Big Guy does the Blue Hole (Video)

NightOne

Finally got my Blue Hole footage edited and posted.

If you are wondering if big guys can do the Blue Hole your answer follows. :)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Direct link:

The above video is minimally edited and obviously NOT professionally done. LOL

Wow not too crowded at all!!

Yes, it is nothing like Dunn River Falls when it comes to crowds. I climbed DRF before going to the Blue Hole.

Only place there is a line for more than a minute is on the waterfall and that is because it takes some people a long time to get in position and it can be kind of scary. (I didn't even try to do that one LOL)

What an awesome video!! Looks like you had a great time!

Yes, I couldn't stop smiling.

On the video some of the jumps do not look very high at all. When doing them in person they definitely felt higher than they appeared when I watched the video afterwards. :)

I would definitely go to the Blue Hole again.

Was it difficult to get out of the water at any point? I didn't see the cave where you have to go in backward, did you do that?

No, it was not difficult to get out of the water for me. I told Omar up front I wasn't doing the waterfall or cave. Big guy squeezing through a small opening did not sound appealing to me. I think you can swim under and get to the cave. I had so much fun doing the other stuff that I actually forgot about even getting video of the cave when we got by it.

I was just coming here to post about this, but since you already have a post I figured I'd ask here first and maybe I won't need to make a separate post. :)

Would it be okay to take a two year old to Blue Hole? Obviously I wouldn't take him in the cave and wouldn't jump off the cliffs, but is it feasible to get to Blue Hole and swim with him (it would be 3 adults and a two year old) safely?

Thank you for posting we are going in a few weeks and I can't wait. It looks very fun.

I am just concerned because we are taking out 7 year old and some of the jumps look like you have to be very careful how and where you land. Also he is only an ok swimmer so I am kinda nervous about that. Our tour guide says they offer life jackets or i can bring my own.

Anything I should watch out for or be concerned taking a little one?

Thank you for posting we are going in a few weeks and I can't wait. It looks very fun.

I am just concerned because we are taking out 7 year old and some of the jumps look like you have to be very careful how and where you land. Also he is only an ok swimmer so I am kinda nervous about that. Our tour guide says they offer life jackets or i can bring my own.

Anything I should watch out for or be concerned taking a little one?

Believe me, I was plenty worried about how deep the water was and where exactly to jump. The guides will tell you where to jump, how deep it is, etc.

On this one jump I actually asked him if anyone ever has hit a certain ledge area that was below and he assured me that no one EVER has hit that ledge. LOL

However, after doing it I can now say that you aren't going to hit anything on your jumps and you don't have to sweat where you need to land. If there is anything to avoid the guide will tell you. They do this every day with all different sizes and shapes of people.

Also, you can skip anything you are not comfortable doing.

One thing I would say about the jumps is that I went pretty deep down in the water (maybe 8 to 10 feet or more) but then again I am a big guy. If your 7 year old can jump from the ledge of a pool into deep water (or from a diving board) then I think he would be fine.

Finally, once you get the 1st one done you are fired up and ready to do more of them.

Yes, I had a private tour with Javia Shaw of knowjamaica.com. Great guy and lots of fun.

I hope you do not mind a few questions... I did check out their website, but not 100% clear on a few things. Appears you are an avid Carnival traveler. Which port in Jamaica did you dock? How long was the overall tour?

Second video of Blue Hole I have seen and makes it more intriguing than Dunns River to me.

TIA!

What I love about your video is that it shows all the bumps, twists and paths of the Blue Hole. Other videos are edited to eliminate the "boring" stuff which I find important to know. I have two DDs (13 and 15) and my mom (77) and having a better idea what the terrain looks like gives me a sense of comfort. Thanks for posting your "minimally edited" video, I loved it!

Thanks for posting your video, really enjoyed it and it gave me a much more complete picture of Blue Hole than any other video I have seen.

We will be there in 3 weeks, myself and 2 grandkids age 11 and 15 - I have been stressing about whether or not I made the right choice in booking this tour, but since watching your video I know we will all enjoy it!:)

Thanks again!

Thanks for posting your video, really enjoyed it and it gave me a much more complete picture of Blue Hole than any other video I have seen.

We will be there in 3 weeks, myself and 2 grandkids age 11 and 15 - I have been stressing about whether or not I made the right choice in booking this tour, but since watching your video I know we will all enjoy it!:)

Thanks again!

Since you are sailing Oasis, I assume you are docking in Falmouth? Will you share some specifics of your tour details? Pick up/drop off times in relation to your time in port is mainly what I am looking for.

TIA!