger than you're used to....liberal and frequent sunscreen applications will be in order!

It is difficult to find available bathrooms on Eagle Beach. The only ones that the public can use are at Amsterdam Manor and MVC, and those are just for day guests who are paying to use chairs, etc. All of the others are at the other resorts, and they will run off anyone who is not a guest who is staying at the resort. I've seen it done many times.

The water is calmer at Reflextions or Palm Beach. You will be able to find more chairs, umbrellas, food, drink, etc. at these than at Eagle Beach.

We will be in Aruba from 8 - 4 and are looking for a nice beach that would be family friendly. We need bathrooms, food, and some amenities would be nice. We will have DS 6 and DS 19 months with us. I've heard about Reflextions Beach Bar & Restaurant - would that be a good option? We're SUPER excited!! Can't wait! :)

Reflextions might be perfect for you because you can use the swimming pool there, which could be wonderful with two little ones. :)

Take an excursion to de palm island. There is a waterpark, shallow cove swimming, restaurants, snackbars, showers, restrooms and lots of beautiful sand. Way less crowded than some of the beaches like palm beach.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

The undertow is too strong for a 6 yr old....what a beautiful beach, though !

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Eagle Beach has a strong undertow...but is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Eagle Beach has a strong undertow...but is gorgeous!

Depending upon conditions, Eagle Beach or any beach for that matter can have a bad undertow. We have stayed at the Amsterdam Manor on Eagle beach for a total of 24 days and did not have an undertow. The past 2 weeks the ocean on Eagle Beach there was lake like with no waves.

Take an excursion to de palm island. There is a waterpark, shallow cove swimming, restaurants, snackbars, showers, restrooms and lots of beautiful sand. Way less crowded than some of the beaches like palm beach.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Depalm Island is a good choice with kids, but it is pricey. We have family members joining us for our next Aruba vacation, and we are considering taking them there on one of our days.

Depalm Island is a good choice with kids, but it is pricey. We have family members joining us for our next Aruba vacation, and we are considering taking them there on one of our days.

Have you been there Hatteras51? I'm considering De Palm for my husband and I when we visit Aruba next year. Would you recommend it for two adults?

Have you been there Hatteras51? I'm considering De Palm for my husband and I when we visit Aruba next year. Would you recommend it for two adults?

DH & I love going to De Palm Island. Such beautiful Blue Parrot fish there. :)

There's also an area on De Palm that would be great for kids.

LuLu

DH & I love going to De Palm Island. Such beautiful Blue Parrot fish there. :)

There's also an area on De Palm that would be great for kids.

LuLu

Thanks LuLu. I'm not a drinker and I know the price includes an "open bar". Still think it's worth doing if a person doesn't drink alcohol? :o

It's been about 5 years since we went there. We went there because we wanted to do the Sea Trek helmet walk, which was awesome. They also have some snorkeling and a small beach area. If you are interested in doing the helmet walk, then I would definitely say go there. If you just want a nice beach day, then I suggest going to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach, and save the money. It is very expensive and the beach there is not near as nice as the others. We are considering taking our family for the helmet walk. One of our family members doesn't have a lot of stamina but wants to snorkel. The snorkeling is easier there than some other places. It is a great place for kids, with water slides. We vacation for several weeks in Aruba every year, but since we have a gorgeous beach right in front of us at our resort, we haven't seen a need to go back for just the two of us.

Thanks so much for your reply Hatteras51. We went to the MVC Eagle Beach this year and I was kind of bored there. I think we'll stick with my original plan for next year and head to Palm Beach and do a few of the water activities there.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP! :o

Thanks so much for your reply Hatteras51. We went to the MVC Eagle Beach this year and I was kind of bored there. I think we'll stick with my original plan for next year and head to Palm Beach and do a few of the water activities there.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP! :o

You'll find lots more to do on Palm Beach.:)