Would you choose Inspiration or Imagination?

chrisaf

I normally sail NCL and RCCL. I have not sailed Carnival since the 80's but since I am in So. Cal, am looking at a 4 day Baja cruise for a quick getaway. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the Inspiration or Imagination as they both go on the same route? Would be sailing in a Suite if that makes any difference. Thank you.

I normally sail NCL and RCCL. I have not sailed Carnival since the 80's but since I am in So. Cal, am looking at a 4 day Baja cruise for a quick getaway. Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the Inspiration or Imagination as they both go on the same route? Would be sailing in a Suite if that makes any difference. Thank you.

imo, they are the same ship, just different decor. And yes, I have done the suites on both, but only because they will sleep 5, and we like to cruise together. If you are booking a suite just for the balcony, I can understand, but other than that, it's not worth the money, because the suites just aren't that "sweet".. LOL

Pick whichever dates work best for you, and have a great time!!!

Pick whichever dates work best for you, and have a great time!!!

This exactly!

Suites on Carnival have only one perk-- priority embarkation. They have puny balconies.

Edited by SadieN

Since they are sister ships, there will be a LOT more similarities than differences.

That said, however, one of my favorite shows is Epic Rock (all your favorite rock anthems from the 80s and 90s), which is on the Imagination.

Other than that, pick your most convenient days.

Bob

We love these four day cruises and have sailed them many times, mostly on Carnival Inspiration. We are changing ships to the Carnival Imagination for our next cruise to get a different decor. Both ships are the same in terms of how they are set up ... the decor is just different. And, like xbatt8 said above ... the show offerings will be different. Other than that, there really isn't much difference.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Choose the grand suite as the balcony is just a tad larger than the Jr Suite. Other than priority embarkation/debarkation there are no other perks for the suite except for the balcony. To me the balcony is worth the price of the suite as the DD and I like to read quietly and enjoy ocean breeze. The 4-day is a little quieter than the 3-day but as any cruise it is what you make it. Have a great time!

We've done the Imagination a few times, great crew, everyone is wonderful, and Goose is an awesome cruise director. We're trying out the Inspiration in September, but I don't expect a huge difference.

We did the Grand Suite and absolutely loved it, only caveat--the way the suites jut out puts half of your room under a hallway. We were smack dab midship and people (kids?) would run up and down it a lot. The Junior suite balconies aren't really worth it, not deep enough to sit--have to sit at an angle, and there is a public deck directly below you. The 4 days are really nice, the 3s are a bit rowdier but have a great energy.

Been on both... Imagination crew is much friendlier and shows are better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the opposite opinion. But it wouldn't stop me from sailing the Imagination.

• 1 month later...

I've cruised both several times. I like the Fri-Mon Inspiration cruises and the Imagination for the 4 day cruises...mostly due to work schedule. I think the Imagination is a bit prettier, but that is just my opinion. Food and service are equal. Can't go wrong, just pick the dates that work for you.