Cunard World Cruise 2016 information

Austcruiser84

Judging by the updated Sydney Harbour cruise schedule for 2016, QM2 will not be completing a circumnavigation of Australia or NZ in 2016.

QE is scheduled to spend two days and one night in Sydney during late Feb 2016, QM2 has a one day stopover in early March, while QV is scheduled for a Feb 29 stopover as well as a Mar 8 stopover. This suggests a short Tasmania cruise or perhaps a Queensland cruise before resuming the World Voyage.

A shame we aren't seeing all three Queens in the harbour at once - not that we can handle so many big ships in a single day.

Judging by the updated Sydney Harbour cruise schedule for 2016, QM2 will not be completing a circumnavigation of Australia or NZ in 2016.

Bummer - i was considering the nz loop for 2016 - we get so few opportunities to sail on QM2 without longhaul flights to join her.

Oh well maybe i'll do the leg to capetown instead if it goes that way - would suit better anyway - all those lovely sea days.

SEFlyer, the 2016 World Cruise schedules should be announced around 25th August (based on last year) with actual sales starting in first week of September.

Following on from Auscruiser84's information about Sydney, I did some more searching online for port schedules and this is what I have pieced together. I also assumed that the end date in January 2016 of the last cruise currently announced is the start date for the World Cruises.

Queen Mary 2

10 Jan - Southampton

10 March - Sydney

11 March - Sydney

16 March - Cairns

29 March - Hong Kong

Queen Elizabeth

6 Jan - Southampton

12 Feb - Freemantle (Perth)

16 Feb - Adelaide

18 Feb - Melbourne

20 Feb - Sydney

21 Feb - Sydney

26 Feb - Cairns

Queen Victoria

3 Jan - Southampton

29 Feb - Sydney

4 March - Adelaide

6 March - Melbourne

8 March - Sydney

9 March - Sydney

17 March - Darwin

Based on this information, and looking at the sailing times to Australia/order of ports I am guessing the routes are:

QM2 is going round South America, across the Pacific to New Zealand and then Australia and then back via the Far East (ie Singapore/Dubai). The ship is taking 2 months to arrive in Sydney, so this seems plausible.

QE is going to Cape Town via Madeira/Walvis Bay and then across to Australia. It them may be going back across the Pacific to Los Angeles/San Francisco and via the Panama Canal home. It could be going back via the Far East , but no mention in Hong Kong port schedule.

QV is going across the Atlantic/Panama Canal and then across the Pacific to New Zealand/Australia and then back either by the Pacific or more likely the Far East to the UK. Again no mention in Hong Kong port schedule so maybe the Pacific route is more likely.

I couldn't find any more 2016 port schedule information for N America/Asia/Middle East to verify my speculated routes. I am also assuming that even if the new Panama Canal is open in Jan 2016 as currently projected, QM2 will not be able to pass through on the return due to the height of the Bridge of the Americas.

Obviously this is pure speculation and we will know for certain in the next few weeks. We are planning a retirement half world cruise in 2016 hence my interest in this.

Will

Edited by WillH

I have not been able to get 2015 brochure, applied 4 times now, keep being told said information will be sent to arrive within 20 days, so far it has been 4 times that, but no brochure.

Even on board in July, there was NO DOLLAR brochures with prices to be had at the sales office. GERMAN brochures, by the score, but not one pricing cruises from USA, and none in the office.

Mr. Struthers needs a swift kick in the rear. His marketing "skill" is a travesty.

I have not been able to get 2015 brochure, applied 4 times now, keep being told said information will be sent to arrive within 20 days, so far it has been 4 times that, but no brochure.

Even on board in July, there was NO DOLLAR brochures with prices to be had at the sales office. GERMAN brochures, by the score, but not one pricing cruises from USA, and none in the office.

Mr. Struthers needs a swift kick in the rear. His marketing "skill" is a travesty.

Did you check the block that said you had a travel agent?

Just curious, because the first time I ordered the brochure for 2015, I did check it and never got anything. I tried again, this time indicating I did not have a travel agent and I got it just fine.

Did you check the block that said you had a travel agent?

