Cat "SB" Single Studio Balcony. Any Info or pics?

mike@sea

Usually once a new ship sails that is all you see is tons of pictures of people's cabins..........I beginning to think that the TA sailing never really happened and everybody just made it up that the ship is sailing now..........

Jimbo:)

I had originally booked 7250 and then moved to 6648 prior to getting the opportunity to book an outside GTY at a great rate and was finally upgraded a couple of times to different standard balconies. I landed at the end in a D2.

Having seen 7250 on our cabin crawl, I was very happy to have moved up to double C&A points and the larger cabin. That said, it is great they are offering this new category.

I would only avoid the --52 cabins, as the main redeeming quality of the SB was the large balcony and standard sized bathroom and shower.

You basically loose the sofa area and have half as much storage as a standard balcony. you loose most of the drawer space of a standard cabin and the full size desk is just a half-oval with the phone attached to the wall and while maintaining the same number of power outlets and ports, you only have a stool that fits under the hanging half table and no chair. 7250 had the same balcony furnishings as standard cabins with 2 full size chairs and the small table.

Quantum cabins are very well designed and the SB category is very manageable, but I would never pay a premium for this cabin.

Your description sounds fine to me. If I have the balcony, I can live with the smaller cabin. Just got back from two weeks on the EX in an inside. I travel light, so the closet was more than half empty and I only used two of the many drawers and none of the side shelves or cabinet storage. The extra bed and the couch were dumping grounds for beach stuff.

I booked the first day bookings were open for C&A and got the full D+ balcony discount. Prices never came down - any balcony has been priced more than double the cost of an SB on my sailing.

I'm just really curious to see if the --48 cabins really have a larger balcony. I think the location is perfect for a winter sailing - close to the aft elevators and tucked in behind the hump. It looks like part of the balcony would be sheltered from the wind, but the outer edge would have more expansive views.

I'm booked in one of the xx48 cabins on the 12/12 cruise. The deck plan shows a larger, i.e. deeper, balcony so I was curious about its actual size, too. There was a video taken as the ship was being moved down river from the yard that flew down the side of the ship. I was able to pause it as it went by those cabins and it definitely looks to match the deck plan.

For me, traveling solo, not having to pay a single supplement is worth the loss of some space. Besides, I've been in inside cabins on the Majesty and they are only around 10 square feet larger and with no balcony. I'm glad I was able to get one before they were all gone.

Thank you all for your kind replies and those to come.

I am booked in 6648 on an 8 nigther in March. Wasn´t really cheap and I am not yet convinced it is a good idea just to be able to dine at Jamie´s and watch Mamma Mia... :-)

I am D+ but don´t count on an upgrade (never happened yet). The nearby smoking area could also be an issue on deck , not sure how far away it is.