Tenders at St Peter's Port Guernsey

Canugess

We have a day trip there coming up, my previous experience of tenders in monte carlo was a disaster, am I right to be worried about the ability to get off of the ship?

Anyone have experience of Guernsey?

We have a day trip there coming up, my previous experience of tenders in monte carlo was a disaster, am I right to be worried about the ability to get off of the ship?

Disaster? You sank?

No point being worried, but there is a chance you won't get off the ship.

Disaster? You sank?

LOL! A disaster implies that emergency personnel had to be called, with lives at stake. I suspect the OP was only slightly inconvenienced, but calling it a "disaster" is so much more satisfying. ;)

The OP asked the exact same question, word for word, on the P&O forum.

Edited by SantaFeFan

We had no problem getting off the ship and onto a tender. We did have a long queue to get onto the tender to go back to the ship. One of the shop owners told us that had been a problem before. Guernsey has at least two ferries that also tender passengers to and from, but sometimes the larger boat is not available, which can result in the long lines.

Edited by Chloe1500

I was in Guernsey last July on a HAL ship. Tendering was easy & quick. It was about a 2-3 block walk to the main street. I can't walk long distances & I was fine.

BTW -- Guernsey had some of the most spectacular public flower displays I've ever seen!

We tendered there and had no problems. Got our tender tickets as soon as possible.

In May of this year, we tendered off the Royal Princess into port without any problems. I did hear that a few hours later, there was a little more chop, but tenders continued to run all day. However, returning onto the ship in the afternoon was another issue. Seems everyone wanted to stay ashore until the end of the allotted time and then got into the line. Luckily, we headed back right after our tour, but still had about a 20 minute wait to board the tender. Looking at the line building behind us - it stretched across the pier to the street. People were attempting to "sneak" into the line, but Princess staff were on the pier and directing those few to get into line.

Darcy