Just curious, because the first time I ordered the brochure for 2015, I did check it and never got anything. I tried again, this time indicating I did not have a travel agent and I got it just fine.

I have tried just about every which way, phoning and ordering, asking on line, responding to surveys, and finally on board just two weeks ago by going to Future Sales office. As I reported, I could have a brochure in German with prices, they had those coming out of their ears, but a brochure for a USA/Canada client - not one.

It is as though Mr Struthers has it in mind to cancel the Trans Atlantics, and "English spoken " cruises and concentrate on the German/Eastern/Med cruises even for QM2.

Buyers beware, if you are travelling from Soton, to Norway/Baltic or maybe even the Med check if your "normal cruise" is being sold as 2/3/4/ day minis.

QM2 will be in Hong Kong on March 29 2016. She is not scheduled to visit Fremantle (Perth) according to the WA cruise timetable for 2016, suggesting what what was posted above - that she will sail via South America, the Packfic, and up the East Coast of Australia to Asia.

QE will be in Fremantle on Feb 12 2016.

Edited by Austcruiser84

It is as though Mr Struthers has it in mind to cancel the Trans Atlantics, and "English spoken " cruises and concentrate on the German/Eastern/Med cruises even for QM2.

Buyers beware, if you are travelling from Soton, to Norway/Baltic or maybe even the Med check if your "normal cruise" is being sold as 2/3/4/ day minis.

You are not serious, aren't you.

... It is as though Mr Struthers has it in mind to cancel the Trans Atlantics, and "English spoken " cruises and concentrate on the German/Eastern/Med cruises even for QM2. Buyers beware, if you are travelling from Soton, to Norway/Baltic or maybe even the Med check if your "normal cruise" is being sold as 2/3/4/ day minis.
Hi Jimsgirl,

Thanks for your useful post :) .

I'm boarding QM2 on September 4th in Southampton. We call at Zeebrugge and Cherbourg before returning to Southampton (we also have a "sea-day").

Should I be concerned? (after reading your warning above)

Will there be many non "English Spoken" on board?

I know you get lots of "inside information" from your contacts on board QM2, and are kind enough to share this detailed and accurate info with us here on CC, and you can't "name names" of course. But how did you find out that Cunard are thinking of pulling out of transatlantics and re-branding themselves as a "foreign" line?

How will you manage personally once this change comes into effect?

Thanks for your help, and the wisdom of your experiences :) .

Edited by pepperrn

SEFlyer, the 2016 World Cruise schedules should be announced around 25th August (based on last year) with actual sales starting in first week of September.

Following on from Auscruiser84's information about Sydney, I did some more searching online for port schedules and this is what I have pieced together. I also assumed that the end date in January 2016 of the last cruise currently announced is the start date for the World Cruises.

Queen Mary 2

10 Jan - Southampton

10 March - Sydney

11 March - Sydney

16 March - Cairns

29 March - Hong Kong

Queen Elizabeth

6 Jan - Southampton

12 Feb - Freemantle (Perth)

16 Feb - Adelaide

18 Feb - Melbourne

20 Feb - Sydney

21 Feb - Sydney

26 Feb - Cairns

Queen Victoria

3 Jan - Southampton

29 Feb - Sydney

4 March - Adelaide

6 March - Melbourne

8 March - Sydney

9 March - Sydney

17 March - Darwin

Based on this information, and looking at the sailing times to Australia/order of ports I am guessing the routes are:

QM2 is going round South America, across the Pacific to New Zealand and then Australia and then back via the Far East (ie Singapore/Dubai). The ship is taking 2 months to arrive in Sydney, so this seems plausible.

QE is going to Cape Town via Madeira/Walvis Bay and then across to Australia. It them may be going back across the Pacific to Los Angeles/San Francisco and via the Panama Canal home. It could be going back via the Far East , but no mention in Hong Kong port schedule.

QV is going across the Atlantic/Panama Canal and then across the Pacific to New Zealand/Australia and then back either by the Pacific or more likely the Far East to the UK. Again no mention in Hong Kong port schedule so maybe the Pacific route is more likely.

I couldn't find any more 2016 port schedule information for N America/Asia/Middle East to verify my speculated routes. I am also assuming that even if the new Panama Canal is open in Jan 2016 as currently projected, QM2 will not be able to pass through on the return due to the height of the Bridge of the Americas.

