Oh boy! What did I just do?

Slippin

We are a party of 7 that was booked on the Carnival Magic leaving March 22nd. Thanks to you guys I saw the Halloween Sale and saw that the Freedom was leaving a day earlier and $140 cheaper per person and had a $20 credit. We changed our booking from the Magic to the Freedom! We went from early saver to the sale price ($329) for a guarantee cabin. We don't care where we stay!

How does the Freedom compare to the magic (food, entertainment, etc)? Was this price drop worth it ($280 for my wife and i).

Edited by Slippin

We are a party of 7 that was booked on the Carnival Magic leaving March 22nd. Thanks to you guys I saw the Halloween Sale and saw that the Freedom was leaving a day earlier and $140 cheaper per person and had a $20 credit. We changed our booking from the Magic to the Freedom! We went from early saver to the sale price ($329) for a guarantee cabin. We don't care where we stay!

How does the Freedom compare to the magic (food, entertainment, etc)? Was this price drop worth it ($280 for my wife and i).

Did CCL ding you $50pp when you changed ships since you were ES?

Bill

Did CCL ding you $50pp when you changed ships since you were ES?

Bill

No we did not! My PVP helped us out. We book through her several times a year so she is able to save those fees. My wife and I even went from a cabin of 4 to having our own stateroom! We had FTTF on the Magic, now we are searching on the Freedom.

WE sailed the Freedom just a few weeks back.

We really liked the ship and had a great time. We had a group of guests who made for some challenging times for other passengers and staff.

We had good food, nice rooms (though our was very dated and in rough shape near the desk even after the latest dry dock), I liked all the public areas, shows where OK. Everything was on par with what we have experienced in the past minus the issues with the group of guests.

you might miss things like the sports square, ropes course and stuff like that. My son missed it a lot as we sailed Sunshine last.

No we did not! My PVP helped us out. We book through her several times a year so she is able to save those fees. My wife and I even went from a cabin of 4 to having our own stateroom! We had FTTF on the Magic, now we are searching on the Freedom.

Good for you guys. Glad your PVP was able to save you $350.

It seems CCL is pretty desperate these days so they forgot about all their rules , so that worked in your favor.

Congrats and enjoy your cruise :)

Bill

Man, Carnival is killing me with these sales. My sailing is not included of course but man it is making me want to take another or change....dangit. I need more days off each year! Work is getting in the way of my vacation plans. :p
The March 29th sailing on the Magic is over 300 cheaper than your sailing. If there is anyway to switch it, could you? I assume you're driving to the port, but if it's a spring break thing because of kids, then you're stuck. Edited by SNJCruisers

This was actually our last year to travel in the off season because my son will start Kinder next Fall, but we are taking this cruise with friends who are stuck to the Spring Break week as their son is in school. But we are all freaking out over these prices....If we were to go a month earlier (Feb 8) we could save anywhere from $600 (choose my own room) to $1000 (Carnival pick for us). So tempting!

The March 29th sailing on the Magic is over 300 cheaper than your sailing. If there is anyway to switch it, could you? I assume you're driving to the port, but if it's a spring break thing because of kids, then you're stuck.