Princess@Sea APP

MTNestr

We sailed on the ROYAL PRINCESS in May 2015 and we could use all features except for messaging. We then sailed Christmas 2015 on EMERALD PRINCESS and all features worked great! I can definitely see some more features added in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

The Princess web site says that you can check menus on Princess@Sea. Is it only the specialty dining or can you see the ATD and standard dining room menus.

If you can see the ATD/standard dining room menus, can you only see the menu for that day or the menus for the whole cruise?

Thanks!

The Princess web site says that you can check menus on Princess@Sea. Is it only the specialty dining or can you see the ATD and standard dining room menus.

If you can see the ATD/standard dining room menus, can you only see the menu for that day or the menus for the whole cruise?

Thanks!

It's only menus for restaurants that never change (specialty, Alfredo's, Gelato's, Ocean Terrace) but not MDR or buffet menus which change daily.

I could view the MDR menus displayed at the dining room entrances & in the HC near the aft elevators/stairs.

Edited by Astro Flyer

With the app? :)

Sorry about the confusion :o...it was a printed copy like we get in the dining room & was displayed in a glass enclosed frame outside the dining rooms & HC containing the MDR menu. For a sea day they displayed the lunch menu for the one open dining room & later the dinner menu.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry about the confusion :o...it was a printed copy like we get in the dining room & was displayed in a glass enclosed frame outside the dining rooms & HC containing the MDR menu. For a sea day they displayed the lunch menu for the one open dining room & later the dinner menu.

Thank you.

With the app? :)

If you have a smart phone go to your app store or on line and find Princess@sea and download it now and put it on your phone. The Regal and Royal both have it operational. When you get on board put your phone on Airplane Mode this turns off part that takes to your network. or would create large roaming bills.

Go to wifi and connect to the Princess Wifi connection. You will then be able to use app. Cannot use app until on ship. The app right now has the patten on it so you can see the activities by hour on the ship for the day. What movies are going to play in theater and movies under the stars and all the other stuff. You can also text between friend on board with smart phones if you get there number, assigned by princess, and you set it up in the texting section in the app. Need to go to internet café and get the instructions off the desk to make this one work. Problem here is no alarm if you get a text. So if you do not look you do not know.

I have been on another cruise lines that has all of this and also the menu each night for dinner. They only do MDR. so by the second night the waiter stopped giving me a menu because sometime during the day I already made up my mind what I was having for dinner. I am sure Princess will expand it as time goes by. Wifi only gives you access to app. If you want internet then you have to purchase a package internet plan for Princess and frankly they are terrible.

It's funny because a sister Co Carnival has far better deal then they do. We just wait until we get to port and I carry old smart phone that is striped of all information and use it to go to hot spot and check in at home tough one of the social media spots with DD and DGCs who will not be on this cruise. Sat in rest across form RP in Bonaire last time had three beers half what they charge on board and free internet got all caught up. If you use sprint it is on the Network while in St Thomas so we get caught up there just take phones off of Airplane mode.

Be happy to help you with it cannot remember stateroom number right now but sure we will be communicating more before cruise.

Edited by Beermam42

This is link that explains it right from Princess.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

We will be on the Royal transatlantic next month. I'm confused about how the messaging works. I know I can get the patter, etc. on my Kindle Fire but does the messaging work through the Princess@Sea or only on a smart phone with the app installed? We have Galaxy phones but usually just lock them in the safe while at sea and carry our Kindles. We'll download the app on our phones just in case, but would rather not have to carry them onboard.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for this link. This is an excellent idea and improvement over checking back at your cabin for a phone message or note and never having the daily schedule or ship map with you.

Unfortunately following the link to the AppStore states. " that that app (princess@sea) is not available in your county " what !!! I'm in the US, what's up with that ?...

Edited by jim007

Thanks for this link. This is an excellent idea and improvement over checking back at your cabin for a phone message or note and never having the daily schedule or ship map with you.

This is link that explains it right from Princess.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

Unfortunately following the link to the AppStore states. " that that app (princess@sea) is not available in your county " what !!! I'm in the US, what's up with that ?...

The Messenger app is no long necessary & thus is no longer available.

Princess@Sea (which includes Messenger) is accessed when your web browser connects to the onboard intranet & not an app.

Princess@Sea (which includes Messenger) is accessed when your web browser connects to the onboard intranet & not an app.

Thank you for the information ! Princess should update their webpage :)

:p

Edited by jim007

Thank you for the information ! Princess should update their webpage :)

:p

You're welcome & I found P@S to be helpful during our cruises.

Weeks ago I used the "Feedback" option from that webpage to inform them about the misinformation but unfortunately nothing has been updated. :(

Sorry to be dense, but does this mean I can uninstall the Princess app from my phone? Is there a particular browser that works best?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Sorry to be dense, but does this mean I can uninstall the Princess app from my phone? Is there a particular browser that works best?

I uninstalled the app and P@S (including Messenger) worked for us without it.

I use Apple devices & the Safari web browser worked well for me. I add a shortcut to my device's home screen by clicking on the browser's icon at the bottom (square box with an arrow pointing up) and then "Add to My Home Screen" to go directly to P@S which is more convenient for me.

Edited by Astro Flyer