Obviously this is pure speculation and we will know for certain in the next few weeks. We are planning a retirement half world cruise in 2016 hence my interest in this.

Will

Will, thanks for doing all that research. It looks like a change for the QM2 after 4 years of alternating direction of basically the same route. Certainly if QM2 doesn't make it to Sydney until March 10, it's not going there via Cape Town as it did in 2012 and 2014. It will be very interesting to see which ports in South America QM2 may visit. And it will be nice to have an option for South America after the disappointment in 2015 when not one of the 3 ships makes a single stop on that continent.

I wonder if QV makes a 7 day European excursion on Jan 3 so its departure coincides with QM2 on Jan 10? Cunard have made a big deal in recent years of having 2 ships start a WC on the same day from Southampton. It also accommodates the winter crossing club who do back-to-back crossings from New York. But then maybe QM2's route will take it back to NY on Jan 10 en route to its WC starting around the Americas.

It will all be interesting to see. Your research is wonderful.

SEFlyer - Glad you found this information useful and thanks for the comments. As you say it will be interesting to see the actual full schedules when they are announced shortly. Hopefully there will be some surprises and new ports in the itineraries rather than just a repeat of previous years. I am hoping that it will be possible to do a USA West Coast trip to Australia and New Zealand and then back as this is currently what my wife and I are aiming to book for 2016. However a round South America trip will be very tempting and we do love QM2. It will be good if we are spoilt for choice !

Thanks, Will.

Will, thanks for doing all that research. It looks like a change for the QM2 after 4 years of alternating direction of basically the same route. Certainly if QM2 doesn't make it to Sydney until March 10, it's not going there via Cape Town as it did in 2012 and 2014. It will be very interesting to see which ports in South America QM2 may visit. And it will be nice to have an option for South America after the disappointment in 2015 when not one of the 3 ships makes a single stop on that continent.

I wonder if QV makes a 7 day European excursion on Jan 3 so its departure coincides with QM2 on Jan 10? Cunard have made a big deal in recent years of having 2 ships start a WC on the same day from Southampton. It also accommodates the winter crossing club who do back-to-back crossings from New York. But then maybe QM2's route will take it back to NY on Jan 10 en route to its WC starting around the Americas.

It will all be interesting to see. Your research is wonderful.

I am really hoping to catch a Cunarder back from Southampton to NYC after the Dec 22-Jan 10 QM2 voyage in 2015-16.

...It is as though Mr Struthers has it in mind to cancel the Trans Atlantics, and "English spoken " cruises and concentrate on the German/Eastern/Med cruises even for QM2..

Hi Jimsgirl,

.... But how did you find out that Cunard are thinking of pulling out of transatlantics and re-branding themselves as a "foreign" line?

How will you manage personally once this change comes into effect?...

Please forgive my partial quotes above, but clearly Jimsgirl's did not say that Cunard was thinking of pulling out of transatlantic crossings...she wrote "it is as though Mr Struthers has in mind to cancel" etc. I took that to mean that there was a degree of dissatisfaction with the marketing and sales of transatlantic crossings, not that she was making claims that Cunard plans to re-brand itself as a "foreign" line, or "pulling out" of crossings as you asked, but rather that her recent experience indicated a major change in direction. That's only my interpretation, and I might well be mistaken...

But now that you mention it, recently there have been several special reduced fare and added bonus offers for crossings. Does that indicate that crossings aren't selling well? Seems to me that no cruise line can continue to offer itineraries that don't fill the ship at sustainable prices, just for the sake of being iconic. Yet, Carnival Corp balance sheet shows profits continue to grow. It will be very interesting to see what happens over the next year. -S.

Edited by Salacia

Please forgive my partial quotes above, ...
Thank you Salacia, but I was rather hoping that Lynn would come back and have the courtesy to answer my (and Cats2010) comments. Especially the first part of my post (which you didn't quote). Not that I'm not grateful for your comments, far from it.

On another thread Lynn is warning people off of European cruises, and I was hoping to get her advice.

