O Life Excursions

BPCruiser

Hoping someone can answer this for me, we have O Life Excursions (8 total) included in our cruise booking for May 2017 on Marina.

If we choose to book our own Port excursions (small group from our roll call) as we normally do, will Oceania give us that $$ amount back off of the price of our cruise or do they just offer it back as OBC? We already have pre-paid Gratuities and OBC from our TA.

Would prefer to have it taken off the cruise fare prior to final payment. We are not big fans of using the cruise ship port excursions.

Thanks for any feed back!

Brenda

Does your cruise offer a Cruise only fare?

You can opt out of the O Life perks if you want but I think it also cancels the Included air portion of the deal ...someone may know for sure

Not a problem for those that do not take the "free" air

Lynn, thanks for your thoughts but don't want to change to cruise only as we may use their air, plus we have unlimited internet, pp gratuities and OBC. Just would like to book my own port excursions and have the money refunded from the Olife excursions included in our original booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lynn, thanks for your thoughts but don't want to change to cruise only as we may use their air, plus we have unlimited internet, pp gratuities and OBC. Just would like to book my own port excursions and have the money refunded from the Olife excursions included in our original booking.

I was looking at the T & C's I do not think the O life perks are like the "free" air where you get a deduction if you do not use their air

Maybe just take the extra OBC from the O life perk & spoil yourself at the spa or shop or party like you are 25 again :D

I bought my Estee Lauder face cream with the OBC sort like getting a free gift from O

just a thought

You will not get the money back. But there is often an option to get obc in lieu of excursions. A good ta can help you

Plus 1

Take the non-refundable O Life OBC instead. It can be used for alcohol, ship excursions, tips (for those who don't have them included) and all sorts of other onboard expenses. Your TA OBC is probably refundable and that you can get back at the end of the cruise if it's unused.

But, switch the O Life ASAP! (Before you're locked in to the excursions).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Is your cruise one of the South American ones that gets all 3 of the perks?

If so you probably either will need to use the excursions or lose them. I doubt you can get more OBC instead. But do check with your TA or Oceania.

If you have a choice between perks it's no issue, just take the OBC.