Entire booking vanished

spearnreel

Been having problems with MSC website, customer service, breach of privacy ever since booking our first cruise with them. We have received (3) separate individuals very personal information (addresses, email address, phone numbers, etc.) and that hasn't been reason enough for MSC to correct these errors from continuing to happen. We have had errors indicting outstanding balances and who knows what else. Just now I checked our upcoming booking and "NOT" to my surprise, our booking along with everything we have pre-booked has completely vanished. Customer support has seemed to be a waste of time. I have no evidence that our personal information hasn't been leaked but it makes me wonder. I think most can agree that part of the enjoyment in booking a cruise is the time leading up to it and making the pre-booking events. This experience has been miserable and from reading other posts with similar issues, I am sure others feel the same way. I would have avoided ever booking MSC if I had known this. Now that I am invested, I don't wish to cancel. Have made very patient attempts at allowing MSC to correct their glitches. At this point, am heavily considering approaching legal. Just not sure where to turn or whom to contact. Open to any suggestions that may help avoid an already bad situation get any worse. Thanks

Edited by spearnreel

Sorry this has happened to you. However, I think you have convinced me to use a travel agent when booking MSC. I never thought anyone could have worse IT than Royal Caribbean.

Been having problems with MSC website, customer service, breach of privacy ever since booking our first cruise with them. We have received (3) separate individuals very personal information (addresses, email address, phone numbers, etc.) and that hasn't been reason enough for MSC to correct these errors from continuing to happen. We have had errors indicting outstanding balances and who knows what else. Just now I checked our upcoming booking and "NOT" to my surprise, our booking along with everything we have pre-booked has completely vanished. Customer support has seemed to be a waste of time. I have no evidence that our personal information hasn't been leaked but it makes me wonder. I think most can agree that part of the enjoyment in booking a cruise is the time leading up to it and making the pre-booking events. This experience has been miserable and from reading other posts with similar issues, I am sure others feel the same way. I would have avoided ever booking MSC if I had known this. Now that I am invested, I don't wish to cancel. Have made very patient attempts at allowing MSC to correct their glitches. At this point, am heavily considering approaching legal. Just not sure where to turn or whom to contact. Open to any suggestions that may help avoid an already bad situation get any worse. Thanks

You might try contacting MSC through their Facebook page. I have seen them respond very quickly to some questions about customer service.

I was just on the site and when I logged in the login area my booking was not listed. I logged out and logged back in under manage my booking and my booking was there and correct. I hope this will work for you. I freaked out at first so I know how you feel.

I've had the same issues and even talked with the person whose information was swapped with mine to make him aware. I had my information fixed once when it was just my info swapped. Two days ago my wife's info was changed to someone else. Our booking also disappeared from when I log in with my MSC number but if I log in with the booking number I can then see it. I had a very nice lady help me today and I took her contact information as she told me it is better to email then wait on hold. Good Luck!

I have three bookings all paid for, however they have all disappeared from my account, I think they must have removed this functionality while they work on a fix for the issues with data privacy

3 Bookings? Wow...... my idol. lol. I cant wait for my next booking to be made. Have to wait patiently though

Hope you find your bookings.

Stu

Was able to find my (now deleted from my online profile) booking by logging in using booking information. Still not sure why deleted from my online profile booking page? Thanks for the lead previous posters. However, wife and I had a good chunk of assigned on board credit as well as a portion of pre-booking items are now gone and not assigned to our booking. It truly makes my wonder if when we do show up for embarkation, that we might be turned away considering how screwy our entire booking has been so far or that our pre-booked items and onboard credits will end up elsewhere. MSC, I seen the invite to contact the MSC IT department but we have already been down that road with no success (made things worse). If the MSC forum rep does happen to read my situation and would like to help correct it, as I am willing to, please PM me and help get me in touch with the right personnel. So far my most reliable source regarding my MSC issues has been this forum. Thanks.

Was able to find my (now deleted from my online profile) booking by logging in using booking information. Still not sure why deleted from my online profile booking page? Thanks for the lead previous posters. However, wife and I had a good chunk of assigned on board credit as well as a portion of pre-booking items are now gone and not assigned to our booking. It truly makes my wonder if when we do show up for embarkation, that we might be turned away considering how screwy our entire booking has been so far or that our pre-booked items and onboard credits will end up elsewhere. MSC, I seen the invite to contact the MSC IT department but we have already been down that road with no success (made things worse). If the MSC forum rep does happen to read my situation and would like to help correct it, as I am willing to, please PM me and help get me in touch with the right personnel. So far my most reliable source regarding my MSC issues has been this forum. Thanks.