If Lynn meant that this was only her thoughts on the subject and I got the impression that she had inside information to back these opinions up, well I'm sorry that I read it wrong. However, I am still hoping that Lynn will give me the benefit of her vast experience of cruising and let me know if she thinks I should cancel my upcoming short European cruise.

Thank you again.

Edited by pepperrn

Thank you Salacia, but I was rather hoping that Lynn would come back and have the courtesy to answer my (and Cats2010) comments. Especially the first part of my post (which you didn't quote). Not that I'm not grateful for your comments, far from it.

On another thread Lynn is warning people off of European cruises, and I was hoping to get her advice.

If Lynn meant that this was only her thoughts on the subject and I got the impression that she had inside information to back these opinions up, well I'm sorry that I read it wrong. However, I am still hoping that Lynn will give me the benefit of her vast experience of cruising and let me know if she thinks I should cancel my upcoming short European cruise.

Thank you again.

Sorry if I spoke out of turn.

Lynn warned people off European cruises? No, I didn't see that, but I did read her account of 2 and 3 day cruises, including her warning to be aware of how some mini-cruises are marketed. Based on what I have read, it is a misrepresentation of her comments to make the statement that "Lynn is warning people off of European cruises."

But that's only my reading of the comments made, and hopefully, clarification will be forthcoming from the source. -S.

I just thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone has more insight on the 2016 WC routes for the 3 ships. I seem to recall a year or two ago some CC members with close links to the industry had the routes in advance. Is there anyone out there who can enlighten us? Would love to learn what's planed for 2016. :)

Hello All, Long time reader but a new joiner!!

Just thought I would add that there is a listed schedule for the 2nd March 2016 for Queen Victoria to dock in Hobart, arriving from Sydney and departing for Kangaroo Island. It is on their TasPorts site! Finally little Tassie gets a visit after many years not being included on the Australia circumnavigation!

Archaeologygig - Many thanks

So it looks as though QV will be doing a round trip from Sydney in 2016 going round Tasmania. Sounds interesting. The Adelaide schedule now shows Hobart as the previous port, so not sure which Kangaroo island (off Tasmania or off Adelaide) that is being referred to. Maybe just a sail by as it is a fair distance to Adelaide from Hobart.

29 Feb 2016 - Sydney

2 March - Hobart

? March - Kangaroo Island , Tasmania or is the one near Adelaide - a sail by ?

4 March - Adelaide

6 March - Melbourne

8 March - Sydney

Will

This is the latest that Cunard has been releasing the World Voyages information in the years I have been watching for them. All of the other cruise lines that do around the world cruises have had them published for awhile. Maybe they are waiting for the sale on 2015 World Voyages to end.:confused:

Hello All, Long time reader but a new joiner!!

Just thought I would add that there is a listed schedule for the 2nd March 2016 for Queen Victoria to dock in Hobart, arriving from Sydney and departing for Kangaroo Island. It is on their TasPorts site! Finally little Tassie gets a visit after many years not being included on the Australia circumnavigation!

Ah ha! I was right about the short Tasmania sector.

Just received from a UK cruise site

Cunard Announce 2016 World Cruises

Having initiated the concept in 1922 and having sailed more World Cruises, carrying more passengers around the world than any other line, Cunard announces its World Cruises for 2016 today, 26 August, ahead of them going on public sale on 10 September 2014.

Cunard will operate world voyages on all three Queens. Queen Victoria offers a classic passage right around the world via the Panama Canal while flagship Queen Mary 2 will also perform a full circumnavigation, for the first time since 2009, via South America’s Cape Horn. Queen Elizabeth will sail Down Under and back through the Suez Canal, allowing time to explore South Africa, Australia, Japan and the Far East in particular depth.

All three ships will sail from their homeport of Southampton on Sunday 10 January 2016 and will return together to Southampton on Tuesday 10 May.

Each ship will offer overnight stays at three of the world’s most iconic cities, including Rio, Sydney, Cape Town, Singapore, San Francisco and Dubai. In addition, later sailing times – after 9pm at between eight and 10 ports of call on each of the world voyages – will allow passengers the opportunity to get more of a sense of the rhythm and the evening attractions of these destinations.

