Three Theme Restaurants on What Ships?

Oxo

At one time, back maybe 5-6 years ago, Princess had separate theme type restaurants.

I can't remember what they were, but I believe they were on the Sapphire and Diamond. They were possibly a TEX/MEx, Asian and ?. They had their own special menu and you could also order from the regular Traditional Menu, too. They were not pay venues. RCI is going to Dynamic Dining which will be sort of like this.

I am not talking about the Sterling Steak, Capital Grill or Sabatines.

Anyone remember these? If so, please let me know. Thank you!

At one time, back maybe 5-6 years ago, Princess had separate theme type restaurants.

I can't remember what they were, but I believe they were on the Sapphire and Diamond. They were possibly a TEX/MEx, Asian and ?. They had their own special menu and you could also order from the regular Traditional Menu, too. They were not pay venues. RCI is going to Dynamic Dining which will be sort of like this.

I am not talking about the Sterling Steak, Capital Grill or Sabatines.

Anyone remember these? If so, please let me know. Thank you!

You are correct. Diamond and Sapphire Princess have 4 anytime dining rooms that are separately themed. They all share the same menu (along with the traditional dining room) but each have one unique dish (although you can order that dish in any dining room). Go to the deck plans and you can see them for yourself...

You are correct. Diamond and Sapphire Princess have 4 anytime dining rooms that are separately themed. They all share the same menu (along with the traditional dining room) but each have one unique dish (although you can order that dish in any dining room). Go to the deck plans and you can see them for yourself...

Thanks, got it. Savoy, Vivaldi on Deck 5. Pacific Moon and Santa Fe on Deck 6.

There are actually four and they are used for Anytime Dining (with one hosting an extra Early Traditional dining time, then reverting to AD). I don't think the entire menu was ever different (or maybe it was at the very beginning?); it's just the regular DR menu with each dining room having its own specialty entree. What is different between the rooms is the themed decor.

Vivaldi (Italian)/Osso Bucco

Santa Fe (Mexican-ish)/Fajitas

Pacific Moon (Asian)/shrimp noodle thing

Savoy (?)/veal chop?

*sigh* Rick types faster than me.

Edited by rdsqrl

They originally had completely themed menus but that lasted only a few months. As Rick says, only one menu item from each survived. I wonder if that would be the case today. :)

They were not pay venues. RCI is going to Dynamic Dining which will be sort of like this.

Quite different from Dynamic Dining:

Princess with the four dining rooms: Menu is different every evening. On a 7 night cruise, you have 7 different menus. On a 14 day cruise you will have 14 different menus.

Dynamic dining: Menu in each venue does not change. Four no-pay venues, one of which is formal every evening. If you rotate the dining rooms you eat in, on a 7 day cruise you will have 4 different menus. On a 14 day segment, you will have 4 different menus.

Edited by caribill

That is also what I remember. I really liked this concept for Any Time Dining. If 1 reataurant had a wait time, I just went to one of the others. However, they were on 2 seperate decks.

We were on the Diamond when newish. The themed dining was awesome! Pacific Moon was my favorite with a fresh suchi server going table to table. Two menus, one was unique to the room and one shared, I can't remember if they changed day to day hmmm. We went back a year or so later just for the dining experience...was dissapointed.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

It was awhile ago, but we sailed the Diamond in 2009. We had late TD, but I checked out the other dr's and I didn't notice the individual items. Did you have to ask for them?

Bob

It was awhile ago, but we sailed the Diamond in 2009. We had late TD, but I checked out the other dr's and I didn't notice the individual items. Did you have to ask for them?

The daily printed menu is the same in all 5 dining rooms (AT+traditional). So either your waitstaff needs to mention them or you need to ask.