HI,from Maasdam

seaair100

Please tell Shy "HI" from Pat. I was lucky enough to have him as my waiter in May. He is the BEST!

SO glad you are having a good time! I was in that area last wkend & the trees were beautiful!

Have a WONDERFUL time & THANKS for posting!

Thanks for the report; wish I were there, too. Isn't PEI pretty?

Please look up Musa and Rolando in the Lido and give them a great big smile from me. Musa was Shy's counterpart on the other side (starboard for the first half; port on the return leg) greeting people and handing out trays. Rolando is a cook who had a small amount of applesauce and a cheery hello waiting for me each morning.

Having Fall like ,but sunny day in PEI.1st sunny day since leaving Sat.The ship has no vibration,no "bad" smells.Food and service is fine.Shy says hi.He is his always friendly self.

My DW and I are scheduled to sail her in January. Do you know if they serve hot wings at any time on lido deck?

Thanx in advance

Had a wonderful rest of trip on the last Canada/NE trip this year.Weather was mainly rainy to overcast and brisk breeze,did have some sun.Temp around 50 F.

Had the dreaded virus on board, got 1st letter a couple of days out, and then a sterner letter the next day.I appreciate why they take the precautions ,but it does give a hard working crew, more work.

I enjoy the maritimes, and this time was no exception.Because it was a warm Summer there, the leaves were changing late and we had a treat seeing all the color.

I thought the food in the dining room at dinner was fine,had all my evening meals there.

We were in the midst of the Noreaster/and some of Wilma on Mon. afternoon into Tues.Came in to port at Norfolk Tues, PM, rather the Wed.Long story short, bad, bad storm.Great Captain,kept well informed.Were well cared for,felt that he and the home office dickered with the Norfolk port authorities to let us come in early rather then sit out at sea or in the Norfolk harbor.I am appreciative that we were able to dock and therefore feel safe.I do not always have a good word for Seattle, but I do today,hahah.

Do not remember seeing chicken wings on the Lido.

Shy gave me a list of people to say hi to, please forgive me if I spell your name wrong or overlook you.

Shy says hi toPat, Lisa andTom, Ruth. Mike and Joe,Paula, Carle and Joan, Jenifer,Larg and Nadio.Parker and Grace.

Had the dreaded virus on board, got 1st letter a couple of days out, and then a sterner letter the next day.I appreciate why they take the precautions ,but it does give a hard working crew, more work.

Glad that you had such a wonderful time and that you got through Wilma ok.

Could you explain what the letters said and what precautions were in place that gave the hard working crew, even more work?

Thanks!

The 1st letter indicated that there was an outbreak of GI illness.Good hand washing,,etcThat you should report to nurse, your illness and then stay in cabin.The next letter reinforced handwashing, and that all people ill,needed to report to the nurse and then were to be in their cabin for 72 hrs,instead of usual 24 to 48 hrs.

People were requested, not just asked ,to use the hand sanitizer stations at entrance to Dining Rooms and Lido.The Lido buffet, you had to be served everything,inc salad bar, was done for you, tea and coffee also..Taco

bar closed.

In DR, same thing ,salt/pepper,sugar, rolls.All had to be served by waiter.

Time consuming.Have been in a no. of cruise over the years,have had virus outbreaks also.But shows how things have changed.I do understand that it is for the best of both crew and passengers,but it does put a slight damper on food service.

So ,the right thing is being done.

Archived