Between them Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will visit no fewer than 92 ports in 49 countries. And even after all these years, the three largest Cunard ships ever built will make 35 maiden calls including 10 where Cunard has never visited before:

Amber Cove, Dominican Republic (Queen Mary 2), Kangaroo Island, Australia (Queen Victoria), Port Victoria, Seychelles (Queen Victoria), Réunion (Queen Elizabeth), Newcastle, Australia (Queen Elizabeth), Cebu, Philippines (Queen Elizabeth), Jeju-do, South Korea (Queen Elizabeth), Hiroshima, Japan (Queen Elizabeth), Okinawa, Japan (Queen Elizabeth) and Keelung, Taiwan (Queen Elizabeth).

In total, the three ships will sail over 100,000 nautical miles and their itineraries will offer countless opportunities for discovery with holidays ranging from eight- night fly-cruise sectors to 121-night world voyages.

Fares for a full circumnavigation start at just £107 per person per day, with all meals, entertainment and travel included.

Queen Mary 2 is sailing a 120-night Western Circumnavigation via South America with an overnight stay in Rio, and scenic-sailing in the Beagle Channel, around Cape Horn and through the Magellan Straits of Chile before the ship crosses the South Pacific for the very first time, with calls in French Polynesia. After New Zealand and Australia – with an overnight stay in Sydney – Queen Mary 2 sails to the waterfront cities of Shanghai and Hong Kong, then on to Vietnam’s picturesque Halong Bay before heading for Bangkok, Singapore and then Dubai for an overnight stay before returning to the UK through the Suez Canal.

Queen Victoria will set out on a classic 120-night Western Circumnavigation via the Panama Canal - paying a special tribute at Long Beach, California to the original Queen Mary on the 80th anniversary of her Maiden Voyage - before staying overnight in San Francisco. Queen Victoria then sails via Hawaii to close-cruise in New Zealand’s scenic fiordland and call at seven Australian ports – including an overnight stay in Sydney - before heading for Hong Kong, Singapore and an overnight stay in Cape Town en route back to Southampton.

Queen Elizabeth sails south on a 121- night loop which features seven of the ten ports of call never before visited by Cunard. After a three-day stay in Cape Town, the ship will visit seven different Australian ports – with an overnight stay in Sydney. Visiting the Philippines to Hong King, Shanghai and South Korea, the itinerary also allows for full immersion in the ancient cultures of Japan with six Japanese calls in total, timed for the best chance to see the spectacular cherry blossom. After Vietnam, an overnight stay in Singapore and calls in Thailand and India, the ship sails to Dubai and Aqaba (for the ancient site of Petra), transiting the Suez Canal to return to the UK.

Full World Cruise Cunard Fares range from £12,799 per person to £138,649 per person for Queen Mary 2’s 120 night circumnavigation from and back to Southampton, 10 January-10 May 2016, including free on-board spending money of between $600 - $1,800 per person.

Cunard Fares for ‘liner voyages’, cruising to or from Australia and flying the other way, begin at £4,449 per person, including the return flight to the UK and $140 per person on board spending money, for Queen Elizabeth’s Southampton to Freemantle (the port for Perth) 33 night sailing 10 January – 12 February 2016.

Shorter ‘Sector voyages’ where passengers fly-cruise between ports are also available for 4-25 nights. For example, the nine-night Hong Kong to Singapore sector aboard Queen Mary 2 (29 March - 7 April 2016), calling at Hanoi (from Halong Bay), Bangkok (from Laem Chabang) and Sihanoukville, Cambodia, has Cunard Fares starting at £1,969 pwer person, including return flights and $40 per person on board spending money.

Angus Struthers, Cunard Director, says:

“A Cunard World Voyage offers the most authentic of cruise experiences and in 2016 with all three Cunard Queens offering opportunities to explore right across the globe the choice is better than ever. Passengers discovering the world with Cunard will always be able to enjoy the added thrill of the warm welcomes and special farewells which Cunard ships receive wherever they go. And those passengers can travel safe in the knowledge they are sailing with the World Cruise experts, Cunard having started this great travel tradition way back in 1922. A World Cruise is a wonderful experience, but a World Cruise with Cunard is the stuff of legends!”