There is NO PM function on CC....but if you email them at the email above they WILL get back to you..

BTW my booking disappeared from the 1st screen, with my profile, but when I entered the booking number I was able to find it....

I agree though, IT-wise, there are a LOT of issues both for consumers and agents.....

Haha it keeps me going to work Stu - gotta have something to look forward to

So true. I have terrible post cruise blues from My Caribbean one at the beginning of march. 3 more i can only dream of at the moment. I think Meraviglia & Seaside will be the next ones

stu

I've noticed that the free allegrissimo package has disappeared from my September booking.In fact it only ever had my name and not my husbands.( mind you according to his date of birth on the website 2050 he hasnt been born yet so they probably think he is under age.)

Our free port parking still appears.

My booking confirmation from MSC has both our names included for drinks package so I will make sure I take it with me .I dont think I can be bothered trying to phone them.

MSC Cruises has received these comments and takes the privacy of customers data very seriously. Please be advised that, while investigating this matter, MSC Cruises has immediately moved to temporarily disable portions of its US and Canadian online web portal while it is further investigating this issue. This may make current US or Canadian-made reservations not appear when logging in. At this time we have no estimate for when this work will be completed and full US & Canada website functionality restored. Check back for updates periodically. In the meantime, if you have any questions or other about a current US or Canadian reservation, please contract MSC Cruises directly at 1-877-665-4655.

MSC site closed for IT maintenance. One could only hope...

That brought on a good laugh for both my husband and me.

and...

it's still closed for IT maintenance this morning, almost 12 hours later.

We wanted to check our booking to see if it was still there or if we now had acquired a Dutch email address and physical address as my husband did for our current booking!

Absolutely ludicrous!

That brought on a good laugh for both my husband and me.

and...

it's still closed for IT maintenance this morning, almost 12 hours later. Since it is now after 6PM in Italy, I am wondering if they have gone home for the day.

We wanted to check our booking to see if it was still there or if we now had acquired a Dutch email address and physical address as my husband did for our current booking!

Absolutely ludicrous!

IT's been closed longer than that. I couldn't log in Saturday either.

Edited by pamwinn

Haha it keeps me going to work Stu - gotta have something to look forward to

So true. I have terrible post cruise blues from My Caribbean one at the beginning of march. 3 more i can only dream of at the moment. I think Meraviglia & Seaside will be the next ones

stu

That's the way I look at it too, is that it helps me to keep my sanity by having something booked. I gotta have something to look forward to.

And Meraviglia and Seaside are two of the three that I currently have booked. Looking forward to these brand new ships.

Early Tuesday morning and the site still isn't allowing me to log in. More "IT maintenance"? We have 3 cabins booked for June departure and last week all the birthdates were scrambled. I called and they were corrected--can't help but wonder if the "maintenance" will scramble them again. I told the customer service rep that their website was the worst of any cruiseline I've worked with--and there are several. The rep told me they hear that a lot. They had better get their act together or customers will look elsewhere. Our final payment is due next week and I'm almost afraid that they will mess that up too and credit someone else. Also not looking forward to being on hold for half hour or more when I call. We are really looking forward to this cruise but the pre-cruise service leaves us a little uncomfortable with MSC.

I am having trouble logging in and locating all three cabins that I booked for June. I hope this is resolved soon as I would like to pre-book some excursions etc.

This is my first time with MSC and it is not starting out as a good experience. I am also nervous about paying my final payments this month :(

Also, does anyone know if you can upgrade your cabins to Aurea or YC? Can I do this once I am logged in?

I am having trouble logging in and locating all three cabins that I booked for June. I hope this is resolved soon as I would like to pre-book some excursions etc.

This is my first time with MSC and it is not starting out as a good experience. I am also nervous about paying my final payments this month :(

Also, does anyone know if you can upgrade your cabins to Aurea or YC? Can I do this once I am logged in?

Unless they are making massive changes to their system, you will need to call in to change your cabin. I'd also highly recommend making your final payment and doing all the prebooking stuff via phone and don't hang up until you get email confirmations. :)

One would think that any company with a qualified enough IT crew would be able to have things repaired and restored a bit faster than 4+ days of being down? I have been seriously considering contacting the three individuals that over the course of my booking, MSC has voluntarily released their very personal information to me through me logging in to MY online account. I know I would appreciate a trustworthy stranger contacting me if my information had been treated negligently (I wouldn't be surprised if my information has been treated loosely). Has anyone contacted any of the mishandled privacy victims or anyone have any thoughts on doing so?