Half Moon Cay

lookin2cruise2017

Swim :D

There is a dock. A dock for tenders. Tenders are boats that ferry people between the ship and shore. You will walk on & off the tender.

Most other popular ports have docks large enough to handle cruise ships. So you will walk on and off.

As broberts said, you'll take a tender boat from the ship to the island. As a "heads up", the closer it gets to departure time, the longer the line will get for the tender that takes you back to the ship. And, if it's a hot day, you really don't want stand in line for 45 minutes (or more) waiting to go back. As difficult as it is to leave this beautiful beach (many call it paradise), plan to head back at least an hour ahead of time. Hope you have a great cruise!

As broberts said, you'll take a tender boat from the ship to the island. As a "heads up", the closer it gets to departure time, the longer the line will get for the tender that takes you back to the ship. And, if it's a hot day, you really don't want stand in line for 45 minutes (or more) waiting to go back. As difficult as it is to leave this beautiful beach (many call it paradise), plan to head back at least an hour ahead of time. Hope you have a great cruise!

It looks absolutely gorgeous from pictures. So our plan was to go back to the ship for meals, since this isnt a simple walk back on the ship kind of thing, we should probably plan on purchasing lunch at HMC? Do you have any recommendations of where to eat?

No -- you can not use your Beverage Card on HMC. No computers there.

The BBQ is from 11:30 - 1 -- lots of tables to eat at.

There are 2 huge island tenders that ferry quite a few people back and forth from the island. Sorry -- I can't get any pictures to take on this new format.

There is also a Lobster Shack -- but you have to pay for this meal.

You can use your Sign and Sail card to buy drinks on the island. This is a private island so everything is via Carnival including bars. It's my favorite beach that Carnival visits. They had Carnival waiters walking the beaches with buckets of beer - just gave him my S&S card and I was laying in the ocean with a bucket of beer - ah to be on vacation!

Oh, and the beach chairs are free too.

The link in my profile includes a photo set from Half Moon Cay including photos of the tenders. Enjoy your trip!

Oh really? That is awesome, I didnt know that. Is there a place that says all of this stuff or do you just find out when you get on the ship?

If you look on the Private Islands board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

you will see many threads on HMC, with pictures, videos and all sorts of info. And we have been there 8 times, with 2 visits scheduled for next month.

It looks absolutely gorgeous from pictures. So our plan was to go back to the ship for meals, since this isnt a simple walk back on the ship kind of thing, we should probably plan on purchasing lunch at HMC? Do you have any recommendations of where to eat?

It is one of my favorite places in the world. I was there last year one week after the hurricane and the beach was pretty eroded. But the island was as beautiful as ever. You do not need to go back to the boat for anything. Just pack yourself a couple of water bottles and enjoy the day. Food is provided and it is good. Have a blast. Half Moon truly is paradise on earth.