Princess@Sea APP

MTNestr

Is this APP currently available on the Royal Princess and if so is it worth using?
Princess@Sea is not an app... it's the ship's Intranet and has been available on the Royal since she launched almost two years ago. It's free. You can see your folio, check dining times, check Patter event listings, safety information, etc.

An addendum to Princess@Sea is a passenger-to-passenger messaging option. It's not an app so you have to check your Princess@Sea to see if you have messages. The Regal has this as does, I believe, the Grand. Not sure about the Royal. It's being rolled out throughout the fleet.

Princess announced that they were releasing a app for messaging onboard. It has not been released yet. That would work somewhat like iMessage and you'd be notified that you have a message. Like Princess@Sea, it would be free and use the ship's WiFi.

Princess@Sea is not an app... it's the ship's Intranet and has been available on the Royal since she launched almost two years ago. It's free. You can see your folio, check dining times, check Patter event listings, safety information, etc.

An addendum to Princess@Sea is a passenger-to-passenger messaging option. It's not an app so you have to check your Princess@Sea to see if you have messages. The Regal has this as does, I believe, the Grand. Not sure about the Royal. It's being rolled out throughout the fleet.

Princess announced that they were releasing a app for messaging onboard. It has not been released yet. That would work somewhat like iMessage and you'd be notified that you have a message. Like Princess@Sea, it would be free and use the ship's WiFi.

Thanks for the explanation.

I was looking to see if the messaging option was available which sounds like it is.

Edited by MTNestr

Is princess@sea on the Island?
So far as I know, not yet. I'm betting it'll be added during her dry dock April 7-May 21.

Here's the list I have of ships with Princess@Sea:

Caribbean Princess

Coral Princess

Crown Princess

Emerald Princess

Golden Princess

Regal Princess

Royal Princess

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess

Edited by Pam in CA

RCL Quantum of the Sea proably most advanced.

DCL has app that provides you with the Nagagator same a patter on your Smart Phone through ship wifi its included on all 4 ships, texting between phone on board only now on Fantasy and Dream. You have to check program to see if you have message.

Carnival is putting system on two ships.

Think any new ship will be like Q of Sea 100% teck.

So far as I know, not yet. I'm betting it'll be added during her dry dock April 7-May 21.

Here's the list I have of ships with Princess@Sea:

Caribbean Princess

Coral Princess

Crown Princess

Emerald Princess

Golden Princess

Regal Princess

Royal Princess

Ruby Princess

Sapphire Princess

Bumming that they didn't add it to the Star during her dry dock in December. Oh well, i'm sure we will still have fun when we board her in April :p

Bumming that they didn't add it to the Star during her dry dock in December. Oh well, i'm sure we will still have fun when we board her in April :p

We were on the Star just before the dry dock. There were crews doing wiring during the cruise which they said was for wifi!

We used it on the Ruby over New Year's and found it helpful. The activity schedule was not as detailed as the patter and could use some improvement but it was a nice addition. Passenger to passenger message and was not available.

I was hoping it was already on the Island.

We were on the Star just before the dry dock. There were crews doing wiring during the cruise which they said was for wifi!
We were on the Star right after dry dock and this was not in place for use. After sailing on the Caribbean Princess we were disappointed it was not available.

That's the first step. Once the new cabling and WiFi is installed, they have a lot more work to do to upgrade/update the system. It doesn't need to be done in dry dock... They do it with passengers onboard. That's the way they did it on the Sapphire a year ago.

It's available for download but clearly states it can only be used on the Regal for now. Also states if you wait until you're onboard to download will have to purchase internet time to do so. Once you have the app it works with Princess@ sea. Am going on the Regal next week so downloaded it.

'

Pam- is the Princess@Sea on the Crown? Also, is it "user friendly"? We will be on the Crown in March and neither my wife or I run any chances of being mistaken for Bill Gates. LOL

Princess at sea Messenger is an app that you can download to your phone from the app store. To text other passengers on board using Princess WiFi. Limited ships right now all ships by Jan 2016.

It's available for download but clearly states it can only be used on the Regal for now. Also states if you wait until you're onboard to download will have to purchase internet time to do so. Once you have the app it works with Princess@ sea. Am going on the Regal next week so downloaded it.

'

We'll be on the Regal in April but I'm unable to locate the messenger on the Apple App Store using an iPhone/iPad Mini, searching online or on the Princess website...how did you locate the messenger app? :confused:

Pam- is the Princess@Sea on the Crown? Also, is it "user friendly"? We will be on the Crown in March and neither my wife or I run any chances of being mistaken for Bill Gates. LOL

I'm not Pam but have learned many things from her and sailed on the Crown a couple of weeks before her. The Princess@Sea intranet function was available however not the messenger app.

I've used it several times & for me it was "user friendly" and useful. It has a mobile version of the Patter to access events and to also view non dining room/buffet menus, deck plans, itinerary and onboard account. :)

I'm not Pam but have learned many things from her and sailed on the Crown a couple of weeks before her. The Princess@Sea intranet function was available however not the messenger app.

I've used it several times & for me it was "user friendly" and useful. It has a mobile version of the Patter to access events and to also view non dining room/buffet menus, deck plans, itinerary and onboard account. :)

Thanks for answering. Was out to dinner. :)

We found it a bit buggy on the Crown a couple of weeks ago. My daughter could access everything, including her folio; I was able to access everything except my folio. I kept getting an error message that my account wasn't recognized. Nothing I did or tried worked nor could anyone onboard help me. My daughter even tried signing in to my account on her iPhone in case it was a setting on my iPhone. No dice, no folio.

As Frank says, no messaging yet on the Crown.

This is the error message I got every time I tried to create an account to view my folio:

c952b5ff25db4fe2854e55e0fd810f0c.jpg

'

Can you post a link or screen shot of where you see if available for

download?

I have checked the google play store, and see don't see it.

Princess had promised it would be available back in November.

RCL Quantum of the Sea proably most advanced.

DCL has app that provides you with the Nagagator same a patter on your Smart Phone through ship wifi its included on all 4 ships, texting between phone on board only now on Fantasy and Dream. You have to check program to see if you have message.

Carnival is putting system on two ships.

Think any new ship will be like Q of Sea 100% teck.

NCL has had an app for a couple years- an actual app, not a mobile site. It includes the schedule and ability to view your folio, as well as booking dining and excursions. The app is free to download and works on the ships intranet. For $8 for the week, you can also use it to message and/or call others on board. You can even use it to call home for a per minute charge.

Can you post a link or screen shot of where you see if available for

download?

I have checked the google play store, and see don't see it.

Princess had promised it would be available back in November.

It's in the Play Store listed as Princess Cruises Messenger. It can't be used until you are onboard and have Princess @ Sea open. I'll post again next week when I'm on the Regal to report on how it works.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcm.princess.messenger&hl=en

584837736_PrincessCruisesMessanger.jpg.c3dc6cb0febd670d568f4a3c5936ed0c.jpg

Edited by Crzn-Life